Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Mod Review - The Subvertor by Vapor Storm

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the 200w Subvertor box mod by Vapor Storm. This is one of their more recent releases to hit the market. It features 200w of max power, runs of dual 18650s, and is made entirely out of a lightweight plastic. Let’s dive down and see what I think of it shall we?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by HeavenGifts for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vapor Strom Subvertor 200w mod
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Red/Black, Yellow/Orange, Green/Black, and 3 colorful patterns.

PACKAGING
cfLGzlr.jpg

OUT OF BOX
ygs6Jm4.jpg

STOCK SHOT
bfKEXJi.jpg

FEATURES

The Subvertor, like I said above is a 200w box mod that is powered by 2-18650 batteries. The batteries are installed via a magnetic side battery door and removed via the old-fashioned ribbon in the battery tray. Everything is held together solid and the box has little to no rattle what so ever. The body of the device is made of plastic, so it is light as a feather, but still feels solid. It accommodates atomizers up to 25mm without overhang and the 510 pin is quite springy.

OPERATION

This device is very straight forward and easy to navigate. 5 clicks of the fire button will power the device on and off. Pressing the down button and fire together will lock the wattage or temp and pressing this again will unlock. Pressing the fire button 3 times enters the menu system. Within this menu system you will see three modes.

• POWER
  • CURVE
  • TC

These modes are as simple as they sound, and it has nothing else beyond that. I don’t know why it does it, but the wattage or temp setting changes color depending on the range you are set to when firing. The manual that came with this is nice and clear and tells you everything you need to know, so I give them a pro for that.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

8JEas9g.jpg

6Mvb0hs.jpg

OspOMgq.jpg

LOWZ6Xj.jpg

syAgnLm.jpg

65pX6yX.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

For the most part, I tested this as a straight wattage device because that’s how I prefer to vape. It fires very quick and provides solid power based on feel. I ran this up to 150w and it never seemed to falter in any way. I used this with rdas around 100w and it ramped up quickly and felt solid. However, this one is a no-go for TC fans out there. I attempted some TC tests with it set to SS and TCR with a dual SS build in a rda. I couldn’t get it go put any voltage out what so ever. I played around with TCR settings, and ensured the RDA was secure, but found the resistance to jump all over the place during this test. I didn’t see this when running in wattage mode at all, but it seemed to be looking at the resistance too much in TC and it led to no voltage output at all. I am seeing some firmware updates on their site for both of the mods they make so it is nice to see a company that offers some support after the sale of their devices. I haven’t tested the update to see if it changes much, but I may.

FINAL THOUGHTS

This one if a tough call to make for me. There are things I like about it and things that I don’t. Let’s start out positive. I love the lightweight body of the device. It is portable, but still feels solidly built even though it is plastic. The fire button feels nice and clicky and it ramps up nice and quick in wattage move. As a wattage device, it vapes just fine, and the display is nice, colorful, and clear. I also like the simplicity of the device, as it won’t confuse new users. Even if there is confusion, the manual is well done to help clear the air. Now let’s jump into some cons. To start out, I don’t like the open view of my batteries. Often times it clashes with the design of the mod when the batteries are some other color. Another con must be the TC performance, as the performance was ZERO performance. If it doesn’t work, just take it out of the thing and really simplify the device. The last con is minor but caught me a few times. The up and down buttons are backwards to my way of thinking. Push the button that is UP on the display and it will take wattage down, and vise versa. SOOO, do I recommend this mod? To me it is just another box mod. It serves a decent purpose for a cheap, lightweight, and portable device that offers dual battery power and battery life. However, there are a ton of box mods out there that might offer a bit more bang for your buck here.

THE OVEN TEST

If this device went into the oven, would I go out and get another one? No

PROS

• Lightweight
  • Solid
  • Fires quickly
  • Low price point

CONS

• Open side panels reveal batteries (not a good look in my opinion)
  • Did not operate in TC
  • Plastic box mods always have that feel of cheap, even though they can be solid
  • Up/Down buttons are backwards

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to HeavenGifts for sending it my way for review. This one is going for about $45 online.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors