Become a Patron!

OFRF Nexmini Pod System

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The OFRF Nexmini is a compact 800mAh pod system aimed at the MTL segment of the market.

DSC_0084.jpg

What do you get?

Nexmini Pod system, 1 x M22 0.6ohm mesh coil, 1 x M21 0.6ohm parallel coil, type-C usb cable

DSC_0135.jpg

First Impressions

Compared to the pod-mod systems that are all the rage right now, this thing is small, while it isn't particularly heavy, it does feel and look quite nice, with an aluminum body and good coloring.

You're certainly not going to forget who makes it, as every single available surface has branding on it, the branding is done reasonably tastefully, but there is too much of it for my liking.

The 2.5ml pod is attached with four small magnets, the fill-port has a rubber bung and is lightly tinted, although it is still light enough so that you can see the juice levels. You do have to remove the actual pod to refill it.

There is small airflow holes on each side of the device, small enough to confirm that this really is an MTL device.

All in all, the coils are decent, but I'd have liked to have seen a little more variety, a 1.0 or 1.2ohm coil might have been good as this is an MTL device.

DSC_0143.jpg

Coils and Flavor

The Nexmini comes with two coils, both are 0.6ohms – the M22 A1 mesh 13-20w and the M32 A1 parallel 15-25w.

Both coils have an airflow adjustment ring on the bottom, which offers a decent amount of versatility within MTL range.

I did find both coils to perform quite similarly, they both offer decent flavor for a pod system throughout their power range, however I didn't feel any need to push them particularly hard as the flavor and throat hit was there at lower power.

The M22 mesh coils was slightly better when it came to fruit flavors, while the M21 parallel did well with tobacco and pastries.

Coil life is decent, I didn't push the coils too hard and neither did I use overly sweet juice, so your mileage may vary.

DSC_0129.jpg

Using the device

As expected, it's a very simple chipset with three clicks to lock the device, five to power off/on and power up and down, I'd have rather seem a power lock than a device lock.

The battery lasts pretty well, it took me two days to get down to 30% charge, but I was using other devices throughout the day, so I guess it would easily last a day of vaping without needing a charge.

As well as being economical with the battery, it's also pretty good with juice – I didn't find myself having to fill it very often.

Pros

• Decent MTL flavor and throat hit.
  • Good airflow adjustment on the coil.
  • Good battery life.
  • Economical with juice.
  • Good build and looks.

Cons

• Not enough coil variety.
  • Too much branding.

Conclusion

Obviously, this isn't as good as a dedicated MTL rebuildable atomizer, but as far as pod devices go I like this one a lot. It does everything that I need from a pod system.

Disclaimer

The Nexmini Pod System was sent to me for the purposes of this review by Wotofo

The product I received was not marked as a sample, so this should be exactly what customers receive.

VU Sponsors