Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Orange Pound Cake

Buttery and creamy pound cake with a delicate, but not bashful, orange flavor. No super-tangy citrus here - this is a sweet cake that would be great with coffee in the morning.

Cake Batter Dip (FW) 1%
Orange (FE) 2.5%
Orange Marmalade (VTA) 2%
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 2%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Shortbread (INAWERA) 2%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.75%
Sweet Coconut (Flavorah) 1.5%
Yellow Cake (FW) 2%

Total flavors 14.75%

The cake is formed by layering cake batter dip for moisture and sweetness, shortbread for buttery-ness and heft, and pound cake, as odd as it may sound, to lighten things up a little when combined with yellow cake. While pound cake in real life is far from light, Flv Pound Cake is a fairly light flavor, which explains the need for the other components.

All of these bits are then accented with powdered sugar to bring out a flavor of golden crust. If you haven't tried powdered sugar in yellow or white cake mixes, you really should. It takes about a week, but then, you'll taste the difference.

That cake is then flavored with layered oranges, both fairly soft, with just a hint of coconut. I do notice that the orange marmalade, as it steeps, is bringing just the slightest taste of orange peel into the mix, which is as it should be with a marmalade flavor, just enough to keep things interesting.

Good after 4 days, better after a week.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm short 2 flavors , but man that looks nice.
ya am short 2 as well
cake batter dip FW
and
orange marmalade VTA

could cross the cake batter
yet no orange marmalade to speak of and
can not think of a thing to cross it with.
and it kills me cuz i looked 10 times over at that marmalade

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ya am short 2 as well
cake batter dip FW
and
orange marmalade VTA

could cross the cake batter
yet no orange marmalade to speak of and
can not think of a thing to cross it with.
and it kills me cuz i looked 10 times over at that marmalade
I've got 4 orange flavors (I've been working on an orange cupcake), but not the VTA.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm afraid I don't know of a good sub for the marmalade. If I HAD to make this without it, I'd go 3% on the FE Orange, 1% of FA Citrus Mix, and 0.5% of TFA Sweet and Tart.

Cake Batter Dip, well, how about 0.5% Cap Cake Batter, two or three drops of TFA Tutti Frutti or Rainbow Drops in 30ml, and an extra 0.25% of Inw Shortbread? Also maybe an extra drop or two (not more than this) of Super Sweet?

VU Sponsors