Become a Patron!

Over dramatic Mother

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, basically, your situation isn't really all too dissimilar from my own. I can repeat myself again, but you'll still insist I don't know how hard it is to do, so why bother.

Bottom line is we don't need to know the specifics, and I'll go back to my first statement. Live by the rules of the house or move out.

You keep saying it's not possible. But, after my divorce (I left with, literally, nothing, I just wanted out) I had nothing left. And yet, I was able to scrape together first, last, and security within a few months. Yeah, my furniture, if you can call it that, was horrible, and I basically had one pot, one pan, one plate, you get the idea. But if it's that bad, you do what you have to do to get where you need to be and you certainly don't keep making excuses for why you're in a situation you don't want to be in. Because, ultimately, if you're still in it, it's because you choose to be in it, which means it IS where you want to be because you don't want to deal with the repercussions of the alternatives.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, basically, your situation isn't really all too dissimilar from my own. I can repeat myself again, but you'll still insist I don't know how hard it is to do, so why bother.

Bottom line is we don't need to know the specifics, and I'll go back to my first statement. Live by the rules of the house or move out.

You keep saying it's not possible. But, after my divorce (I left with, literally, nothing, I just wanted out) I had nothing left. And yet, I was able to scrape together first, last, and security within a few months. Yeah, my furniture, if you can call it that, was horrible, and I basically had one pot, one pan, one plate, you get the idea. But if it's that bad, you do what you have to do to get where you need to be and you certainly don't keep making excuses for why you're in a situation you don't want to be in. Because, ultimately, if you're still in it, it's because you choose to be in it, which means it IS where you want to be because you don't want to deal with the repercussions of the alternatives.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Andria

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
More like getting fucked over from every angle. My car had 220k miles on it and the transmission went out. I didn't have the money to fix it or any other transportation to work so I bought an older Honda civic from a dealership, turned out it had a blown head gasket and the motor blew in 2 weeks. Sold it for $200 and bought an ex police car and saved up until I had enough to invest in a good work truck for my business. I owned the truck for a month and the transmission went out along with overheating issues, electric issues, etc. After putting the required $5000 down on the truck I did not have $5000 to fix it. My parents insisted that I keep making payments on it and keep the insurance and sue the dealership so I did not mess up my credit(which was nonexistent anyways) if not I would have to find a new place to live, which with no transportation isn't possible. So now I have a $22000 truck sitting in the driveway not making me any money. I finally managed to scrape and save up enough to get my other car fixed and I paid a mechanic shop $2000 to fix it and they did nothing but make it worse. So I had to take it somewhere else and spend another $2500 to get it fixed properly. One month after I got it back I got rear-ended on the highway and it was totaled. I used the insurance money to get myself a reliable car and save some. I am not allowed to stop paying for the truck because there is a lawsuit on it, I have to keep insurance on it and I purchased my car under my dad's name when I was 16, and he won't transfer the title to me so I can sell it but I still have to pay for insurance on it so I can drive it until my new car is registered and insured. So yes I am responsible for 3 cars. Also I have been mowing lawns since I was 12, worked at a warehouse in high school until my parents made me quit to focus on school. I have had to pay my own way since I turned 16 so I'm not a "snowflake" I work hard for everything I have just like the rest of you. I'm not really sure how we got off on this topic but there ya have it.
at this point, not buying it.
Too many contradictions and too many disparities.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
More like getting fucked over from every angle. My car had 220k miles on it and the transmission went out. I didn't have the money to fix it or any other transportation to work so I bought an older Honda civic from a dealership, turned out it had a blown head gasket and the motor blew in 2 weeks. Sold it for $200 and bought an ex police car and saved up until I had enough to invest in a good work truck for my business. I owned the truck for a month and the transmission went out along with overheating issues, electric issues, etc. After putting the required $5000 down on the truck I did not have $5000 to fix it. My parents insisted that I keep making payments on it and keep the insurance and sue the dealership so I did not mess up my credit(which was nonexistent anyways) if not I would have to find a new place to live, which with no transportation isn't possible. So now I have a $22000 truck sitting in the driveway not making me any money. I finally managed to scrape and save up enough to get my other car fixed and I paid a mechanic shop $2000 to fix it and they did nothing but make it worse. So I had to take it somewhere else and spend another $2500 to get it fixed properly. One month after I got it back I got rear-ended on the highway and it was totaled. I used the insurance money to get myself a reliable car and save some. I am not allowed to stop paying for the truck because there is a lawsuit on it, I have to keep insurance on it and I purchased my car under my dad's name when I was 16, and he won't transfer the title to me so I can sell it but I still have to pay for insurance on it so I can drive it until my new car is registered and insured. So yes I am responsible for 3 cars. Also I have been mowing lawns since I was 12, worked at a warehouse in high school until my parents made me quit to focus on school. I have had to pay my own way since I turned 16 so I'm not a "snowflake" I work hard for everything I have just like the rest of you. I'm not really sure how we got off on this topic but there ya have it.

So, If I take what you say at face value...
Your first car is toast, sitting in your parents drive, in your parents name. I'd stop paying insurance if the title isn't in my name.
You then buy another car.
You then buy a truck.
You then fix your other car twice.

You've spent 10 grand at that point, besides whatever a lawyer is charging you to sue the dealer....

How is it you can come up with all that money, yet don't have the money to get your own place?

Have you learned anything at this point? Seriously... Have you?

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
So, If I take what you say at face value...
Your first car is toast, sitting in your parents drive, in your parents name. I'd stop paying insurance if the title isn't in my name.
You then buy another car.
You then buy a truck.
You then fix your other car twice.

You've spent 10 grand at that point, besides whatever a lawyer is charging you to sue the dealer....

How is it you can come up with all that money, yet don't have the money to get your own place?

Have you learned anything at this point? Seriously... Have you?
This is one of those disparities.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is one of those disparities.

Yeah, pretty much. $1k rent works out to $3k for the initial first/last/security. Now get a roommate or three and you're down to $750-1500. It's really not that hard financially or physically. Emotionally and mentally may be another story. But those seriously afflicted by truly messed up situations generally have no issues with getting away from those situations.

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
blah blah blah blah....If you were my kid living in my house and your Momma told you to quit vaping in the house and you didnt....

You'd come home the next day and find all of your stuff in the right of way and your key would no longer fit the doors.

Momma's house Momma's rules. Make the Mortgage payment for her , do what your told or move out.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You seem to be missing the point of the question so I will try to help clarify for you. I am looking for input about her claims of her ashmta getting worse and her lungs tightening up from vapor. I am all for going outside since I am rarely home anyways, I'm just trying to figure out if the vapor is really what's causing her issues or if she is just blaming it on that because she doesn't know enough about it. I think something else is going on with her and I am concerned because I haven't found anyone that has issues with asthma and vaping or anything about their lungs tightening up. There has been times where she's sent me text messages telling me to stop vaping and complaining about her asthma when I am not even home and haven't been all day.

Her claims may be very valid... In exactly the same way some flowers, perfumes and odors do with other asthma sufferers.

But it doesn't matter... She is your mother. You do as she wishes in her house. EVEN if you are the one paying the bills and your name is on the DEED. Even if she is 100% wrong. Vape outside. If the sight of you vaping bothers her. Vape where she can't see.

Get the point.... She is right.... You even if correct are WRONG.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You're 19 years old! With all of the stuff you've spent money on, that tells me you want the easy life, living at home with Mom. Are you the only one that lives wit her? Is your "excuse" for living there is that you need to take care of your mother? If that's the case, you best get your ass outside like you were smoking a real cigarette. In addition to all of the money 'you' have spent on cars and legal fees, who really paid for that? You can afford your vaping equipment rather than save it? Do you know what RESPECT is?

I don't now if you are the youngest sibling in your family or how old your mother is. Either way, her house, her rules - no matter HOW old you are. I'm old enough to know that if something happened to me and I had to go live my with my parents again, I would have NO hesitation in abiding by their rules. My boys are in their 30's. If they had to come live with me, you bet your ass they'd abide by my rules.

You say you are an adult. Then act like one you sucking leach.

VU Sponsors