FA Catalan Cream 1%
FA Cinnamon Celyon 1%
FA Custard 1.5%
FA Meringue 1%
FA Torrone 0.25%
TPA Whipped Cream 2%
TPA Bittersweet Chocolate 1%
INW SHisha Vanilla 1.25%

Never had a cannoli just made this based from recipes I found for the real thing and liked it though it needed a good 2-3 week steep.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
INW Biscuit 2%
FA Joy 0.75%
FA Nonna Cake 1.5%
FA Catalan Cream 1%
FA Cinnamon Celyon 1%
FA Custard 1.5%
FA Meringue 1%
FA Torrone 0.25%
TPA Whipped Cream 2%
TPA Bittersweet Chocolate 1%
INW SHisha Vanilla 1.25%

Never had a cannoli just made this based from recipes I found for the real thing and liked it though it needed a good 2-3 week steep.
I just love the name!! Thanks for sharing.

arth1981

Member For 4 Years
Sounds tasty. I think cannoli filling is sweetened ricotta so I wonder if a touch of ny cheesecake or cream cheese frosting would bring that slight tang to the party

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds tasty. I think cannoli filling is sweetened ricotta so I wonder if a touch of ny cheesecake or cream cheese frosting would bring that slight tang to the party

I tried for that with the nonna cake and creams.....but having never had a cannoli or knowingly had sweetened ricotta as far as I can remember, I have no idea if that is the case :) Those are the two most popular concentrates probably that I have never bought as Loranns frosting hard to get over here and when I bought juice I vaped quite a few cheesecake juices and ended up getting sick of the flavour and I think they were probably all using capellas cheesecake.

arth1981

Member For 4 Years
I tried for that with the nonna cake and creams.....but having never had a cannoli or knowingly had sweetened ricotta as far as I can remember, I have no idea if that is the case :) Those are the two most popular concentrates probably that I have never bought as Loranns frosting hard to get over here and when I bought juice I vaped quite a few cheesecake juices and ended up getting sick of the flavour and I think they were probably all using capellas cheesecake.

Yeah cheesecakes and yogurts get old pretty quick for me if they're dominant. If I make this I might drop the custard to 1% and do the cream cheese frosting at .5% to see how it goes. I'll let you know if I do

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've read most have a waffle in there for that fried oily bready taste of a real cannoli made .. Of course I'm Italian here and made them personally .,
Problem with waffle inw is so strong you need to 10% dilution . Then deside what's best to add in ..great idea with Nonna cake for that ricotta taste ...authentic !
Great recipe though I'm going to try and see difference .

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've read most have a waffle in there for that fried oily bready taste of a real cannoli made .. Of course I'm Italian here and made them personally .,
Problem with waffle inw is so strong you need to 10% dilution . Then deside what's best to add in ..great idea with Nonna cake for that ricotta taste ...authentic !

I did try a couple of remixes of this recipe originally with inw waffle (also in a pizelle one i was trying to do). Didnt really work for me to be honest, I do really love the inw bisuit and joy combination, which may have been why it didnt work haha.

Im finding INW waffle a tough one. The smell from the bottle of concentrate is incredible, smells exactly like a wafer biscuit. Right though it is strong, I was doing 1 dop per 10ml, since changed to 1 per 20ml in a few recipes and still not loving it. Im wondering if its a good flavour that just wont be for me....have started trying to use it for the obvious recipe, a waffle one :)

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anybody tried making this? Not one to bang on about own recipes generally. Most of the stuff I have posted is after making one bottle, remaking them some dont seem as good, a couple stand out but I cant get enough of this one. Have vaped over 100ml of this and it just gets better, usually I get bored of a flavour before I even finish a 20ml bottle.

If you have all these concentrates and especially if a custard lover, give this one a go. No idea how accurate or authentic it is as a cannoli as never had one, but for me, this is a fantastic vape.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im finding INW waffle a tough one. The smell from the bottle of concentrate is incredible, smells exactly like a wafer biscuit.

You could always try some TFA Belgian Waffle as it's way different and not near as strong as INW.
But I really like the INW Waffle for Waffle types anyway.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You could always try some TFA Belgian Waffle as it's way different and not near as strong as INW.
But I really like the INW Waffle for Waffle types anyway.

Tried either TPA or Cap one before and found it really dull, also liquid barns which was pretty much the same, just not much flavour in them. Think INW one is good, by far the best one and certainly not lacking in flavour, I just dont think waffle is a flavour for me full stop tbh. Everything I have made with waffle in, I prefer without the waffle added. The INW Biscuit and JOy is one of my favourite combinations anyway, love the fried buttery pastry taste from it, and its nice and light too.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tried either TPA or Cap one before and found it really dull, also liquid barns which was pretty much the same, just not much flavour in them. Think INW one is good, by far the best one and certainly not lacking in flavour, I just dont think waffle is a flavour for me full stop tbh. Everything I have made with waffle in, I prefer without the waffle added. The INW Biscuit and JOy is one of my favourite combinations anyway, love the fried buttery pastry taste from it, and its nice and light too.

