Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - 2-4-1 special - The Skynet and Skynet Pro tanks from Augvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Skynet and Skynet Pro Sub-Ohm tanks by Augvape. These tanks seem to be hitting the market under the radar a bit, and I contribute that to the fact that they are coming from a company commonly known for rebuildable atomizers. These two tanks are jumping into the market to compete with the wildly popular mesh-coiled tank category. Let’s see how Augvape faired in their attempt to compete, and as always, I will give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: This rda was sent to me by Augvape for review

WHAT YOU GET WITH THE SKYNET

1 Skynet Sub-Ohm Tank
1 3.6ml Straight Glass
1 5.1ml Bubble Glass
2 .15-ohm Mesh Coils
1 Set of spare O-rings

Available in Stainless, Black, and Rainbow

STOCK SHOT
fjhUTJL.jpg

PACKAGING
gqdEyNc.jpg

UNBOXED
8Rokrrh.jpg

WHAT YOU GET WITH THE SKYNET PRO

• 1 Augvape Skynet Pro Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 3.8ml Straight Glass
  • 1 7.1ml Bubble Glass
  • 1 .15-ohm triple mesh coil
  • 1 .20-ohm double mesh coil
  • 1 Spare parts bag

Available in Stainless, Black, and Rainbow

STOCK SHOT
DzNPZCA.jpg

PACKAGING
ubnP9xu.jpg

UNBOXED
Ob4Potw.jpg

COIL HEADS

Both the Skynet and Skynet Pro come with mesh coil heads. Augvape must have done their research because both have some of the best flavor and coil life I have experienced to date. The regular Skynet coils are compatible with Horizontech Falcon coils heads, so it adds an option down the road when looking for replacements.

The Skynet Pro coils heads are MUCH larger and are more like that Fireluke Mesh pro size. I haven’t been able to do a test fit of these coils, but they look very closely, and I am confident that Mesh Pro coils will be a solid replacement if needed.

AIR FLOW AND REFILLING

Both tanks have an abundance of air flow. I ran them around 2/3 open and they performed great for me right at that set point. The air flow is typical of sub-ohm tanks. A bit airy, a bit turbulence, but not awful. At first the air flow adjustment on both was way too tight, but after some use (and liquid lubrication) they loosened up and move more freely. Both tanks utilize threaded removable top caps for refilling. There are no gimmicky flip tops, or slide tops and I am thankful for that. It seems that many are doing slide tops as of late, but they aren’t well executed, and I am seeing reports of several opening in people’s pockets. I had a coworker get a pocket full of liquid last week as his Fireluke Mesh Pro slid open and dumped the entire tank.

HOW THE SKYNET VAPES

The little brother of this pairing is one of those middle range tanks for power. I ran mine around 65 watts with the supplied .15-ohm single coil head and the vapor and flavor that these Augvape coil heads produce is amazing. I have held my Horizontech Falcon on the top of the mesh-tank pedestal, but now it shares that spot with the Skynet. It makes sense, since the coil heads between these two are interchangeable and all. One big pro for Augvape with their coil heads is the life. I went through 50mls of liquid before getting the slightest reduction in flavor. I also started to notice a little bit of liquid seeping into the air flow. This is hands down the best coil life I have tested on ANY type of sub-ohm coil.

HOW THE SKYNET PRO VAPES

This tank doesn’t mess around. It is placed in that higher wattage market and is meant to be ran in that 100w realm. I ran the triple-mesh coil on this one at 95 watts, and that’s when it came alive and started to billow the dense clouds and flavor I anticipated by looking at the heads. Just like the original Skynet, the Pro puts out some amazing flavor and is hands down the closest thing I have tasted to some of my best builds on an RDA. It does come at a cost though. The required power eats up battery life on a mod and it goes through e-liquid at an incredible rate. I had to refill this puppy a couple of times throughout just one work day. One big pro is how long these coils last. I started off with a bottle that had 40mls in it. I figured it was a good amount for testing as I’ve never had a head last much beyond that. However, this one cruised past that point, and I had to go buy more of that same liquid. Once I hit 60mls, it started to leak a bit in to the air flow, but the flavor was strong. I went all the way to 75mls of liquid before I noticed a steep drop off in flavor. The coils don’t even look that bad! Kudos to Augvape and their coils.

PHOTO GALLERY

pjTE1jH.jpg

GBPAzx7.jpg

u9Pothu.jpg

tQD5fXL.jpg

boZy6fS.jpg

hxY4fsA.jpg

OnblSy9.jpg

iLW6kH0.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Both the Skynet and the Skynet Pro tanks are great entries into the Mesh-coiled sub-ohm tank market. The Skynet fits right in that Fireluke mesh, Horizontech Falcon world, while the Skynet Pro is out here to contend with the Fireluke Mesh Pro and others in that size. They are constructed well and the fitment of everything is nice and smooth. I never had issues removing glass or getting anything back together. The coil heads are great, and available locally thanks to compatibility with other brands. The only complaints that I really have with these tanks are cosmetic. I think the regular Skynet looks decent, but with the lack of colors and a boring drip tip, they just don’t stand out in the market they are in. The Skynet Pro has a ribbed looked to it, and I feel that it looks very dated and is not eye catching in any way. The grooves also catch a lot of debris from hands and pockets and are only good for grip. Both are function over fashion, but how they function is top notch. These are easily the best mesh-coiled tanks I have used to date and have the best coils life/performance out there.

OVEN TEST

If this rda were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Until something better comes out, these will be my go-to Mesh-coiled tanks.

PROS FOR SKYNET

• Flavor
  • Coils are compatible with Horizontech Falcon
  • Coil life
  • Liquid capacity
  • Price-point around $25

CONS FOR SKYNET

• Color options look dated as this market is full of colorful designs
  • Drip tips are boring

PROS FOR SKYNET PRO

• Flavor is top notch
  • Coils are compatible with other brands (I think Fireluke mesh pro)
  • Coil life is incredible (I hit over 60 mills!)
  • Price-Point of around $25

CONS FOR SKYNET PRO

• Juice consumption is crazy fast
  • Styling is dated
  • Color choices are blah in a market full of color
  • Meh clear drip tips

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Augvape for sending these to me for review!

http://www.augvape.com/product/skynet-sub-ohm-tank/

http://www.augvape.com/product/skynet-pro-sub-ohm-tank/

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors