Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried the opus DNa200 if so what are your thoughts

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Opus looks pretty nice, but out of stock everywhere. Hana Modz has a new dna200 mod out now. $199

Thorplay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought two on the 7th. Today, the 9th, their both unable to fire over 10 watts. Ran the software diagnostics and restored settings with no help. Evolv says contact Opus and I'm waiting on them at this point.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

Thorplay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I did read that thread. It seems to be the most similar issue, but my two do still fire, just not above 10 watts. Possibly a shortage issue, I don't know. It's the weekend and Sunday at that, so I can't expect quick replies from Opus. On the up side the threads lead to positive attitude towards it being fixed rather than junked. Fingers crossed!

Ooh, original Kanger Subtank with OCC coils and Subtank Nano using same. I wanted to get accustomed to the mod before building my own. I previously used the Smok Pro M80 Plus and the Opus was superior before having issues.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried setting up a profile and switching to it and retry. Evolv typically requests a retest after a hard reboot from EScribe also. If using Kanthal based heads also make sure to try disabling the temp option under the profile. Mine was a little wonky until I disabled that in my profile for that specific atty. I'm not using an Opus but the DNA is the same pretty much across mods. Hope you get it squared soon. Fingers crossed I haven't had any issues with my custom mod so far.

Thorplay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried a soft reboot, want sure what a hard reboot would do. The profiles have been difficult for me. I will attempt to utilize one but after I connect a different tank and select new tank the current profile gets wiped out. Once after selecting new tank I actually found myself with a locked resistance in the profile. Growing up I was never good with Nintendo controller codes and navigating the 200 feels like fighting Mike Tyson in Knock Out, lol.

I have not tried Kanthal on either one yet. Would be great to find out it's user error by just a bad setting.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe try posting to that thread. Never know, might be something simple you're over looking. Brandon from evolv is taking a special interest in the Opus since Roger (opus) used to work for him, they live in the same town, close friends, and Brandon financed him to start the mod business.

Don't feel alone though. Looks like Hana is having problems too, like poor soldering and ribbon cables being damaged by the fire button.

Over all from what I'm reading, it's not the malfunction of the dna200 chipset, rather assembly problems by the modder's, cramming all the components into a tiny box

Last edited:

Thorplay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got great news for all you offering advice with my Opus 200 experience. The devices, both of them, are perfectly fine. There was a learning curve I did not understand. Brandon from Evolv personally called me and walked me through my issues. I can not say enough great things about how friendly and knowledgeable this gentleman was! The main issue I was having was low power output using the Kanger Subtank (original). The pin in the bottom is spring loaded and was giving the temp control false readings leading to my low wattage and weak vapes. The curtsy and professionalism given to me from both Opus and Evolv were suburb and top notch. Not once was I made to feel foolish, called out...nothing but friendliness. Hope this helps others.

VU Sponsors