Become a Patron!

Pegasus Mini Mod, Playboy Vixen Mini tank?

Hello, everyone. I have been lurking for some time, now. Lot's of good information. But not too much on the Pegasus Mini box from the Odyssey kit. I am currently using the default setup, with a Triton Mini tank. Flavor is good, and I've been very pleased with my first setup for a few months now. I use the 1.2 kanthal coils at 20w. I tried the ni-200 coils in TC mode at around 450F without much difference in vapor production.

I am planning on pulling the trigger very soon on a new tank. I have looked at several sub-ohm options. From everything I have seen, the Playboy Mini tank looks like it has good flavor and much better vapor production while still being only 22mm.

Does anybody know if I can run this tank on my Pegasus Mini at 40-50w using its .5 ohm kanthal coils?

I am into a smooth, warm, not hot vape. My Triton Mini is geared more toward mouth to lung vaping, with rather restricted airflow even though I must say flavor is very good. My vaping style is direct-to-lung, so could someone also tell me if the Playboy has better airflow than say, an Atlantis, Kanger Subtank nano, Uwell Crown, or Rafale? My research has led me to contemplate these four. Too many choices!

And I honestly don't even know if I could run any of these tanks on my mod. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I want to upgrade from Triton Mini because vapor production, while halfway decent at 20w, just isn't doing it for me.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, everyone. I have been lurking for some time, now. Lot's of good information. But not too much on the Pegasus Mini box from the Odyssey kit. I am currently using the default setup, with a Triton Mini tank. Flavor is good, and I've been very pleased with my first setup for a few months now. I use the 1.2 kanthal coils at 20w. I tried the ni-200 coils in TC mode at around 450F without much difference in vapor production.

I am planning on pulling the trigger very soon on a new tank. I have looked at several sub-ohm options. From everything I have seen, the Playboy Mini tank looks like it has good flavor and much better vapor production while still being only 22mm.

Does anybody know if I can run this tank on my Pegasus Mini at 40-50w using its .5 ohm kanthal coils?

I am into a smooth, warm, not hot vape. My Triton Mini is geared more toward mouth to lung vaping, with rather restricted airflow even though I must say flavor is very good. My vaping style is direct-to-lung, so could someone also tell me if the Playboy has better airflow than say, an Atlantis, Kanger Subtank nano, Uwell Crown, or Rafale? My research has led me to contemplate these four. Too many choices!

And I honestly don't even know if I could run any of these tanks on my mod. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I want to upgrade from Triton Mini because vapor production, while halfway decent at 20w, just isn't doing it for me.
Rule out the Crown from what I've read (I've only tried a friends) the wattage needed for its' coil options is simply more than you have. The Atlantis I have and with the .5Ω coil at 40w it's pretty nice, 50w better, and can handle up to 60w. So a .5Ω premade coil or around that is likely your best bet. That'd probably rule out the Rafale as well I believe. The Kanger is known to leak, I know my brother's is simply crap in that regard. With my experience I loved the Atlantis for a long time, only moved on because I wanted more and went up to a 100w+ device/tank for a warmer vape/more intense vape. So that really leaves the Vixen and Atlantis. IIRC they use similar coils (as in they can be interchanged I believe) so either or should be quite similar. Another to possibly look into is the Herakles (not Herakles plus, just normal Herakles). I've heard lots of good things about it. Again though only have experience with the Atlantis out of the compatible tanks, and I did enjoy it quite a lot.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Herkales ☝️yep an amazing tank the only one I still use w my crown and cleito!(both need lot more wattage use them w RX and SIG150) but the Herkales is always on my evic & it has such immense flavor k can't put it away! Love the herkales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd grab a second setup cause of the fact that I once lost my first setup and went postal - like the dripbox is 28$ or so... I want to check it out.
I realize one mod is all anyone needs- but if want a second one isn't that pricey (rx200 38$ I paid for it)
Than u can get whatever tank you wish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a pack a day smoker, and I have begun to make a pack of Newport shorts last me 4-5 days since I started vaping. That's me spending 240$ a month on cigarettes, alone, before I picked up my first setup. That's also how I factor into a budget how much I can spend on vaping juice, equipment, and gear. I start with 240$, subtract 8$ every time I buy a pack from the budget. So I generally end up spending not quite nearly half of what I spent on cigarettes in the past on vaping goodies to reward myself for good behavior and save money at the same time. So far, I haven't been being good enough to warrant buying a new mod. I can certainly afford a new tank though, and I am well stocked on ejuice for about the next four weeks or so. This has really been a great hobby.

I've narrowed my choices down to either the Vixen or the Atlantis, based on your feedback. I am not interested in the Herakles for reasons I don't know. I'm just not feelin' it.

Thank you for your input.

VU Sponsors