Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Swag II by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be going over the Swag 2 by Vaporesso. The Swag 2, as the name suggests is the follow up to the original Swag. That device was similar in many ways, but this time around, you get a few mild changes. The Swag 2 comes with the Axon chip, which many may recall from the Gen mods from Vaporesso. You also get that oh so comfortable rubberized finish, which also was introduced on the Gen. Other than that, this is a single 18650 device which goes up to 80 and can accommodate a 25mm atomizer. The kit includes the NRG PE tank which I will also discuss. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vaporesso Swag II Mod
  • 1 NRG PE Tank w/ 3.5mL straight glass
  • 1 GT4 .15-Meshed coil (rated 50-75w)
  • 1 .5-ohm GT CCELL coil (rated 25-35w)
  • Spare O-rings
  • Micro USB cable
  • Paperwork

- Available in red, blue, silver, and black.

STOCK SHOT
uh3JZW9.jpg

PACKAGING
M6gFNxe.jpg

UNBOXED
fhYqYxE.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

• Measurements – 50mm x 25mm x 75mm
  • Range – 5-80w
  • Battery – Single 18650
  • Atomizer Compatibility – 25mm without overhang

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The Swag 2 is a sharp looking device out of the box. It has a curved body and that lovely rubberized coating, which combine to be something that feels excellent in hand. The device has no rattles and feels solid, all while remaining lightweight. The NRG tank offers up a matchy matchy pairing with a knurled design at the base which blends in with the textured grip of the devices body. The display is the same as what we saw on the Gen mod, but with up and down buttons on the side, with up being up and down being down, so they didn’t screw the pooch on that one. Just like on the gen, there is a small button under the screen which acts as an enter button, which makes navigation that much easier. The battery is inserted via a screw cap bay. This is clearly marked both inside the cap and inside the device, so they did well there also. Once the battery is inserted, I found that there is no battery rattle with this device. Let’s move on to running the thing.

OPERATION

If you have used a Vaporesso Gen or seen a review for it, you essentially already know how to use this device. I am simply copy and pasting my Gen review operation right here as the chip is the same, except with an 80w cap.

MENU BREAKDOWN

Pulse mode – Vaporesso claims this boosts flavor, but that is just another word for a simple to use wattage mode.

• Power Eco mode – helps conserve battery
  • STC Mode – Smart TC – Automatically detects coil and runs in TC
  • DIY Mode – This mode has several modes within
    • Wattage – Soft, Medium, hard preheat
    • TC – Ti, Ni, SS, Memory1 – all have adjustable TCR and preheat up to 220w
    • Variable Voltage – 0-9V adjusted in .01V increments
    • CCW – Wattage curves mode
    • BP – Bypass mode
    • SP – Super player Mode – supports resistance to the full range of .03-5 ohms

System Set – Misc. Settings
  • Puff Counter
  • Brightness
  • Flip Screen Orientation
  • Auto On/Off
  • Default – Reset entire device
  • Version – Firmware/Hardware info

HOW IT VAPES

You know how to run it, so how does it vape? The majority of my testing was done with the included NRG PE tank, and I found that they pair up well together. The tank coils are sized in a fashion which allows the Swag 2 to adequately power the coils without being pushed to its limits. When battery gets lower than 40% though, I found a significant drop off in power, which forced me to swap the battery at that point. With the GT Mesh coil, I found the flavor to be quite good, with coil life being right up there with the average for mesh coils. The CCell coil is great for higher mg liquids and also allows one to run this single 18650 device for a longer time, due to the lower wattage levels required. This too has decent flavor and life, but does take some time to break in. Overall, as a kit, it does well, without being too complicated or wacky. Power output feels about right, as long as the battery is at a point where it can provide the voltage needed. I dabbled with temp. control and stainless-steel wire and found that I could not get it to do a damn thing but apply a tiny bit of power. I found this odd, as I was able to get a decent vape in TC with the Axon chip on the Gen, so maybe this just needs more playtime than I want to give it.

NRG PE TANK REVIEW

I pretty much already went over how this performs on this device. Flavor is decent, but nothing mind blowing, and it has 3.5ml of capacity, which is not terrible since it is paired with a lower power mod. One thing that I do enjoy about this tank is the assembly. The top has a swivel to fill design like something Smok has done for years, but they made it so it could be threaded off for easy cleaning and maintenance of the seal. I used both coils until they were end of life, and neither of them leaked all over so that is also a win. There were still a few things that I did not like about it. For one, the 510-drip tip is proprietary and covers a lip on the top of the atomizer. Other 510s are compatible, but they don’t cover the lip as well, thus creating an overhang or a pedestal look to the drip tip. Another con is the air flow. It is SUPER airy for a small tank, and I ran the thing half open with mesh and ¼ open with the CCell coil. This makes the CCell feel starved for air in a way that just doesn’t feel right. All in all, it isn’t a terrible atomizer, but there are better ones out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TANK PROS

• Decent flavor
  • Good coil life
  • Easy tear down for cleaning
  • Matches the mod well

TANK CONS

• Top cap has a lip where the 510 sits
  • Air flow is a bit too much for the lower power the coils run

PHOTO GALLERY

SWAG 2 ALBUM
XK92xrC.jpg

gCQTPg5.jpg

8yBVvLU.jpg

v54MAYd.jpg

N5e69GX.jpg

yexa2hj.jpg

8yACAlV.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FINAL THOUGHTS

Ok, so I have covered everything I need to so what are my final thoughts. Let’s keep it simple. I like the size, feel, and chip that is in this device. It is a sharp looking kit that is highly portable and has several features with the Axon chip. I don’t like the fact that this is a single 18650 device which tends to fizzle out as the battery dwindles. I found myself bringing an extra battery to work with me just to keep on vaping. Sure, the battery life would last, but the performance dropped out when the battery was low which causes the atomizer to suffer. All in all, this is a nice compact starter kit that any new vapor would enjoy. It has good flavor and is build well. As a long-time vapor, I don’t have much desire for single 18650 devices anymore, even if it keeps the size down. Other than the curvy and sensual feel of the new shell and a decent chip, this doesn’t appear to be much better than other single 18650s from let’s say 2-3 years ago (Smok AL85, Vaptio Spiderman thing, or the iJoy Capo 100).

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? Nope, let it burn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Compact Size
  • Looks great
  • Axon chip is a win
  • 25mm fit on top
  • Great for beginners

CONS

• 18650 single battery doesn’t do it for me
  • Seems dated with this body style
  • TC performance struggled when testing

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for roughly $50.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought this was going to be 21700 mod. No wonder when I saw a size comparison, they looked close to the same size. I like Pico styled mods for being compact. Everyone seems to love the Gen chip so this is nice.

Reminds me of Geekvape Aegis Solo. They could've made that a 2X700 too. Some people think the dropped the ball when they made it single 18650.

Gracias Señior Pizza.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors