Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Twister by Freemax

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Twister kit by Freemax. The Twister is a variable wattage, stick style device, which features a built in 2300mah battery, and comes with the Fireluke 2 tank on top. Just to spice things up a bit, each of these comes with a wild graffiti pattern to separate the styling from the vast group of stick style devices out there. These loud designs might not be for everyone, but assuming you are reading this review, I have a feeling they jumped out to you. Let’s get right to it.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Freemax for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Freemax twister battery
  • 1 Fireluke 2 tank
  • 1 .15-ohm single core mesh coil
  • 1 .20-ohm dual core mesh coil
  • 1 Spare bubble glass
  • 1 USB cable
  • Paperwork

Available in several graffiti themes including black, space black, orange, red, green, and blue.

Packaging
7cR32wU.jpg

Out of Box
V6PeXp8.jpg

Stock Shot
pmdNcBt.jpg

OPERATION

With Freemax’ first device release (that I know of), they elected to keep things simple. All you are presented with is a fire button, a usb port, and a dial across the bottom of the device for adjusting wattage. In traditional fashion, 5 clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off, and it features an LED surrounding the button that will illuminate to indicate power on/off, various faults, and battery indication. Like many other simplistic devices, the battery is represented by various colors. Green means the battery is between 65-100%, yellow is 30-65%, and red is 0-35%. What sets the Twister off from many simple, fixed voltage stick type devices is the ability to change the wattage. The base of the atomizer features a dial, where you can TWIST the knob to adjust the output between 5 and 80w. Everything is kept simple with this and makes it great for beginners to become perfectly comfortable using in no time.

HOW IT VAPES

We all know that the Fireluke Mesh tank was a groundbreaking atomizer last year. It introduced us to mesh in a way we never tasted before and really kicked off the mesh coil game. I give Freemax credit on reviving the sub-ohm tank market with the Fireluke Mesh tank. What you get with the Twister is the new Fireluke 2, which is essentially a Fireluke M tank, with a few minor tweaks, and bubble glass. It is compatible with the same checker-patterned mesh coils as its predecessor. As expected, the flavor doesn’t disappoint, and the immediate ramp time of the Twister makes the whole experience that much better. I can safely say that I have not tested another stick-style device that gave me the satisfaction this provided right out of the box. I used both the single and double core mesh coils and found that the dual edged the single out by just a hair, but both perform well. Coil life is the same as we have seen with previous Fireluke mesh coils, and I got roughly 40ml of sweeter e-liquid through them before the cotton started to break down and flavor was starting to taste burnt and even experienced some leaking at this point. So, the tank performs well, but how about the mod? At first, I was super impressed with the thing. It ramped up in no time, and I had zero gripes. However, after more time with it, I found the battery to be a little undersized, and that that battery indication did not inform me soon enough that the battery needed charging. I would be vaping it on yellow, all good and above 30%, but then it would go red. Once it went red, I could only get a handful of puffs before it wouldn’t fire at all. What started out as an awesome experience faded slightly as I hoped this would be a device, I could take with me for a full day of work. Sadly, that isn’t the case.

PHOTO GALLERY

SHCYd4C.jpg

IzxwZp2.jpg

Gu0UR5C.jpg

b2Xu9bR.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I pretty much covered my thoughts on this with how it vapes. The tank is good, and provides excellent, saturated flavor. Refilling via the sliding top never presented an issue, as the hole is big enough for all my bottles, and the way they align an air hole when slid open helps air escape the tank when filling. Small perk, but these come with a nice resin drip tip as well. Some of the only gripes I can come up with on the tank is the leaking I started to get when the coils were at the end of their life. Overnight, I would tip the mod with a paper towel ready to pour out a fair amount of juice. The Twister itself only has a couple of cons that actually matter. The first is the battery life. At 2300mah, it just wasn’t enough to get all the way through my work day and I found myself charging it up midway through the day. The next con is also on the battery, and it’s the indication. Green is good, yellow is ok, and red is pretty much dead. I would have liked to get a little more warning before it is totally dead, but I got used to paying more attention and charging more often so it wasn’t that big of a deal. The last con I will bring up is their design and marketing. This industry is scrutinized deeply right now for catering to kids and something like this seems like it is designed for a younger generation. With graffiti patterns and colorful packaging, they definitely jump out. They also included lots of promotional products with my sample. Stickers, booklets, posters, and even retro-90s snap bracelets. The last thing I need is my young kids wearing vape related snap bands to school, and just narrowly dodged that one. I think their design is probably the biggest factor in if people will be interested in this device. If you like how they look, I don’t think I could sway you away. If you don’t like them, then you don’t like them. The stick market is a dense one right now, so hopefully I provided enough information to differentiate this from competitive devices.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? 50/50 on this. I don’t normally gravitate towards a stick device. I normally use 2 battery mods with tanks as it’s just how I roll.

PROS

• Great Flavor
  • Adjustable Wattage
  • 5ml tank capacity
  • Coils are readily available all over the place

CONS

• Battery life
  • Battery indication
  • Leaking as coils degrade
  • Loud marketing

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Freemax for sending it my way for review. I am seeing the kit online for roughly $40.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors