Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod/AIO Review - The PM30 by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Target PM30 by Vaporesso. This is the latest entry in the Target PM series by Vaporesso. FIrst we had the PM80 with built-in battery, next we had the PM80se w/ external 18650, and now we have this, a compressed version with a new pod style and built-in 1200mah battery. The new pods bring back the push to fill system, but they still work with Vaporessos GTX line of coils. While the previous entries were more like a mod/tank replacement, this is more entry level and designed for beginners through and through. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Target PM 30 1200mah battery

• 1 Target pod on device

• 1 Spare pod in box

• 1 .6-ohm gtx coil

• 1 1.2-ohm gtx coil

• USB C charging cable

• Paperwork

Available in silver/carbon, black/carbon, blue/carbon, black/red, black/green, and purple(rainbowish)

STOCK SHOT
B5zRUdt.jpg

PACKAGING
vLg1TFD.jpg

UNBOXED
hxmDExt.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 117.1mm x 26.7mm x 22mm

Battery: Built-in 1200magh

Power Range: 58-25w depending on the coil installed

Capacity: 3mL

Other features: LED indicator for battery level, 3 level power adjustment

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Another day, another PM mod so it seems. These things just keep on getting tweaked and adjusted, and now we have a smaller version yet. Looks like Vaporesso is attempting to cover all facets of vaping with this line of devices for sure. This iteration is smaller, simpler, and designed for beginners. It doesn’t have a display, it has generic functions, and it has a different fill system. I like the styling on this, as it is subtle, clean, and has some really nice color options to fit most people’s preferences. Some obvious things that jump out right away are the lack of a screen, smaller size, and a USB-C charging port. It kind of reminds me of the podstick more than the other Target PM devices, and could almost be like a podstick V2.

OPERATION

Like I have said a couple of times, this one is more simple. No display, so you will have to revert to color leds for all information.

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off

• 3 clicks of the fire button changes the wattage output, which is skewed depending on the coil within.

With the .6-ohm coil the LEDs are as follows:

• Green - 25w

• Blue - 22w

• Red - 20w

With the 1.2-ohm coil the LEDs are as follows:

• Green - 12w

• Blue - 10w

• Red - 8w

The LEDs also indicate battery level when firing as follows:

• Green - 70-100%

• Blue - 30-70%

• Red - 0-30%

Once it hits red, it is time to find a charger as there aren’t a lot of puffs left in the tank. When it does get low, charging via USB-C is always a win. I don’t know the amps of charging, but it seems like about 30 minutes and you are back up and running again. Super simple device to use. Great for a beginner.

USEAGE

Diving deeper into how the thing is to use, I found it to be quite convenient. The push to fill system works well with all of the bottles I tried. If you still use dropper bottles, Vaporesso includes a small refill bottle for on the go as well. Like previous PM devices, the pod is held securely with magnets, so it won’t go flying out on it’s own. Now unlike previous PM devices, the airflow is back to what it was on the Podstick, with a gap along the topside for air to enter. This is non adjustable, so you get what you get. Vaping the device though isn’t a lot different than the other PMs, with the biggest change being a more restricted draw. I would say that the draw is similar to closing off half of a PM80 or so, give or take? Since it uses the same coils and runs them in their recommended wattages, the vape you get off this isn’t that much different honestly. I used the .6-ohm coils in the PM80 at 25w, and it doesn’t seem much different on the green setting of the PM30. There is some added warmth with the reworked airflow, but all in all, very close. Vaporesso is really sticking to these GTX coils, so it seems many devices coming out will be using them. This is great, as they should be stocking up everywhere that you obtain coils from, making it easy to use all PM devices.

In regards to the smaller battery of the PM30, I had no real issues. I could get through a full day on one pod and one full charge. Granted, this was very close, and some days I added some liquid and topped off the battery, but most days it was all good for how often I vape at work. Took this out with me for a night with Mrs Pizza Dave, and it lasted all night with no issues with liquid capacity or battery.

PHOTO GALLERY

hxmDExt.jpg

Oq69uyz.jpg

rvsq6pc.jpg

gdcrBqO.jpg

sl94J85.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so after a couple of weeks playing around with it, what do I think? Well, I think it’s a solid release from Vaporesso. The PM80 and PM80se are rather powerful for a beginner. With all of the settings that have, they could also be confusing for something who is just starting. This one takes all that confusion away, keeps things simple, and just works. I like the compact size, color options, easy operation, and USB-C charging port. I even like the push to fill system, as it is relatively mess free and super quick to top off on the go. The GTX coils have proven to be decent. They put out good flavor, decent vapor products (quite a bit for a pod), and they last quite a while. There are also a lot of coils for this out there since it is now in 4 devices and counting. I still had a few moments where the GTX coils got a little leaky on me. I found myself dobbing liquid out of the connection point area every couple of days, but it still vaped fine even with the liquid hanging out in there. All in all, I think this is a decent pod for something starting out. I even tossed my RBA coil in (with .8-ohm round build) and rocked it for a few days that way without any issues. Since this device basically puts out 3.8v on Green, that was a nice 17w vape on this, so win win there. I think of all the smaller pods Vaporesso has done though, this may be my favorite. I liked the podstick and Extra, but I dig the look and compact nature of this one a bit more. Flavor also is a bump over those by a bit. Good device, nice work Vaporesso.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? If you have been reading for a while, you know I hardly ever say yes to this question in regard to pods. Once again, I would say no. I could live without this. A new pod will be out next week and they somehow keep getting better. Been a while since I have had an absolute stinker of a pod.

PROS

• Good flavor

• Lots of coils on the market

• Nice color options

• Smooth restricted lung (loose mtl) draw

• Adjustable output

• 3 stage battery indication

• Compact size

• Push to fill refill system

CONS

• GTX coils still giving me some leaking fits (come on guys, 60/40 juice shouldn’t leak these days)

• No adjustable airflow and I could see the MTL crowd loving a more choked down vape with the 1.2-ohm coil

Thank you everyone and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for $37.95 US or £30.72 in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors