Become a Patron!

Ohms reading crazy low

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Okay so some background on what’s going on. I’m building on a boro bridge and it’s firing and reading fine at 0.4 on the ohm meter with the chimney on, which is obviously using a 510 connector.

Now when I put the atomizer in the device it is reading dangerously low at 0.07, and no that’s not a typo, 0.07!!!

I obviously did not fire it as I know that will make the battery go boom 💥 Went back and forth from the meter to the mod several times and same thing.

Any ideas on what’s going on here?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@dubya314 , @inswva , @inganeer

Tagging buds what probably can help better. I don't fiddle with billet boxes. To me though it sounds like a really bad regulated chip error. May or may not be. Sorry to only speculate.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Well I tried a different atomizer in it and the chipset read the correct ohms just fine

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If this happened to me, I'd start with the most obvious things, like there's a short somewhere or a loose leg, loose piece of metal on the deck somewhere, coil touching sides or top of coil housing. I would tear the whole thing down, clean everything, and start over.

Is this your first build on this bridge?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also, I don't know about billet boxes specifically, but I do know that some regulated devices will read coils strangely if the previous coil reading is not cleared. Have you tried taking the boro out of the bb, fire the bb so that it registers "no atomizer", then put the boro back in?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you using an integrated tip, or the BB nut on top to finish the connection? This is the first place I would check. Some need to be pretty snug to fully make the connection. Also, the threads on top and either the tip or nut need to be super clean. The battery will not go boom @ .07 on a billet box. It will simply say atomizer low and not fire. If you try to fire it and your ohms jump around, it's your connection on top, or not tight enough making your connection on the bottom

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
If this happened to me, I'd start with the most obvious things, like there's a short somewhere or a loose leg, loose piece of metal on the deck somewhere, coil touching sides or top of coil housing. I would tear the whole thing down, clean everything, and start over.

Is this your first build on this bridge?
Well nadalama takes the win 🏆

I tried fiddling with it by messing around with the negative contact, taking it in and out, cleaning it etc., resetting the device for a new atomizer and no dice 🎲

I tore out the build and disassembled the entire bridge and cleaned it and voila. It was a new bridge and I usually always clean new equipment but this time I didn’t. Maybe there was some metal from machining or some gunk or possibly it was just a poor build, either way it’s solved now.

Thank you all so much for always being so nice and helpful and not calling me stupid, cause I was getting really frustrated and that’s when dangerous mistakes can happen without the guidance of experience.

VU Sponsors