Become a Patron!

OXVA xlim V2

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The days of massive innovation in pod systems seem to be a thing of the past, they all have good coils, they are all easy to use, so to be considered the best is more a case of checking every detail and ticking every box.

So, does the OXVA XLIM V2 tick every box? In short, yes. Well, most of them anyway.

DSC01347.jpg

Product Overview

The XLIM V2 is a compact 900mAh pod system, that comes with 2ml 0.8ohm and 0.6ohm pods (non-replaceable coils), has the option of autodraw/fire button, with adjustable airflow and 5-25w adjustable wattage.

What do you get?

• XLIM pod system
  • 0.6ohm pod (installed) and 0.8ohm pod
  • type-C USB cable
  • replacement autodraw sensor protector
All very standard stuff in the package, apart from the replacement autodraw protector which is a nice touch.

DSC01349.jpg

First impressions

It’s not the smallest pod system, but considering that it’s got a 900mAh battery, along with a 0.42 inch LCD screen and adjustable airflow – it’s still pretty compact.

It does have some branding with OXVA on the front and XLIM on the side, but it’s quite small and inoffensive.

The only complain that I have about the physical design of the XLIM, is that the USB charge port is on the bottom of the device, there’s plenty of room on the side and that would have been the ideal placement in my eyes.

Apart from that, the aesthetics are what you’d expect from this type of pod system – nothing revolutionary, nothing terrible.

Operating the Device

You turn the device on and off with five clicks, four clicks switches between autodraw only mode and autodraw+fire button mode, seven clicks resets the puff counter, and three clicks allows you to adjust the wattage. As you only have one button, adjusting the wattage is done via the fire button, with the wattage increasing in 0.5w increments.

The LCD screen displays wattage, resistance, battery level and puff counter – and will also display a number of warnings if required.

The XLIM will also detect the resistance of the pod and decrease (but not increase) the wattage to the maximum recommended level for that pod.

Pods

The 2ml pods are magnetically secured and fit very well – unlike the previous (top-fill) version of the XLIM, the V2 is side-fill – probably because a few people found the cap hard to remove on the V1. If this was a DTL pod system that drank a lot of liquid, then I might care – but it isn’t and I don’t.

• 0.6ohm pod – this pod is rated from 20-25w, but doesn’t need to be pushed that hard. I ran it from 15-25w with the airflow 2/3 to completely open. The flavor was good, more than good – the flavor was excellent, especially with picking out the secondary flavors of my juice, something that the vast majority of pod systems fail to do. Not only was the flavor good, but so was the throat hit.
  • 0.8 ohm pod – this pod is rated from 12-16w, but again performs really well at lower wattages. At 10w with one airflow hole open, it’s a really nice tight-ish MTL vape – but at 16w with all three open it’s still MTL, but more in line with a regular pod system draw. As with the 0.8ohm pod, it does well with picking out the main and secondary flavors of the juice.
I switched between the two pods, as I preferred the 0.8ohm pod for fruits and the 0.6ohm for pastries/RY4.

Despite leaving the device on its side for a day or two, there has been a hint of moisture around the sensor.

Both pods are lasting really well, I got four of each pod to review, but I’m still on the first of each.

DSC01353.jpg

Airflow

The slide airflow control allows you to close from one to three holes, however these holes are not the same size. The first hole to be closed is about 10% of the total airflow, the second is about 30% and the last is the remaining 60%. You can close all three for a very tight draw and it’s still enjoyable.

Overall, the airflow is nice – you get some very precise adjustments, but everything is within MTL limits – you’re not going to open it up and get a restricted DTL draw no matter what you do.

DSC01353.jpg

Battery

I have no idea if it really is the claimed 900mAh, however I do know that it lasts a long time. I’d be far more confident taking this out for a day of vaping, than I would be with some of the 500 or 600mAh pod systems that I’ve used.

Conclusion

I’m not sure what I’d more I’d want from an MTL pod system – long battery life, adjustable power and airflow, decent pods that give great flavor and last a long time.

My only two complaints – the lack of top-fill and it not having a side USB charging port, haven’t detracted from my enjoyment of the XLIM V2 one bit.

Without being over dramatic, this is probably the best MTL pod system I’ve ever used.

The only caveat I would give, is that you had better like MTL, because it’s not going to give you anything else.

Disclaimer

Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed have been provided for review purposes.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Nice review

Last edited:

VU Sponsors