Become a Patron!

OXVA XLIM Pro CRC And ROCKY VAPOR Review By Ben28

OXVA XLIM Pro
Intro.jpg

Today I bring you a new device from OXVA, the XLIM Pro CRC. Like its twin brother the SQ Pro, this one comes equipped with new cartridges known as V3 and whose most representative feature is the top refill.

Let's give way to the review but not before thanking Lina from OXVA for providing the product. You can visit the OXVA page and specifically the announcement of the OXVA XLIM Pro CRC.

Combo.jpg

Features;
  • 1. Glittering RGB light
  • 2. Anti-leak top-fill cartridge
  • 3. Ergonomic AFC design
  • 4. Auto-draw & button activation
  • 5. 30W max output power
  • 6. 1000mAh bigger battery
  • 7. Highly leak-resistant
  • 8. Type-C fast charging
  • 9. Compatible with new top-fill (Xlim V3) & Xlim V2 cartridge
BrandOXVA
Product NameXlim Pro Kit
Output Power5-30W
Cartridge Capacity2ml
Resistance Range0.33-3.0ohm
Top Fill Cartridge0.6ohm/0.8ohm/1.2ohm
RefillTop refill
Airflow ControlSide AFC
Battery Capacity1000mAh
Charging5V/2A, Type-C
MaterialZinc Alloy + IML + PCTG
Size111.0*25.0*14.3mm
ColorBlack Carbon, Black Gold, Gleamy Blue, Gleamy Cyan, Gleamy Gray, Gleamy Green, Gleamy Pink, Gleamy Red, Brown Wood, Brown Leather, Grey Leather, Fancy Feather

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240228232609.jpg
The product comes in a red rectangular box with silver letters. We are left with a small window so we can see the product even before opening it. At the top right we find the product model and on the vertical right we see its brand.

I can say little about the packaging, it is simple but effective and beautiful.
ReLens_IMG_20240228232620.jpg

On one of the sides we are presented with the contents of the box in silver letters, maintaining the appearance of the front.

In the box;

1* XLIM Pro Device
1* 0.8Ω XLIM CRC Cartridge
1* 0.6Ω XLIM CRC Cartridge
1* Type-C Cable
1* User Manual
1* Lanyard
Two cartridges do come here, but why not in the SQ Pro?

ReLens_IMG_20240228232643.jpg

When we open the box, in the left area we find the device on a pad with a custom-made hole. On the right is a rectangular box that will contain the spare cartridge as well as the charging cable and lanyard.
ReLens_IMG_20240228232733.jpg

If we order all the essentials, we are left with something like this. The device on one hand and the cartridge, the charging cable and the lanyard on the other.

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240228232804.jpg

The device is a POD type with a rectangular stick shape with curved edges. In the front area we can see a type of padding in a type of leather, in fact, a warning about its care is added to the packaging. The cartridge is inserted in the upper area and in the middle area we find a rectangular screen.
ReLens_IMG_20240228232824.jpg

The information displayed on the screen is very simple.

- Power indicator (Watts)
- Resistance indicator (Ω)
- Battery indicator
- Puff counter

Additionally, at the bottom, which I couldn't capture, there is a section of RGB LEDs that will light up when we take a puff or a protection is triggered.
ReLens_IMG_20240228232834.jpg

On one side we will find the activation button. This is rectangular and silver in color, matching the skeleton of the pod device. It has a pretty good feel and doesn't click at all.

The functions of the button are;
2 Clicks, it will show a battery indicator depending on the colors.
3 Clicks, power change mode, will allow us to raise it in increments of 0.5W up to a maximum of 30W, then it will restart at 5W.
4 Clicks, we will lock or unlock the button.
5 Clicks, we will turn the device on or off.
ReLens_IMG_20240228232843.jpg

On the other side we will find the air inlet, it is exactly the same as the SQ Pro but the layout is somewhat more correct. This will be regulated by raising or lowering the tab, which will cause air to enter or stop entering. The entrance is made up of 3 levels/holes. When it is closed to the maximum we will not even be able to take a puff because of how restricted it is. In this way, by playing a little with the input, we can achieve from an MTL vape to an RDL one.

As for the hardness of this regulation, it is quite good, but I have occasionally moved it accidentally while using it, so I would give it a little more hardness.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232905.jpg

The POD-Battery connection system is made using magnets. The cartridge remains somewhat flat if we touch it, let me explain, it wobbles from side to side. It's not a problem as such but I don't like that happening at all. I like strong magnets that keep the cartridge securely in place.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232919.jpg

Since it is the same as in the SQ Pro

Filling is done from the top. We will only have to remove the drip tip as if we were splitting the cartridge in two and fill through any of the two holes on the sides, NEVER through the center. Filling is achieved through a system of springs that, when pressed with our can, open the entrance to the liquid.

The drip tip is one of the most comfortable I have found. It fits perfectly on the lips and gives a very comfortable sensation.

As such the cartridge is tinted, but you can perfectly see the amount of liquid remaining.

ReLens_IMG_20240228232940.jpg

Under the pod we will find the charging port. This is Type-C and the cable is included in the packaging.

OXBAR ROCKY VAPOR
ReLens_IMG_20240304220522.jpg

Along with the device I was also provided with this liquid. Specifically, they are nicotine salts at 20mg/mL.

Let's talk about the smell that this Raspberry Watermelon Ice gives. At first smell, I don't notice either of the two fruits as such, but if I do notice something fruity, it just doesn't look like any of the ones described.

As for vaping, it is a liquid that hits very strongly at first due to the concentration of nicotine and the ice, but, as time goes by and you use it, that effect reduces. The flavor is very different from the smell, I notice a very well balanced mixture between the two fruits and the touch of ice, it makes it very usable especially in hot weather.

Vaping Time

The device only comes with two cartridges instead of so I will give my conclusions about both.

The 0.6Ω cartridge is a little more macabre, don't expect discreet vaping with this one, as the amount of vapor is quite considerable, even more than I expected. In terms of flavor, they are quite good, I have no complaints with them. They also serve both freebase and nicsalts, but be careful with the wattage in the latter.

As for the 0.8Ω one, this one is somewhat more discreet, since the amount of vapor is greatly reduced but the flavor is maintained very well. I recommend closing the air inlet somewhat with this, but of course, it depends on taste.

In hand it is a very comfortable device and also very light, it surprises me. The feel of the leather area makes it very soft to hold, although I must say that the area is hard, it is not padded.

As for the battery, it has very good performance, especially if used with nicotine salts at 10W for example. The battery lasts a whole day without problems.

Pros And Cons

Pros
Cons
V3 Cartridges
Cartridge Magnet
Exceptional Drip Tip
Top Refilling
Good Air Regulation
Two Cartridges Included

Conclusion
This and the OXVA SQ Pro are very similar devices in terms of operation and performance. Personally ? I would stick with the SQ Pro for its UI and aesthetics.

In terms of performance they are practically the same, I have nothing to highlight about one over the other. Both are pretty good.

The decision in the end lies on you, which one do you prefer?

VU Sponsors