Become a Patron!

ohms too high problem

Hello everyone I'm very new with vaping and I bought a smok species and everything has been working fine. I wanted to try out the temperature control on it so I got a herakles plus tank with Ni200 coils but when I put it on the mod it says "ohms too high" I'm not sure what the issue is. It works fine with the baby v tank it came with. Can someone provide some feed back? What am I missing?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the ohms reading? Is it reading on the mod what or very close to what the cols says it's resistance is?
perhaps the coil is not making a good connection?

btw Welcome to VU.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! The reading is just showing 0.000
It is shorted then. Unless that mod reads 0000 with no atty on it. Some might most read all 9's if open.
The grommet in the bottom of the coil is probably pinched shorting out the coil. Or maybe that coil makes the 510 pin longer causing a problem/short in the mod?

It is shorted then. Unless that mod reads 0000 with no atty on it. Some might most read all 9's if open.
The grommet in the bottom of the coil is probably pinched shorting out the coil. Or maybe that coil makes the 510 pin longer causing a problem/short in the mod?

Ok so I played around with it and it's just being weird. So now its showing 1.33 ohms but everytime i take off the tank and put it on it asks me if it's a new coil but is using a different ohms number it's gone has high is over 2.0 and as low as 0.4

VU Sponsors