Become a Patron!

One last order... "drop-in" coils

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I made one last order of all "drop-in" coils (Innokin Z coils... 0.8 and 0.3 ohm) and some Vaporesso 0.15 ohm GT cores (mesh... I love these and run them at 45 watts even though they are rated 50 watts and above) Anyway, ordered from Direct Vapor. My last order was from them and now they use "X" shipping... slow as heck but reliable (just wanted to tell others if they are concerned)
Anyway, after this... it's all about rebuildables (RTAs, RDAs and RBAs) I will be doing those too just needed some "drop-in" coils as backup (like when my RTA leaks) Merry Xmas everyone (we already did ours early... Sunday was the only day the relatives could come) I am in no way stocked up (like others)... low on nic, only got a few packs of coils, low on DIY flavors, ect. It's OK... I will survive!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have so many boxes of factory coils. I'd buy them on clearance or whatever but I've amassed quite a bit. I don't use many though. I've been mainly using RDAs this year. I use a Uwell Nunchaku tank daily and set up another for higher wattage every so often.

I did the same thing with mesh. I have tons of different mesh rolls and strips. I started making my own mesh styled or mesh-like coils (SFC) recently. I don't know if I'll ever use any of that stuff again lol. The coils I make from scratch are just awesome. I'm not just saying that either, it's just a better vape all around and so flavorful.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Just Frank , even though I got these coils (and have been doing RTAs for awhile) I really want to get into "dripping" (RDAs) At first, I was into MTL but have moved on to restricted DL and even full blown DL... I'm ready to drip. I have several RDAs. Actually... that will be my new year's resolution!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, the main reason I posted this was to give a thumbs up to Direct Vapor. They are one the vendors trying out the "other" shipping options. My last order was slow but they came through just fine. I want to support them (have made many orders before with them) You have to order $65 to get free shipping (but now that the shipping costs more, it's really the best way to go) If you are a new customer, I think you also get 15% off.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well... it's been over a week and my order hasn't even shipped out. I know it's the holidays so no surprise. Good thing I don't need the coils soon. I do understand the new shipping ("X") taking longer, but at least expected my order to ship out within a week... will update when it does (or make a post saying I might not ever buy from Direct Vapor again)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I quoted this from DV shipping info...
"Shipments not sent via USPS are managed by One Live Parcel X or 5-Strings Solutions"
I know my last order used X... this order is using 5-Strings. I also called the provided phone number for 5-Strings... no answer (although it did sound like a busy signal) I am not a "happy camper" I don't even know how to cancel my order.
Has anyone else ordered from Direct Vapor recently? They seem to have no contact info (phone number or e-mail)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK... good news. After doing a search (google), I found the phone number and e-mail of Direct Vapor (unless I am missing something, it's not on the website... I will list these at the end of my post to help other people) I called the phone number... they did a "call back"... less than 10 minutes (nice) They guy was very helpful... seemed to go out of his way to make sure my order had shipped out (thank you John) He confirmed that my order was "out the door"... of the warehouse, end even tracked down someone to confirm where it was at (once again... thank you John) Yes, it did ship out and is on it's way to the "hub" (Nevada... which is nice, I'm in CA) Different carrier than my last order. Anyway... all is well and I don't care how long it takes to get here (just wanted to know it had a least left the warehouse) It's just some extra coils (because I'm getting low on those) I was so close to "pulling the plug" on this order (wondering if I should have just ordered from China... Sourcemore) Soo... if this helps anyone, here's the contact info:
(844) 908-2767 (best to just have them do a call back)
[email protected] (didn't try that but good to know)
I will actually continue to be a customer of them.
I can't get into details, but the guy did confide in me that between the holidays and COVID they are desperately trying to make things work (hey... it's been a long 2 years) All is forgiven.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So... it been 18 days and so called "tracking" shows that my order (that was shipped out Dec 23) still hasn't arrived at the "hub" (from Florida to Nevada) At this point, I'm going to wait a couple days and most likely ask for a refund (officially will never order from DV again) It's so ironic, I originally posted this to assure people that even though the shipping is slow, I was happy with my last order that was shipped using "X". I wish I had just ordered from China (Sourcemore... cheaper and no adult signature required) I will get a refund but have to eat the $6 signature fee (argh!) This sucks! Honestly I wish I had just ordered some RTAs and/or RDAs... "drop-in" coils suck (especially now) All is NOT forgiven. Who knows... maybe tomorrow the delivery guy rings my doorbell (still won't order from DV again)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yesterday was 21 business days... asked for a refund this morning. Will not order from DV again!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So (it's now Monday) I was out back doing the blower and my coils came (even though I requested a refund last Friday) My mother told the guy "I'll go get him"... he said "you can sign for it" (she is 82) I now have my coils but have to figure out how to deal with this. Refund has not gone through, I have no money in the bank (this could really mess up my account) so I am going to do nothing for now (let DV figure this out) I will still not order from them again. BTW, the package said the carrier was "Angel"??? It's not my style, but if DV doesn't figure this out, I may end up with free coils LOL (after the refund goes through, I will call them)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got my refund and decided to do the right thing (since I kept the coils) Called DV and explained... and payed for the order.

Feels better to be honest, doesn't it? Good on you. :hug:

VU Sponsors