Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Box Mod Review - The Twin Peak by Snow Cap Mods

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Twin Peak, parallel 21700 box mod by Snow Cap Mods. This is a 3D printed parallel box mod, which houses two 21700 batteries in a lightweight compact body. It handles atomizers up to 26mm without overhang and utilizes copper bus bars for power transfer. Devices like this are rather unique, yet simple, so let’s get right to it eh?

************* DISCLAIMER - THIS IS A PARALLEL MECHANICAL DEVICE. PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF BATTERY SAFETY, OHM’S LAW, AND MECHANICAL SAFETY BEFORE PURCHASING A DEVICE LIKE THIS. *******************

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me Snow Cap Mods for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET
  • Twin Peak Mod

• That’s it, you get the mod, LOL

Available in custom color configurations. Like similar projects that Snow Cap Mods have had, they generally stock some generic models (single color, black, blue, etc.), but there is also a custom element as well with several color options out there.

QUhRaY6.jpg

w98ZU50.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 97mm x 26mm x 47mm

Battery: Dual 21700

Power Range: MECHANICAL

Other features: 3d printed body, copper bussing

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Is this an empty box I got? That’s the basic first impression. This thing is so light, I didn’t even think it was in the box. Nothing fancy when it comes to packaging, and I don’t expect there to be. You get the mod, and that’s it. That’s the typical nature to these types of devices. Not too many frills, not too many extras, and straight to the point. Having already reviewed the Avalanche 2x700 squonk mod before this, I kind of knew what I was going to find in regard to the device itself. It is 3d printed, and 3d printed well. The backside is rounded and comfortable, and has a cutout for pushing the batteries outward. Inside the battery cover, you see all of the copper bussing. Like we see on many mechanical box mods, the copper essentially completes a circuit. Starting at the negative of the 510 plate, follow it across the negative of the batteries, then the positive is situated down at the bottom with a bar going all the way up the left side. When the fire button is pressed, it hits the positive of the 510 plate, and we get vapoooorrrsss.

Simple system, completing a circuit. Nothing too wild here. The most important aspect is to always insert the batteries in parallel. If you insert in series, you are going to have a bad time!

OPERATION

I basically told you how to operate already. Insert the batteries as indicated, with positive down. Screw on a mechanical safe atomizer which has already been tested on a regulated device for shorts and resistance. Juice it up and press the fire button. The fire button is bent in a way to make contact with the positive portion of the 510 plate. Sometimes, I found the alignment to be a little off, so I made some bends in the copper myself to correct this. I do not suggest just anyone to do this, but anyone who has used mechanical mods will know what to do. The owner of the company has said that they are thinking of a slight redesign of the 510 plate so they can see more consistency. Regardless, one quick tweak and it worked perfect every time.

PHOTO GALLERY

3GOs1AG.jpg

2xeh489.jpg

75SF3GS.jpg

3OvJwBp.jpg

pESGP5t.jpg

MhR6n88.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

This section will be pretty biased because I am a fan of mechanical mods. Once I got the fire button to consistently fire, I fell in love with this device. The parallel 21700s hit solid and the added battery life of stacking those MAH is always a bonus. I like my tubes, but this is just amazing. When paired with my Asgard Mini, I found it difficult to bother picking up my other devices. Most of the time, when I sit home and enjoy a vape, it is with a mech tube of some sort. Once the Twin Peak rolled in, that changed. I found myself loving the punchiness and battery life of this dual 21700 device. I also found myself tossing a small RTA on top and using this one on the go. Paired up with the Blotto, or even the Blotto Mini, and I had a killer combo that lasted TWO FULL WORK DAYS off the set of batteries within. The shape is also super pocket friendly and, while no safety features are present for the button, it is in a location that doesn’t easily get pressed.

Let’s go over some pros and cons. First pro is the size. I love the shape in hand, love the rounded palm side, and for being dual 21700, it’s a small size. Next pro are the options for styling. Snow Cap Mods keeps expanding their options for paint, and I love the black and blue version I received here. Next pro is dual 21700 performance. Having these in parallel leads to excellent battery life and performance. No problem going all day, even with super rowdy builds.

There are a few little things that I don’t like with this one as well. First is the atomizer size. Sure, it would look goofy if made for it, but I’d love to see a Twin Peak that works with a 30mm tank. Next con is the guts of the device. The copper looks cheap and kind of rough around the edges. It also took some fiddling for it to work for me. I am giving him some benefit of the doubt on this, as he is working through making corrections, but I did experience this, so I must point it out. Last con is the lack of safety features. Nothing crazy, but I would love to see a fire button lock on this one. It’s a decent size for on the go, but throwing this in the pocket COULD lead to a bad time.

All in all though, I love this thing. The price is good for what it is, performance is great, and it looks excellent too. This is a great device that gives you that high end feel without a high end price tag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I certainly would. It’s tough to beat for the price!

PROS

• Solidly printed device

• Feels great in hand

• Fires with good power

• Parallel 21700 for the win

• High end look

• Custom colors available

CONS

• Copper bussing could be completed a little nicer

• Took fiddling to get the fire bar to work consistently

• No fire button lock

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Snow Cap Mods for sending this my way for review. They are listed for $110 USD with $30 shipping for a grand total of $140 US (£107 UK).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors