Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Ladon Kit by Smoant

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Ladon Kit by Smoant. FInally, I am back to reviewing a full kit from a company! It feels like forever, but here we are. The Ladon is a dual 18650, 225w device with a compact form factor, interesting styling and the kit comes with the Ladon sub-ohm tank. I will go over all of the ins and outs as usual and toss my final thoughts down at the bottom. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me Sourcemore for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Ladon 225w Mod

• Ladon Sub-ohm tank

• 1 .16-ohm mesh coil

• 1 .15-ohm dual mesh coil

• 6mL bubble glass

• 4mL straight glass

• Spare parts bag

• Paperwork

Available in silver, black, red/black, and rainbow

STOCK SHOT
v7Mi0Js.jpg

PACKAGING
oM34N9V.jpg

UNBOXED
C1tb2RW.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 91.5mm x 46.9mm x 29.5mm

Battery: Dual 18650

Power Range: 1-225w. scrolls in .1-watt increments

Other features: TC, wattage, and all of the normal protections. Fits a 25mm atomizer with the little bump out they have on top

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Rainbow…. yeah… SO I got a rainbow kit to review. Sure looks pretty, but not my jam. Also a major fingerprint magnet. However, I really like what I see on the face of this one. For styling, they have this mesh looking plate on the front that breaks up the solid color and lets the body style shine through. Pretty neat how it was done and looks sharp and adds grip. Around the back, my model is covered in what feels like skateboard grip tape. Looks good and is functional. Never seen it before, but the added grip on a polished device like this is appreciated. It is smooth enough to slide in and out of a pocket too. One of the last features that jumps out at me is the USB-C port at the bottom of the face. While I don’t condone charging in a mod, it is a nice touch and if firmware revisions are rolled out, it is a solid connection that will last longer than micro-USB. I spoke too soon as there is one more feature that jumps out, it’s small. The body on this one reminds me of something like the Innokin Proton or Vaporesso Revenger. Super compact, but still able to house dual 18650s. It makes it very pocketable and easy to grab on the go.Also, like the revenger, the back has a removable panel for battery insertion which is held on magnetically. It reveals enough of the battery to simply snag them right out of there. Battery orientation is marked in white for easy viewing.

OPERATION

Digging deeper into how to run this one and I found it to be pretty bare bones. No big menus, nothing too fancy. It has a single color display, which is clear and shows all of the information required. It kind of reminds me of the OBS Bat mod which I reviewed a while back. With everything clearly pointed out, operation is easy to figure out by just playing around, but if you do get stuck, Smoant includes a book that is well laid out and easy to follow.

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off

• Pressing up and down together locks out the device. It won’t fire in lock mode

• Press the fire button 3 times will highlight the mode in the top left corner

• VW - Variable Wattage

• DVW Mode - curve mode basically, but kind of funky to navigate

• Ni - TC for Nickel

• Ti - TC for Titanium

• SS - TC for Stainless Steel

• TCR - TC with manual coefficient setup

• The book even offers starting points for various TCR coefficients to start out at which is really cool

That’s about all you need to know. It doesn’t have crazy menu systems or hidden menus. It is very easy for anyone to play around with and like I said…. the book is well written if you do need to get an assist.

USEAGE

Alright, so we know how to use it, let’s vape it. FIrst off, all of my testing was completed in wattage mode. I don’t vape in TC, and ran out of my usual 24awg stainless round wire that I always test with. I know that Smoant in the past has offered up solid TC, so I have no doubts that this would do well also. Besides that, with TCR, one could MORE THAN LIKELY adjust this on their own and get it nailed. Now onto the vaping…. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. It puts out solid power every time, and I never had issues with operation. It even appears to be real efficient, as I felt batteries just kept chugging along while still offering a solid output.

Along with the kit comes a Ladon sub-ohm tank. It comes with single and dual mesh coils. As expected, the single mesh has a more open draw while the dual mesh is a bit more restricted. In terms of flavor and vapor production, these are very close, but I preferred the dual coil over the single for smoothness and feel of the draw. I also experienced some BAD leaking with the single coil just one day into use. The dual coil never leaked a drop all the way until the end, where it burned up after 70mls of cloud nerds liquid. The tank itself works as good as any other sub-ohm tank on the market offering good flavor, 6ml of capacity, and a slick refill system with a spring loaded pivoting top. It literally flies open and has a large hole for refills. Only gripe with the tank is that the bubble glass was essentially fused to the top o-ring so I couldn’t change it out of fear that it would crack. That, combined with the single coil leaking kind of stinks, but at least the tank performs decently.

PHOTO GALLERY

TbnnmGF.jpg

8FAFwDp.jpg

AN0fcfi.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so after 3 weeks of using this I am so happy to see Smoant back in the mod game again. This is a solid performer with a compact size, simple operating system, and great performance. It also looks different than many mods out there and has some nice color options. I think I jumped into this with extra positivity due to the lack of kits like this, but regardless, it’s a good mod that deserves some praise. There are very few gripes I have when it comes to this device. Let’s just go from the top down. At the top you have a platform for the atomizer. Even though the mod could handle a larger atomizer, this limits to about a 25mm tank while still looking nice on top. Next thing that is a little odd is that old school screen. So many companies have sharp looking color displays, but this looks 4 years old. Next con is the fingerprint happy nature of my rainbow model. It always looked dirty...like always. Last con is the clashing button colors. Mine came with red buttons and these just don’t jive. Looks fine on other models, but with the rainbow, these should be black only. All in all, the cons that I have are not deal breakers and this is a mod that I can see a lot of people deeply enjoying. Welcome back to the mod game Smoant!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I would snag one if the price is right, but it wouldn’t be rainbow.

PROS

• Compact size

• Solid power output

• Centered 510 for the win

• Easy to use

• Battery terminals marked in white

• Solid back battery door with easy battery removal

• Comes in some nice color options that I dig

• Included tank works well for a starter kit

• Well written manual

CONS

• Rainbow model is a fingerprint magnet

• Red buttons stand out and may not be your jam

• Tank had one bad coil, leaked almost right away (dual was great)

• .1-watt increments is for the birds

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Sourcemore for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $70.90 or £56.47 in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so after 3 weeks of using this I am so happy to see Smoant back in the mod game again. This is a solid performer with a compact size, simple operating system, and great performance. It also looks different than many mods out there and has some nice color options. I think I jumped into this with extra positivity due to the lack of kits like this, but regardless, it’s a good mod that deserves some praise. There are very few gripes I have when it comes to this device. Let’s just go from the top down. At the top you have a platform for the atomizer. Even though the mod could handle a larger atomizer, this limits to about a 25mm tank while still looking nice on top. Next thing that is a little odd is that old school screen. So many companies have sharp looking color displays, but this looks 4 years old. Next con is the fingerprint happy nature of my rainbow model. It always looked dirty...like always. Last con is the clashing button colors. Mine came with red buttons and these just don’t jive. Looks fine on other models, but with the rainbow, these should be black only. All in all, the cons that I have are not deal breakers and this is a mod that I can see a lot of people deeply enjoying. Welcome back to the mod game Smoant!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I would snag one if the price is right, but it wouldn’t be rainbow.

PROS

• Compact size

• Solid power output

• Easy to use

• Well written manual

CONS

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Sourcemore for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $70.90 or £56.47 in the UK.

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.
Good one. Yeah I hate when the glass is stuck like that. Sometimes, sure you've done it anyway, wearing a rubber glove gives it grip twisting traction without needing to use actual grip pressure which freaks me out as I imagine myself crushing into a handful of glass!
But I recently got a Smok TFV16 which had some oily stuff all around and on the seals, all of them. I couldnt find out if it was there on purpose to stop that glass fusing seal thing or just oil residue from machining. It struck me though that it was only on the seals.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

PROS

• Compact size

• Solid power output

• Easy to use

• Well written manual

CONS

Post doubled up. Hey, I have a Naboo mod, love the way it fires crazy fast. Does the Ladon do that?

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good one. Yeah I hate when the glass is stuck like that. Sometimes, sure you've done it anyway, wearing a rubber glove gives it grip twisting traction without needing to use actual grip pressure which freaks me out as I imagine myself crushing into a handful of glass!
But I recently got a Smok TFV16 which had some oily stuff all around and on the seals, all of them. I couldnt find out if it was there on purpose to stop that glass fusing seal thing or just oil residue from machining. It struck me though that it was only on the seals. Cleaned it off of course.
Anyway, good review.
Thanks for reading... I'll probably toss it in the freezer and try to remove with gloves now that its tested... just to see

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors