Become a Patron!

OXVA SQ Pro (CRC) Review By Ben28

OXVA SQ Pro CRC
Intro.jpg
OXVA recently released new products, exactly the SQ Pro. But this version (CRC) comes with a new cartridge, the so-called V3, which implements top filling, which I much prefer compared to the side filling that we usually find. This device has all the features of the previous one, which was not a CRC version, that is, 1200mAh battery, different themes in the UI, compatible with freebase and nicsalts liquids, among other features.

I would like to thank Lina from OXVA for sending me these products for review. You can visit their page and specifically the announcement of the OXVA SQ Pro CRC, I will attach links.

Disclaimer;
Nobody nor any brand is paying me to do this review, all you will see are my most sincere opinions, both the positive and the negative.

Combo.jpg

Features:
  • 1. 30W max output power
  • 2. 0.96 inch TFT color screen
  • 3. Optional dynamic themes
  • 4. 1200mAh built-in battery
  • 5. Compatible with XLIM series cartridges
  • 6. Highly leak-resistant
  • 7. Smart & Power mode
BrandOXVA
Product NameXlim SQ Pro Kit
Output Power5-30W
Cartridge Capacity2ml
Resistance Range0.4-1.2ohm
Compatible PodsXLIM Top Fill Cartridge(0.4Ω/0.6Ω/0.8Ω/1.2Ω)
XLIM V2 Cartridge(0.6Ω/0.8Ω/1.2Ω)
XLIM V3 Cartridge (0.6Ω/0.8Ω/1.2Ω)
XLIM Prefilled Cartridge
Refill SystemTop refill
Airflow ControlSide AFC
Display Screen0.96 inch TFT color screen
Battery1200mAh
Charging5V/2A, Type-C
MaterialZinc Alloy+IML+PCTG
Size54.4*20.4*77.0mm
ColorBronze Wood, Gunmetal Wood, Black Carbon, Gold Carbon, Gentle Blue, Mauve White, Pastel Pink, Spring White

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240228232138.jpg

The product comes in a red rectangular box with a small window so you can see the product without opening the box. At the top we see the OXVA brand in silver and on the left the model name, XLIM SQ Pro CRC. Little else can be said about this front, the red color and silver letters simply predominate.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232146.jpg

On one of the sides, which is unusual, the contents of the box are shown in both English and French. The predominant color red is still maintained but the letters are white.

In the box;
1* XLIM SQ Pro Device
1* 0.8Ω XLIM CRC Cartridge (2mL)
1* Type-C Cable
1* Lanyard
1* User Manual

Something I'm missing here is another type of pod, why only one? It is better to give the customer two so that he can try and decide better which one to buy next time.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232200.jpg

On the back we find some more branding and the color of the product is specified, in this case Gunmetal Wood. Also, at large, we can see a warning about nicotine and vaping.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232228.jpg

When we open the box we find a pad where the product will be resting in a custom-made hole and on the other hand a rectangular cardboard box in which we will find the manual, the cable and the lanyard.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232251.jpg

If we take things out of the box and organize everything, we are left with this. On the one hand the device, on the other hand the lanyard and the charging cable.

Device Inspection

ReLens_IMG_20240228232306.jpg

As we can see in the image, the SQ in the product name refers to square, that is, the device has a square shape with rounded edges and corners. On the front we find an unevenness, this is due to the space that the battery needs and probably also to some aesthetics. We find the cartridge in the upper right part while the area where the lanyard is attached is on the left side.

The screen is located at the bottom right, it has an oval shape and will show us quite important information. In addition, the UI has different themes and we can choose to suit each one.

At the bottom left we find some more branding.

I should point out that this color is named Gunmetal Wood, but I honestly don't think that the ``wood'' area is wood as such. It looks like a kind of plastic with a vinyl/coating. Even so, it looks pretty good.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232314.jpg

This is the screen in question with one of the themes already chosen. In all themes we will be shown the following information:

- Wattage, quite large position compared to the other information.
- The vaping mode, which will show SMART or POWER as we choose.
- In the circle on the left the Ω of the coil (not interchangeable by the way). This circle will be interspersed with a puff seconds counter.
- In the circle on the right we find a puff counter.
- In the area below we find the battery indicator.

As I have been checking, the layout of this information is the same in the 3 UI themes that we are given to choose from.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232329.jpg

On one of the sides we find the adjustable air inlet. This will be regulated by raising or lowering the tab, which will cause air to enter or stop entering. The entrance is made up of 3 levels/holes. When it is closed to the maximum we will not even be able to take a puff because of how restricted it is. In this way, by playing a little with the input, we can achieve from an MTL vape to an RDL one.

As for the hardness of this regulation, it is quite good, but I have occasionally moved it accidentally while using it, so I would give it a little more hardness.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232339.jpg

On the other side we will find a button and the Type-C charging port. This button will be used to access the options menu in addition to using the device. Well, we can use it either by automatic puff or by button. The button is silver in color and doesn't click much as such, it has a pretty good feel. The only bad thing is that it wobbles a little from side to side.

As for the functions, they are the following:

- 2 Clicks to enter the menu. From the menu we can change between SMART and POWER mode, between the three themes to choose from and also reset the puff counter.
- 3 Clicks to enter the wattage adjustment mode, it will allow us to adjust the wattage in 1W increments until reaching 30W or the maximum recommended coil, then it will reset to 5W.
- 5 Clicks to turn the device on or off.

Regarding vaping modes;

- SMART, will allow us to adjust the wattage based on the recommended coil.
- POWER, it will allow us to adjust the wattage between 5-30W

ReLens_IMG_20240228232354.jpg

This is the POD-Battery connection area, it is done using magnets, as always. The cartridge remains somewhat flat if we touch it, that is, it wobbles from side to side. It's not a problem as such but I don't like that happening at all. I like strong magnets that keep the cartridge securely in place.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232421.jpg

Filling is done from the top. We will only have to remove the drip tip as if we were splitting the cartridge in two and fill through any of the two holes on the sides, NEVER through the center. Filling is achieved through a system of springs that, when pressed with our can, open the entrance to the liquid.

The drip tip is one of the most comfortable I have found. It fits perfectly on the lips and gives a very comfortable sensation.

As such the cartridge is tinted, but you can perfectly see the amount of liquid remaining.

Vaping Time

The device only comes with one cartridge but OXVA provided me with another device that came with the 0.6Ω one so I will give my conclusions about both.

The 0.6Ω cartridge is a little more macabre, don't expect discreet vaping with this one, as the amount of vapor is quite considerable, even more than I expected. In terms of flavor, they are quite good, I have no complaints with them. They also serve both freebase and nicsalts, but be careful with the wattage in the latter.

As for the 0.8Ω one, this one is somewhat more discreet, since the amount of vapor is greatly reduced but the flavor is maintained very well. I recommend closing the air inlet somewhat with this, but of course, it depends on taste.

In hand it is quite comfortable to be honest, it is a perfect size but something is missing for me and that is the position of the button. If you use it with your left hand, you can only use it if you turn the product over, that is, you will not be able to see the screen, something that I do not consider a disadvantage as such but I like to mention it. Additionally, the layout of the air inlet makes it easy to cover it while vaping.

The battery is very, very good, it holds an incredible number of puffs, perfectly providing a day of vaping and the charge, not that it is slow as such, is in approximately 50 minutes. I like that it is on the side and not on the bottom.

I must highlight something quite important, which I assume is some type of error on my unit. At first, the first hours of use, the device gave me the error that it was too hot. The problem is that I was not vaping intensively, but rather taking a puff every few minutes. This error was displayed and immediately disappeared and it worked normally. I only spent the first few hours of use, from then on, this strange phenomenon did not occur again.

Pros And Cons

ProsCons
Really Good Pods Cartridge Magnets
Exceptional Drip TipOnly One Cartridge Included
Top RefillingThe Air Inlet May Move Inadvertently
Good Air Regulation
Versatility

Conclusion
To put it in a nutshell, it is a pod that I have fallen in love with especially for its flavor and its square aesthetics. I have a thing for devices like that. Furthermore, in combination with its V3 cartridges and its refilling system, they make it a very good pod and a very good purchasing option.

I would simply improve the strength of the magnets and the arrangement or hardness of the air regulation somewhat, otherwise, it is a very good pod device.

VU Sponsors