Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Gen Nano by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Gen Nano by Vaporesso. The little brother of the wildly popular Gen mod is here. This model is about a third the size of the OG, much lighter, has a built-in battery, and tops out at 80w. It’s a cute little guy for beginners, but has some nice features many may enjoy. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Gen Nano mod

• Gtx Tank 22

• 3.5mL bubble glass

• 2mL straight glass

• .2-ohm GTX mesh coil

• .6-ohm GTX mesh coil

• Spare parts

• Micro USB cable

• Paperwork

Available in silver, black, blue, red, green, and purple

STOCK SHOT
Z2yzLFl.jpg

PACKAGING
uCDghNC.jpg

UNBOXED
BwimYdl.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 115mm(with tank) x 40.3mm x 24.2mm

Battery: Built-in 2000mah

Power Range: 5-80w, scrolling in 1 -watt increments

Capacity: 2mL (3.5mL w/ bubble glass)

Other features: .91” non-color display, 2 amp charging

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Oh how cute is this? That’s what I thought right away. It looks just like a Gen, but shrunken down. It is insanely small, as seen in my photos below, and that’s by far the biggest standout. It looks a lot alike, even with a fake battery door to make it look like a big Gen. The screen is a little different, because this one houses the dumbed down Axon chip I first saw in the PM80se. This 80w board is easy to use, offers up everything you need to know, and just works for what it is. The kit comes with a 22mm tank that uses the same GTX coils that Vaporesso is using in all of the Target PM series devices, making them a widely available item. Seems like a decent little guy out of the box, but let’s dig deeper.

OPERATION

This has a menu more like what we saw in the original Gen device. It doesn’t seem to be fully unlocked, but it is very very close to that, so if you are used to the Gen, this will be second nature.

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off

• 3 clicks of the fire button locks out the adjustment button, but the device still fires. 3 clicks again unlock, and this is indicated right on the display

• Pressing fire and up together flips the screen orientation

• Pressing menu button for 3 seconds or clicking 3 times enters the main menu

• Pulse mode - This is Vaporessos rapid-fire wattage mode

• Power eco - Power saving wattage mode

• Smart TC - I couldn’t access this, it says “No Access SC” when I click it (maybe coming later?

• DIY MODE

• Variable Wattage

• Variable TC

• Variable Voltage

• Wattage Curve

• Bypass

• Superplayer

• Exit
    • System Settings

• Smart VW on/off

• Auto Eco on/off

• Puff counter reset

• Brightness

• Flip Screen

• Default - set device to default

• Version - firmware/hardware versions

• Exit
    • Exit

That covers how to operate this device. Once you know the few button combos, it is super simple to navigate and use.

USEAGE

The chipset offers up a “best” range when a new coil is detected, and it shows right where it should be. This makes it great for those moments when you may not be able to see what coil is in the tank and takes out all of the guesswork. This too comes with the same coils as the PM80se and I tested it the exact same way just to see how the two compare.

.2-ohm GTX Mesh coil - This is designed more for direct lung. I used this at 60w as it felt like it needed an extra bump to me. With 3mg liquid, flavor and vapor are good, but not blow my socks off good.

.6-ohm GTX Mesh coil - For this one, I decided to go with 6mg liquid. With operating at lower power, this proved to be the right pick. Flavor is solid, as it was with the PM80 devices. Airflow adjustment is much easier with an AFC in lieu of side plugs like the PM mods.

Comparing the GTX tank 22 to the PM80se and I found that the flavor is similar. I felt like the PM80 and PM80se were surprisingly good for all in one devices, but a little let down by the tank. I like having the ability to change the airflow on the go easier, but it feels a little bit lacking. Also, this tank has top fill by removing the entire top and it is kind of a pain. Sure it isn’t messy, but it’s more of a process.

The device itself is alright. It is super compact and has that great soft, rubbery texture of the full size Gen mods. It even has a mock battery door to copy the look of the Gen. With the included tank the ramp is instant. Fire, vapor, fire, vapor. It is super responsive and gratifying. Not the greatest when you are 5 clicking to turn it on and off, but it is a quick one for fans of that. It has all of the features we may come to expect from an Axon chip, which is a dumbed down version of the full Axon on the OG Gen. It is easy to use, and shows everything you need to know on the screen. Only thing I ran into that irked me was the battery level indication. It seemed to jump around and go from like 80% to 50% in a flash, then stay there for a while. Then the next time, it was 65%. Really weird. 2000mah is alright for lower wattages, but if you rock the lower resistance coils and are over 50w, it won’t get you through a full work day.

PHOTO GALLERY

GEN NANO ALBUM
U8yBdFU.jpg

dVFW1Ve.jpg

mNccFbQ.jpg

VOI2hRB.jpg

PP4hI0o.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FINAL THOUGHTS

I used this device over a two week period. Went through three different coils, and this is my conclusion. If you want a starter kit, but not sure about an all in one, this might be a good one to look at. It offers up a VERY similar vape to the PM80 and PM80se right out of the box, with miniscule changes since it’s using a tank and not a pod. This isn’t a bad thing for a beginner, but long time vapors won’t get much enjoyment in my opinion. The nice thing about a device like this, is someone can pair up a different atomizer on top, so you aren’t stuck with a pod that may not be available a year or two down the road. I used the mod with some MTL tanks and found it to be a sweet little setup for on the go. The device has plenty of pros when taking what this is into consideration. It is compact, has a simple board, is lightweight, and looks and feels great. There are a few things I don’t really like about it though, so they must be addressed. The first con is with the battery size. At 2000mah, it won’t get most users through a day when running above 50w. Since the .2-ohm coil runs at 60w, you will need to recharge at least once when using this coil. The second con is with battery indication. I found mine to jump all over the place and I never really trusted what it said. Sometimes it would be 93, then at 50 something right away, then be back into 70s or whatever the next time. Kind of odd, and left me wondering how much was left before needing a charge. The last con is with the tank. It is just kind of meh. Flavor is good, don’t get me wrong, but it isn’t that impressive and I felt like I was getting better performance off the same coils in the PM device pods.

Bottom line though… if you are shopping for a small device and not sure if you want to go AIO, this is a damn good kit. Coils are plentiful most places I have looked, and the mod is a perfect match for low wattage MTL vapors. Long time vapors that are used to large clouds won’t get much enjoyment from this system, as it’s halfway between a pod and good sub-ohm tank.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I have other small devices I prefer more, which use external batteries. The battery is the biggest bust for me.

PROS

• Love how closely they mimicked the look of the OG Gen

• Simple board for all vapors to enjoy

• Has nice coating that feels great

• Good option for beginners that don’t want to be bound to one kind of pod

• Charges rather quick (45 mins on average)

• Nice color options

• Included tank uses GTX coils, which are starting to be available all over since they are in several other Vaporesso products now.

CONS

• Battery reading jumped all over the place

• Battery size is a bit small if running above 50w

• Included tank is just OK for a tank, but at least there’s always the option to put something else on the device

Thank you everyone and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for $59.99 US or £48.78 in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors