Become a Patron!

OBS Draco Starter Kit 3000mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the OBS Draco Starter Kit 3000mAh from OBS. The OBS Draco Starter Kit 3000mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-Draco-Kit.html

Introduction

The OBS Draco Kit is a powerful vape pen set-up giving up to 80W of power. Very simply in design, it has a classy look and is TPD compliant coming pre-installed with a 2ml capacity straight glass. The Draco has an in-built 3000mAh battery and the sub-ohm tank comes pre-installed with a mesh coil to as i have become to realise guarantee good flavour.

In the Box

Contents:

1x OBS Draco MOD(with built-in battery)
1x OBS Draco Tank (2ml)
1x M1 Mesh Coil(pre-installed)
1x Draco Coil
1x Extra glass tube(3.5ml)
1x USB Cable
1x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Draco Kit comes in cardboard box packaging with each item in the kit having it's own compartment. I received the Black version and although i have only listed in the Specs Stainless Steel as the only other available colour looking at the back of the box it looks like there will be more colours to follow which are, Blue, Gold, Yellow, Red, White and Cyan. The Mod and tank have quite a simplistic look which looks quite classy with what few features there are being aesthetically pleasing. The front of the device has a nice shaped fire button with translucent surround, towards the bottom of the front we have the printed italic Draco kit logo printed. The back houses the micro USB port towards the top and the base has "OBS" printed and venting around the perimeter. The top of the device is smooth with a Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The Tank has a 810 delrin removable drip tip, the top-cap has diagonal metallic grooves, there is also metallic grooved design on the base. The tank has generous sized dual cyclops airflow slots with stopper and thick light blue o-rings securing the glass in place. The device is a pocket friendly size (Both device and tank are quite short) with the usual ergonomic feel you would expect from a tubular device.

Draco Specs and Features:

OBS Draco MOD
Size: 24 x 87mm
Max wattage: 80W
Battery: built-in 3000mAh
Material: 304 stainless steel
Thread: 510

OBS Draco Tank
Size: 24 x 43.2mm
Capacity: 2ml/3.5ml
Coil: M1 0.2ohm mesh coil (30-80W, best at 35-70W)
Draco 0.3ohm quadruple coil(30-80W, best at 35-70W)
Thread: 510

Colours: Black, Stainless Steel

The Tank

The Draco Tank is a 2ml capacity tank but you also recieve a 3.5ml bulge glass, it has a top-fill method which is the standard unscrew the top-cap to reveal 2 generous fill ports. The top-cap fits into place by lining up with 2 notches then just a quarter of a turn fastens it securely. The airflow control ring moves with nice resistance and the already described metallic design on both the base and top-cap also helps with gripping. The coils screw straight into the base, included is the pre-installed mesh 0.2ohm coil which is rated at between 30w and 80w and best between 35w and 70w. The other included coil is a dual 0.3ohm coil with exactly the same ratings. The Gold plated 510 pin protrudes nicely and is non adjustable.

The Draco Mod

The Draco Mod is a direct output device so you can't regulate your wattage it simply gives the current voltage of the battery to the atomizer. This makes the device very simple to use as once on you simply press the fire button and vape.
The device is the standard 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and when first turned on the translucent surround flashes Green then Blue and finally Red. When vaping and the battery is above 3.8v the surround lights green, when between 3.5v and 3.8v the surround lights blue and when the volts drop below 3.5 the surround lights red. Despite the Draco being a direct output device it has various safety features which are, overcharge protection, low voltage protection, short circuit protection, over vape protection, over temperature protection, stable voltage protection and a top wattage cap of 80w.

Using the Draco Kit

The Draco had the expected drop off but the vape was still nice and strong right up to when the device needed recharging. I used the tank with the Mesh coil and did intend to also use the dual standard coil but i enjoyed the mesh coil so much and the flavour just didn't decrease at all. The 3000mAh battery will last a moderate vaper the best part of a day and can be used independently with other tanks. Likewise the Draco tank can be used independently and i do recommend the supplied mesh coil, it has flavour to spare (very impressed). The tank has plenty of airflow and i found myself with the airflow halfway for a more restrictive vape.

Pros

Stylish
Pocket friendly
Very nice tank
3000mAh battery
80w power
Safety features
Good battery status indication
Mesh coil excellent flavour
Spare 3.5ml bulge glass
Both Mod and Tank can be used independently
Simple to use

Cons

Can't regulate wattage
No temp control
Drop off (nature of being direct output device)

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the OBS Draco Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-Draco-Kit.html

VU Sponsors