I absolutely love the Biscuit myself, but haven't tried it with Joy yet tho:idea:

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I did try a couple of remixes of this recipe originally with inw waffle (also in a pizelle one i was trying to do). Didnt really work for me to be honest, I do really love the inw bisuit and joy combination, which may have been why it didnt work haha.

Im finding INW waffle a tough one. The smell from the bottle of concentrate is incredible, smells exactly like a wafer biscuit. Right though it is strong, I was doing 1 dop per 10ml, since changed to 1 per 20ml in a few recipes and still not loving it. Im wondering if its a good flavour that just wont be for me....have started trying to use it for the obvious recipe, a waffle one :)

I made a cannoli recipe a while back that used liquid barn Belgian waffle and I think that was the most accurate part. It was the rest of the cannoli I failed at. But I'll put in an order for some of these and give it a try soon!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I made a cannoli recipe a while back that used liquid barn Belgian waffle and I think that was the most accurate part. It was the rest of the cannoli I failed at. But I'll put in an order for some of these and give it a try soon!

Interesting. I have never tried a real cannoli so accuracy of mine may be totally way off to a real cannoli, I do love this one though. I dont really do the ADV thing generally as want to try something new and can get bored of flavour but I havent with this one so far at all.
I didnt mind the liquid barn waffle, it just seemed really light on maple compared to FA maple and the waffle element I could taste much more than the tfa or cap one I tried ages ago, but it was more like a pancake flavour to me.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have everything but the chocolate, I might try to sub in a little chocolate glazed or maybe some fa cocoa. Can't wait to try this, thanks for the share.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The chocolate is definately the least significant part of this, barely there. I purposely added as little as possible really as saw it in a lot of real cannoli recipes but I dont really like choc flavours and didnt want it to come through much. You could just leave it out.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
just mixed it up minus the chocolate, no way ill be able to wait 2-3 weeks but ill give it a day, or 12 hours, or something lol also, just shook up, it smells really really nice.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Shake the hell out of it in that case, or hide it....not too well though, so you can still find it :) Let me know what you think good or bad

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The chocolate is definately the least significant part of this, barely there. I purposely added as little as possible really as saw it in a lot of real cannoli recipes but I dont really like choc flavours and didnt want it to come through much. You could just leave it out.

The right chocolate could be good, like I think a super small amount if cap glazed chocolate donut might be nice since it has that glazed seperated mouth feel but mixed 50/50 with a bitter chocolate to get the chocolate chip flavor.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The right chocolate could be good, like I think a super small amount if cap glazed chocolate donut might be nice since it has that glazed seperated mouth feel but mixed 50/50 with a bitter chocolate to get the chocolate chip flavor.

Probably not a bad shout. Do like the choc in choc doughnut, not the donut itself so much though, much prefer there normal doughnut, wonder if it would make this a bit cakey though on the pastry side? Or maybe that’s a good thing….dont know real cannolis. I like this for the very different custard taste more than anything.

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Probably not a bad shout. Do like the choc in choc doughnut, not the donut itself so much though, much prefer there normal doughnut, wonder if it would make this a bit cakey though on the pastry side? Or maybe that’s a good thing….dont know real cannolis. I like this for the very different custard taste more than anything.
We really need to get you a cannoli dude. =P

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HAHA So true, I was even googling local bakeries and pattisseries recently trying to find some to see how they compare to this.

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Have you seen the video for the song Thank God For Girls by Weezer? Three minutes of a creepy guy eating cannolis with a picture of Jesus in the background. Good song though, creepy.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Shake the hell out of it in that case, or hide it....not too well though, so you can still find it :) Let me know what you think good or bad
Ok so I've been vaping this in my rotation, on the reg. Minus the chocolate, and I'm really really liking it, all 10 flavors combine at just the right moment to deliver a pretty darn good canoli/bakery flavor. Very smooth and everything plays well together. I'm really enjoying it. Next I'm def. Goi g to be adding chocolate glazed doughnut to it lol I think that would be nice

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yay, my Shisha vanilla comes today. I stupidly forgot to add the tpa bittersweet chocolate...only missing flavor. I'll mix later today. I love the one on one's chocolate chip cookie flavor, but it easily overpowers. O think I'll mix 2 bottles and just add .25-5% o.o.o.choc. chip cookie to one bottle. I promise to wait an entire week at least...I hope.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Excellent, love to know what you think of it. I notice there was some competition on the diyordie website that involved making a cannoli. Glad to see a lot of the winners seemed to use similar ingredients on the whole, though notice only one personused nonnas cake, they all seemed to be caps ny cheesecake.

As for the steeping I think it’s a personal preference really. Unless its just fruits I have to leave everything a week or two but after that period recipes don’t seem to alter much but then I see some recipes with stuff like “breathe for 12hours and steep 4-6 weeks”…..instantly that makes me lose interest immediately, so I can guess why some people may with this so just steep however long you would normally ;)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With Nonna's Cake it usually takes a couple of days. I usually don't even steep, but I do a few days with Nonna.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only way I can leave something to steep that long is make up a bunch of other recipes that don't require steep. I'll put it to the side and vape everything else and then open it on the ETA I wrote on the bottle. Sounds good Willbo- I'm going to write it down for future mixing !

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not fond of Nonna's cake fresh mixed and even prefer it in mixes around .5% rather than higher %'s, but this looks good so I'm giving it a go as written, other than the chocolate part. I'm excited to try this Wilbo. How can it not be good since it has the force with it??

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
latest

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HAHA So true, I was even googling local bakeries and pattisseries recently trying to find some to see how they compare to this.

I've been eating cannolis for over 50 years. It's Very Important that the shell is fresh and has only been recently filled. Nobody should have a soggy cannoli!

I was at a party last weekend and someone brought a cannoli chips & dip tray from Mariano's ( http://www.marianos.com/product/search?q=cannoli ) Since one would dip the triangular tortilla shaped shells in the dip filling just prior to consumption, I thought this was a fine idea.

Most of the cannolis I've had contained no chocolate or chocolate chips. Since folks have been making cannolis at least a thousand years before chocolate was even known in Europe; you could safety say adding any chocolate is not necessarily a tradition or requirement. ;)

“Beddi cannuola di Carnivali, megghiu vuccuni a lu munnu un ci nn’è,”
(Beautiful Carnival Cannoli, there is no better morsel in the world)

“Cui nun ni mancia, si fazza ammazzari, Cui li disprezza è un gran cornuto affè.”
(Those who don’t eat them deserve to go to the hell, those who despise them are cuckolds.”)
-19th century Sicilian poem

Ron
----
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli”-Pete Clemenza (in The Godfather )

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not fond of Nonna's cake fresh mixed and even prefer it in mixes around .5% rather than higher %'s, but this looks good so I'm giving it a go as written, other than the chocolate part. I'm excited to try this Wilbo. How can it not be good since it has the force with it??

I am with you on the nonna cake. I am not generally fond of it, especially as a cake but I have found I like it at 0.5% mixed in with other creams A LOT. I only used so much of it in this as I kept reading cannoli recipes as being heavy on ricotta. I was concerned it would taste of the nonna flavour I don’t like, but to my tastebuds at least it doesn’t, whether it tastes like a cannoli of course I have absolutely no idea…..someone send me a cannoli haha

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been eating cannolis for over 50 years. It's Very Important that the shell is fresh and has only been recently filled. Nobody should have a soggy cannoli!

I was at a party last weekend and someone brought a cannoli chips & dip tray from Mariano's ( http://www.marianos.com/product/search?q=cannoli ) Since one would dip the triangular tortilla shaped shells in the dip filling just prior to consumption, I thought this was a fine idea.

Most of the cannolis I've had contained no chocolate or chocolate chips. Since folks have been making cannolis at least a thousand years before chocolate was even known in Europe; you could safety say adding any chocolate is not necessarily a tradition or requirement. ;)

“Beddi cannuola di Carnivali, megghiu vuccuni a lu munnu un ci nn’è,”
(Beautiful Carnival Cannoli, there is no better morsel in the world)

“Cui nun ni mancia, si fazza ammazzari, Cui li disprezza è un gran cornuto affè.”
(Those who don’t eat them deserve to go to the hell, those who despise them are cuckolds.”)
-19th century Sicilian poem

Ron
----
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli”-Pete Clemenza (in The Godfather )

50 years wow, you HAVE to make it then as you really are Obi Wan Cannoli :) If you like it I think I would feel honoured :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
50 years wow, you HAVE to make it then as you really are Obi Wan Cannoli :) If you like it I think I would feel honoured :)

I don't have...
TPA Whipped Cream
TPA Bittersweet Chocolate
INW SHisha Vanilla
...otherwise I would.

Ron
---
"Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."- Ieyasu Tokugawa

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With modern technology and all it would be real sweet if we could pm each other samples of our mixes. It would be way faster and cheaper than the post.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, sparked my interest. No inw shisha vanilla. I wonder if fa vanilla classic would sub? Percentage suggestions?

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No idea, they are very different, shisha tastes dairy vanilla to me where as vanilla classic tastes very vanilla custard. I would use the same percentage if trying it or

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is my first multi-ingredient recipe I've tried. Just mixed it up today. I know, right, I couldn't pick an easier start? Trial by fire.

Anyway, finished 30ml 4 hours ago and damn sure smells like a cannoli (take that from a Brooklyn boy who grew up in an Italian neighborhood that was mostly Sicilian). I haven't vaped it yet, but I did taste a drop and hot damn, if it's not perfect, it's as close as I can imagine getting. Excellent recipe, can't wait to vape it. Thanks Willbo!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is my first multi-ingredient recipe I've tried. Just mixed it up today. I know, right, I couldn't pick an easier start? Trial by fire.

Anyway, finished 30ml 4 hours ago and damn sure smells like a cannoli (take that from a Brooklyn boy who grew up in an Italian neighborhood that was mostly Sicilian). I haven't vaped it yet, but I did taste a drop and hot damn, if it's not perfect, it's as close as I can imagine getting. Excellent recipe, can't wait to vape it. Thanks Willbo!

I grew up by the seaside in Kent Uk, so sadly I cant tell you if it tastes anything like a cannoli.....but I dont want to mix up the local food here which is Oysters haha. I do however really like this though and seeing diyordie website subsequently having a mixing competition that started with cannolis has got me trying to mix a couple more different ones as well. Hope you enjoy it as a vape and very much a bonus if a cannoli area inhabitant sees it tasting like one too, hope you enjoy it :)

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Aaargh! The patience required... Shake, Sniff... do I? No, wait. Shake, Sniff... do I? No, wait. This is somewhat maddening.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Couldn't wait any more. Steeped 12 days... the cookie/biscuit part is pretty spot on. The cinnamon and chocolate are perfect. The filling isn't quite there yet. Not that I'm complaining, far from it, this is a fantastic vape as is and I'm going to mix up 120ml this weekend, it's that good. I don't even know where to begin tweaking it to get the dry-ish ricotta taste. Maybe a tiny bit of a cheesecake, maybe replacing the custard? Dunno. I don't have any cheesecake, but I'm going to order some next order to try.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Couldn't wait any more. Steeped 12 days... the cookie/biscuit part is pretty spot on. The cinnamon and chocolate are perfect. The filling isn't quite there yet. Not that I'm complaining, far from it, this is a fantastic vape as is and I'm going to mix up 120ml this weekend, it's that good. I don't even know where to begin tweaking it to get the dry-ish ricotta taste. Maybe a tiny bit of a cheesecake, maybe replacing the custard? Dunno. I don't have any cheesecake, but I'm going to order some next order to try.

Excellent, very interesting to read being someone who knows his cannolis :) I am glad you liked it. I do love that pastry custarm/cream profile too which is funny you say that as I have bought cap ny cheesecake for the first time and all sorts of other cream/cusard/biscuit concentrates (some obscure to the Americans like solub arome) just to make a few more different cannoli efforts though not for authenticity reasons, still having no idea what one tastes like, just for loving the general flavour profile. Has also made me go a bit cheesecake mad to :) Interested to see what you come up with, May be worth you looking at the diyordie website for tweaking or other recipes to try as there was a mixing competition with cannoli recipes on there not long after I did this so a fair few to choose from.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After the wick's been through ~6ml so far and I'm starting to get a bit more of the creamy/custardy-ness of it. Going to let this steep through the next week before I even think about changing anything. I don't know if I can keep my hand's off though, so I may not have much of a tasting sample left. :D

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Trying this one out today, made per original recipe, minus the Chocolate cause I don't have that one.
Steeped 12 days and it's quite good.
Different than many other bakery types I've made but it just seems to "hit the spot".
Don't think I ever had a real Cannoli so I can't compare...

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Trying this one out today, made per original recipe, minus the Chocolate cause I don't have that one.
Steeped 12 days and it's quite good.
Different than many other bakery types I've made but it just seems to "hit the spot".
Don't think I ever had a real Cannoli so I can't compare...

Same boat on the real cannolis, and I agree, I wasnt actually mad on it at first, was a grower for me, usually i get bored on juices the further down the bottle, this one was the same thing in reverse, I find I just want to come back for a little more as for me as you put it perfectly it "hits the spot"

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have this on a natural steep since August 15th, minus the chocolate.

Probably giving it another week, but it is smelling interesting :)

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have this on a natural steep since August 15th, minus the chocolate.

Probably giving it another week, but it is smelling interesting :)

What is this, a patient steeper in the forum?? You are in a minority :)

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is this, a patient steeper in the forum?? You are in a minority :)

My secret there lies in never really having an ADV, the constant need to tinker around with recipes that already mostly work, and very rarely finding myself making something i deem throw away worthy (or that my Aromimizer supreme doesn't already chug down before coming to that full conclusion lol) .

Steeping gets a lot easier when you always have a deep count of 30ml bottles in backlog to go through. Made 8 new ones just over the last 2 days :)

VU Sponsors