Become a Patron!

Pistachio Ice Cream

BillyJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
omg Can't wait to try this. I'll have to sub Cap's Vanilla Whipped cream for TPA whipped cream, though. (I already have 130+ flavors,so I have to stop buying for a while).
The substitute should be just fine. I vape this quicker than I can make it. Lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Please let me know how it turns out for you guys.

Been kind-of an "Ice Cream" recipe fan lately, they seem to be my favorite vapes anymore.
Couldn't pass up on trying a new flavor:D.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK...it's Wednesday -4 days......how'd it turn out?

Gotta give it a week due to the Custard, probably be better if longer, but gonna wait til the weekend anyway.
Never tried the FW VBIC before either but if it's anything like CAP it needs a week also.
Plus I used CAP Sweet Cream & CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream.
(Many of the CAP flavors are better after 1 week anyway)

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When substituting caps with tfa or vice versa is it usually a 1:1 conversion or does it vary from flavor to flavor?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When substituting caps with tfa or vice versa is it usually a 1:1 conversion or does it vary from flavor to flavor?

Usually, but there may be some exceptions.
The TFA DX Bavarian Cream & DX Sweet Cream seem to be a bit weaker than the regular versions I think.
CAP Sweet Cream is a little bit better than the regular TFA Sweet Cream, but they are pretty close IMO.
CAP VBIC is a bit stronger than TFA VBIC but the taste is pretty close.
If a recipe called for 4% CAP VBIC you could easily use 5% TFA VBIC if needed.
Most of the CAP flavors are slightly stronger than most of the equivalent TFA flavors IMO.
Although the regular TFA Bavarian Cream I think is stronger than the CAP version.
However, I usually just use the same amounts, and so far, if it's a good recipe to begin with, I don't notice any difference.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
:) I had every flavor from the OP's recipe. It smells awesome. Have not used pistachio much other than in an RY4 recipe; Thanks for sharing & I will report soon on just how good she vapes! ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta give it a week due to the Custard, probably be better if longer, but gonna wait til the weekend anyway.
Never tried the FW VBIC before either but if it's anything like CAP it needs a week also.
Plus I used CAP Sweet Cream & CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream.
(Many of the CAP flavors are better after 1 week anyway)
Love FW vbic, my freezer is loaded....lol!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice --- Thank you @BillyJ
I've got all the flavors and will have to mix this one up this weekend. My wife has been looking for a good Pistachio vape.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Please let me know how it turns out for you guys.

Trying it out today and it tastes pretty good.
Might try a drop or 2 of Stevia next time for a bit more sweetness, and/or maybe even add 1% FA Marshmallow.

Just got a hunch this would be better after a month due to the CAP Vanilla Custard.
Might leave the rest to steep longer:D

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made it a few days ago, but haven't tried it yet. It sure does smell good!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love FW vbic

I love FW VBIC also, but don't see it used much in recipes. I can actually taste vanilla ice cream with FW. And I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Billyj's recipe, but I recently tried JF Biscuit. INW Biscuit will collect dust now :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love FW VBIC also, but don't see it used much in recipes. I can actually taste vanilla ice cream with FW. And I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Billyj's recipe, but I recently tried JF Biscuit. INW Biscuit will collect dust now :D
I know! Isn't it wonderful? Try their boysenberry, every bit as good as Flavorah. And the sweet strawberry is sooo good too....LOVE their yellow cake! Any recipe that calls for FW yellow cake, I've subbed JF 1:1 and it's awesome, but without the sugar. I have JF RY4 Double, but haven't tried it yet.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have JF RY4 Double, but haven't tried it yet.

I have the sweet strawberry and yep....it's real good. I had added the RY4 to my cart last time, but ditched it at the last second. I hate when I do that and wish I hadn't when my :vapemail:comes...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know! Isn't it wonderful? Try their boysenberry, every bit as good as Flavorah. And the sweet strawberry is sooo good too....LOVE their yellow cake! Any recipe that calls for FW yellow cake, I've subbed JF 1:1 and it's awesome, but without the sugar. I have JF RY4 Double, but haven't tried it yet.
I keep forgetting I have those! I'm so terrible about sampling.:facepalm:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, if I had the budget to sit down and order just anything I wanted, I guarantee I'd either forget something or overlook something I really wanted ...
I have the sweet strawberry and yep....it's real good. I had added the RY4 to my cart last time, but ditched it at the last second. I hate when I do that and wish I hadn't when my :vapemail:comes...

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly, if I had the budget to sit down and order just anything I wanted, I guarantee I'd either forget something or overlook something I really wanted ...
I wouldn't forget a thing because if I had the budget to get anything I wanted I'd call them and say "Give me one of everything bitches!" :stars:

EDIT: Then I could take your badge of being the flavor slut :D

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't forget a thing because if I had the budget to get anything I wanted I'd call them and say "Give me one of everything bitches!" :stars:

EDIT: Then I could take your badge of being the flavor slut :D
Lol! I couldn't think of a finer individual to give it to!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta dig through the stash, don't remember ordering Pistachio, but I forgot about a lot of others too.
All...the...time.
I'll be browsing recipes on the internet and think "Darn, I'd make that but I don't think I have any ______".......then go through my vendor book and there it is. I'm left scratching my head, thinking "When did I get that?"

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gotta dig through the stash, don't remember ordering Pistachio, but I forgot about a lot of others too.
I may be OCD, but I have a spreadsheet with all my flavors I keep on Dropbox. I get a new order in, I update the spreadsheet from the ship list. I also have all my flavors in my ELR stash... I guess I am OCD... :crazy::facepalm:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I may be OCD, but I have a spreadsheet with all my flavors I keep on Dropbox. I get a new order in, I update the spreadsheet from the ship list. I also have all my flavors in my ELR stash... I guess I am OCD... :crazy::facepalm:
I run three companies, flavors were the last of my concerns....but I plan on taking the time one of these days to put everything I have on a spreadsheet.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If elr goes down ever it would send my stash into chaos.
I should probably take the time one day to do it on paper or even a spreadsheet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should probably take the time one day to do it on paper or even a spreadsheet.

Could look at the email receipts and copy paste to Excel....which I believe I'll do, one of these days.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good.
What is JF?
And if they don't use sugar, do they sweeten with (for me, nasty) sucralose or just unsweetened?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds good.
What is JF?
And if they don't use sugar, do they sweeten with (for me, nasty) sucralose or just unsweetened?
Jungle Flavors, they're available at ECIGEXPRESS. No sucralose, no EM, no sugars, just good cakey flavor.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dropbox and Google Drive are free cloud storage up to a certain data amount, more than enough for flavors and recipes, and can be accessed from any phone, tablet, laptop, or pc. And a lot of recipes I see online when I'm using my phone or tablet get copied and pasted into emails, then send them to myself. ;)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dropbox and Google Drive are free cloud storage up to a certain data amount, more than enough for flavors and recipes, and can be accessed from any phone, tablet, laptop, or pc. And a lot of recipes I see online when I'm using my phone or tablet get copied and pasted into emails, then send them to myself. ;)
Dropbox is evil though. I switched from Dropbox to one drive and Dropbox wanted to charge 150 bucks to cancel my account lol and it's near impossible to get live service. One drive is so much better. Google docs is nice for what it is too

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropbox is evil though. I switched from Dropbox to one drive and Dropbox wanted to charge 150 bucks to cancel my account lol and it's near impossible to get live service. One drive is so much better. Google docs is nice for what it is too

Geeze! 150 bucks for what? I do pay $9.99 a month for the terabyte of storage, but where did they get 150?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Geeze! 150 bucks for what? I do pay $9.99 a month for the terabyte of storage, but where did they get 150?
Cancellation fee off a business about. Basically if u want live support its outsourced and u have to pay 150 bucks for a support account.

One drive is a much better option. U can have 1tb for free basically if u earn ms points.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yup, I got all my inventory in a spreadsheet, only way I can keep track so I don't order a duplicate flavor by mistake.
Although I've still done it a couple of times:D.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I only have about 2ml of INW left anyway and I was due to order more when I decided to try the JF version :) JF Biscuit tastes that much better to me though. And I'm the type of person that hates wasting anything that I use. When a flavor bottle gets really low I will turn it upside down so the next time I go to use it I can get just about every bit of it out without much being stuck on the inside walls of the bottle :D Have you tried JF Biscuit yet?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you tried JF Biscuit yet?

Haven't tried any of theirs yet but I did add it to my wish list along with the Yellow Cake.
All my orders have been from Bull City lately, need to do an ECX order next I suppose.
Just got a new 30ml bottle of INW Biscuit too.
Too many flavor companies to keep up with but I guess it's a good thing.
Much worse if we only had a couple to choose from...

BillyJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Trying it out today and it tastes pretty good.
Might try a drop or 2 of Stevia next time for a bit more sweetness, and/or maybe even add 1% FA Marshmallow.

Just got a hunch this would be better after a month due to the CAP Vanilla Custard.
Might leave the rest to steep longer:D
I may give the Marshmallow a try in this. Just got some and seem to be using it more than I thought! I love it

two2wheels

Member For 4 Years
This is the closest thing to Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio I have tasted. My favorite recipe!! Hope you enjoy!!

Pistachio Ice Cream
OOOOH yummy. Mixed it up 4 days ago and jumped right on it! Pistachio Ice cream is my favorite but not good for my figure; your recipe for it hits the spot. Thinking of try a drop of Koolata in it to round out the experience. This will definitely be in my regular rotation. Thanks for posting!

BillyJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OOOOH yummy. Mixed it up 4 days ago and jumped right on it! Pistachio Ice cream is my favorite but not good for my figure; your recipe for it hits the spot. Thinking of try a drop of Koolata in it to round out the experience. This will definitely be in my regular rotation. Thanks for posting!
Thank you! Glad you liked it.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got mine mixed up this weekend. Had to substitute some of the flavors for TFA (that's what I had) ... if it flops then I get to upgrade to better flavors. :giggle:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ordered 30ml of Pistachio......:wave:
:D Time for inspects to update that spreadsheet.... notebook ... .err... something like that. It's OK inspects ... I've not updated mine in three big orders now... i'm a bit behind myself.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:D Time for inspects to update that spreadsheet.... notebook ... .err... something like that. It's OK inspects ... I've not updated mine in three big orders now... i'm a bit behind myself.
I have a box of flavors you could fix a Volkswagen in....but no Pistachio.....:D

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time for inspects to update that spreadsheet.... notebook ... .err... something like that. It's OK inspects ... I've not updated mine in three big orders now... i'm a bit behind myself.

I use Rod Brown's Juice Calculator. It keeps all inventory for you and reminds you when you're running low on anything. You just have to add each flavor to it's built in database. You can create shopping lists and it has a ton of other features. It's a VERY nice program

VU Sponsors