Become a Patron!

NUTS?

mg6526

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see on FA website that they have pistachio nut flavor suitable for vaping. Anyone try this yet? Some of the other venders have this flavoring as well. Any thoughts about any of them would be great. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I see on FA website that they have pistachio nut flavor suitable for vaping. Anyone try this yet? Some of the other venders have this flavoring as well. Any thoughts about any of them would be great. :)

FA Pistachio is the flavor of actual raw pistachio nuts - not roasted or salted or sweet. It's a great addition to nutty tobaccos. To make it like the fake pistachio flavor in green ice cream takes a lot of vanilla-cream-caramel-sweet, but when you get all that in there, it's just right.

TFA's tastes more like a pistachio extract. It smells absolutely fantastic! If it tasted the same as it smells, it would be perfection.

If you're American, add some FA Almond to which ever pistachio you use. Most pistachio-flavored stuff in the U.S. uses almond extract - sometimes ONLY almond, just colored green. Weird, but true - American taste buds will recognize pistachio better in the presence of almond.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a bottle from Strange Cloud. I didn't like it when I got it. But now that it's been several months, I'll fill up a tank and give it another try today.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HIC's points about pistachio are right on.
I loved pistachio ice cream, and tried a premade pistachio ejuice. It tasted nothing like the icecream, but just kind of nutty in a way I couldn't relate to. And yup, the almond extract is the strongest flavor in the delish ice cream.

mg6526

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks to all that responded. Coming from a Greek/Italian/French background, my mom would make baklava when I was growing up, and I still to this day love this dessert. Thought I'd give it a try once I gain some experience mixing. She would use pistachios, walnuts, and sometimes would add almonds and/or hazelnuts.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I like tfa pistachio.. it works good for a nutty ice cream :)
but it is light.. try it out around 6%

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thx for.the tips.smoky. Very helpful.in.dealing with this flavor, and gave me a couple ideas. Great another bookmark to get back.to!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, to me I get an almost fruity taste with TFA pistachio.... Definitely not nutty to my buds...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd have to look at my notes but I think it was from 5-10%

VU Sponsors