Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Gen S by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be going over the Gen S kit by Vaporesso. Ah yes, another Gen mod. This one has new colors, and a new tank, but that is about it. I am told there are some small tweaks to the chipset, but I am not really buying it. Same old Gen, but that’s not really a bad thing. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• Vaporesso Gen S 220w mod

• NRG-S Mesh tank

• 5ml straight glass

• 8ml bubble glass

• 1 - .15-ohm Strip Coil

• 1 - .18-ohm Mesh Coil

• 2 Spare O-rings

• 1 Micro USB cable

• Paperwork

- Available in like…..a shit ton of colors, with I am sure more to come! So far, let’s ramble off the colors. Lime/Green, Cherry Pink, Matte Gray, Midnight Blue (MINE), Rose Gold, Silver, Black, Gold, Black/Red, Black/Blue, Black/Green, and Black/Purple.

PACKAGING
VnRInSb.jpg

UNBOXED
9K4eWKQ.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

Measurements: 146mm x 54m x 26.5mm

Power range - 5-220W

Battery - Dual 18650

Other features: AXON chipset

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Surprise! It’s another Gen. Yeah, I don’t have much new here that many don’t already know. It has that same great, soft coating. Feels great in the hand and gives it just an amazing look as well. The only thing that really jumps out now is the new tank. The NRG-S tank has the same dimple pattern of the mod, and the color matches the mod to a Tee. Looks great on top, but let’s find out how well it actually works!

OPERATION

The Gen features the AXON chipset. This is my first time using this chipset thus far, and I found it to be simple, old school in appearance, and easy to navigate. There are just a few button combos to figure out, and then the rest is laid on right on screen to walk the user through.

***This is copied from my original Gen review.

BUTTON COMBOS

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off

• 3 clicks of the fire button locks the menu and up/down buttons

• Long press or 3 clicks of the enter button enters the menu

MENU SYSTEM

Once in the menu, you will find that it always starts with DIY mode as the first window. Hitting the up and down buttons will move the menu scroller left or right. Hitting the enter button will access the selected menu.

MENU BREAKDOWN

• Pulse mode – supposed to boost flavor and produce more of a cloud. :p – silly Vaporesso

• Power Eco mode – helps conserve battery

• STC Mode – Smart TC – Automatically detects coil and runs in TC

• DIY Mode – This mode has several modes within
    • Wattage – Soft, Medium, hard preheat

• TC – Ti, Ni, SS, Memory1 – all have adjustable TCR and preheat up to 220w

• Variable Voltage – 0-9V adjusted in .01V increments

• CCW – Wattage curves mode

• BP – Bypass mode

• SP – Super player Mode – supports resistance to the full range of .03-5 ohms

• System Set – Misc. Settings
    • Puff Counter

• Brightness

• Flip Screen Orientation

• Auto On/Off

• Default – Reset entire device

• Version – Firmware/Hardware info

HOW IT VAPES

I really have no need to sugar coat this section. The AXON chipset is excellent. It’s easily one of the top chipsets on the market sitting behind only DNAs in my eyes. It ramps up fast, is easy to navigate, and also offers up about every mode a vapor would want. TC works, wattage works, and it has many variance of these mods (pulse, curves, etc.). Chipset is not a weak link at all.

NRG-S TANK REVIEW

The tank which comes with the Gen is a rehash of a tank that brings me back to the initial days of my vaping journey. Back when I was a novice, I snagged myself a Revenger kit with NRG tank. I loves this kit so much, but the tank always airlocked on me and would cause the coils to burn up. Well, we are now sitting 4 years later and the NRG-S is here. This tank is nothing like the old. It has a swiveling top cap, which is removable for cleaning or changing gaskets. It also uses their GT mesh coils, which many have found to be top notch for mesh. I have no gripes with the tank itself. It matches the mod well, has a nice, large fill port, and has smooth machining through and through. It’s nice. The GT-Mesh coil is a single wide bore, which just isn’t my style. I throttled the air back to 50%, but it was still very airy. Flavor is good, and so is the vapor, just open is all. Where things came to life for me was with the GT4 mesh coil. The smaller cores restrict the airflow more, and with more surface area the flavor really pops. This coil made me smile, and I loved it.

Now, let’s talk coil life. Back on the OG NRG, they sucked. Now, with mesh coils, the life is also improved. They aren’t the BEST out there, but I was in the 20-30ml range with the sweet liquids I used. Based on how I vape, this is the average I see amongst most coils in the industry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TANK PROS

• Matches the mod perfectly

• Finish and machining is well done

• All seals feel to be just right

• Refill port is plenty big

• Baby beast coil compatible (so many coils this size)

TANK CONS

• Coil life is only average amongst the industry

• Coils are a bit airy

PHOTO GALLERY

NPy4h3P.jpg

z13HgdF.jpg

vk4NEQ1.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I could probably copy and paste my entire Gen review final thoughts here. The Gen S is nothing new. If you have a Gen, the only reason for the S is a new color

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? As much as I don’t see this as a new mod, the Gen is still a really great device. I dig it, many do. It’s worth having around for sure. The only gripe I really have is that they are releasing this and acting like it is something new, when all we have here are new colors and a new tank. I think this mod deserves some praise, but I also hate when companies beat a dead horse repeatedly. All I am going to say is the Gen is a good mod. If you don’t have one, snag a Gen S and have some new colors and an alright tank. If you already have a functional Gen, no real perks to this one!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Love the textured coating still

• New colors are always fun

• Still has the excellent AXON chip

• Easy to use

• Tank is alright, making for a good complete kit
CONS

• THEY STILL HAVEN’T DITCHED THE GOLD ACCENTS!

• It seems really to release this as a new device when it’s just more colors and a different tank

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. Seeing these online for about $55 US (£42 in UK).

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors