Become a Patron!

Obi Wan Cannoli

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very much the same, I make all new recipes in 20ml bottles so enough to test and not too much to waste. I think I have about 20 new ones in the cupboard waiting

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, i cracked it open before bed last night. 40 watts on a dual .2 alien coil setup in my Aromimizer Supreme.

First impression i won't lie...it was "ehh, i still don't really care for Nonna Cake".

Took the bottle/tank to work today and spent the day vaping it though. Actually grew on me throughout the day, to the point i stopped focusing on the Nonna Cake as much as i was rather enjoying it's uniqueness as a whole. very different then my usual profiles in a good way, and both people i let try it enjoyed it. Not sure it nails down the 'cannoli" note, but you definitely have a italian gourmet treat vibe going on with it. Certainly worth a try, especially if one does like Nonna Cake to begin with.

I liked it enough that I'll probably make it again subbing out the Nonna Cake for something else (probably Flavorah's Cupcake batter since I'm using that in everything lately, but i'm sure i'll give my stash a choices look through), and maybe upping the Torrone a touch to make up for what i end up missing there.

Last edited:

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, i cracked it open before bed last night. 40 watts on a dual .2 alien coil setup in my Aromimizer Supreme.

First impression i won't lie...it was "ehh, i still don't really care for Nonna Cake".

Took the bottle/tank to work today and spent the day vaping it though. Actually grew on me throughout the day, to the point i stopped focusing on the Nonna Cake as much as i was rather enjoying it's uniqueness as a whole. very different then my usual profiles in a good way, and both people i let try it enjoyed it. Not sure it nails down the 'cannoli" note, but you definitely have a italian gourmet treat vibe going on with it. Certainly worth a try, especially if one does like Nonna Cake to begin with.

I liked it enough that I'll probably make it again subbing out the Nonna Cake for something else (probably Flavorah's Cupcake batter since I'm using that in everything lately, but i'm sure i'll give my stash a choices look through), and maybe upping the Torrone a touch to make up for what i end up missing there.

Excellent review thanks, Grower for me as well I thought "eh?" first try. Its far more Nonna than I use in anything else tho weirdly I dont really notice it so much.I cant comment on its cannoliness but I have made a few more supposed cannoli recipes since and this is by far the nicest of mine. On a side note, anyone from the UK interested in Solub Arome concentrates DONT get creme anglaise it tastes like soggy cheesy flour! The vanilla custard nougatine seems interesting though.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Definitely getting more custardy/eclair flavor under the pastry shell. I subbed out the Custard for NY Cheesecake V2 CAP yesterday. Needs steeping, but initial impression seems to be a bit closer to a real cannoli.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Definitely getting more custardy/eclair flavor under the pastry shell. I subbed out the Custard for NY Cheesecake V2 CAP yesterday. Needs steeping, but initial impression seems to be a bit closer to a real cannoli.

Been trying a few totally different mixes myself, most with ny cheesecake, none have been that good.....but thats due probably to the solub arome creme anglais in most of them.....which is not very nice. A couple of people earlier in the thread mentioned waffle with the shell. I have added LB Belgium Waffle to some mixes and that has worked pretty well adding to the pastry.

VU Sponsors