Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Bident by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Bident pod system by Geekvape. This is their latest pod device, and is a true pod system, with replaceable pods, not coils. This small device has some sleek styling and multiple output modes. I will get into all of it below. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Geekvape for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Bident 950mah device
  • 1 .8-ohm pod
  • 1 1.2-ohm pod
  • 1 USB-C charging Cable

Available in several different colors including Black carbon fiber, Gold w/black carbon fiber, Red w/ red carbon fiber, Silver w/ aurora scheme, Gunmetal w/ magma color scheme, and Rainbow w/ fantasy color scheme.

STOCK SHOT
4VtGc91.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
YF9u5hm.jpg

OUT OF BOX
eHJ0Laz.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box, I was really impressed with how this one looks. I love the feel of the textured carbon fiber in hand and noticed a lot of things I liked. The first was the USB-C charging port, which is always a pro. Secondly, I liked that it is a button fire device, as I have had some bad luck with auto-draw systems over the years. The last thing I noticed that is unique is the pod coils inside, which are two horizontal spaced round-wire coils. A lot to look forward to right out of the gate here.

OPERATION

This pod system is simple to operate but does have a few little quirks you may want to know right away. I didn’t have a manual, so I had to find this information off their site, and with a little bit of educated guesses along the way. First off, it is the typical 5 clicks of the fire button to turn the device on and off. It will flash three times on whatever power setting it is set for. These power settings are changed with 3 clicks of the fire button and indicated as follows.

• GREEN – 3.8v
  • BLUE – 3.6v
  • WHITE – 3.4v

There is no “live” battery indication, rather pressing the fire button twice will indicate. It will flash twice in a color to indicate where it is at. What I gathered from use is the following:

• GREEN – top 1/3 of battery
  • BLUE – Middle 1/3 of battery
  • RED – the device is low and needs charging

I didn’t catch any other battery indicators along the way. I found that the built-in 950 mah battery lasted me all day and was enough for a little over one pod fill per charge. When it comes time to charge, simply plug into the USB-C charge port (which I love), and the 1-amp charging will top this off in about an hour.

PODS

The pods on the Bident are rather unique, and Geekvape knows it. They advertise their uniqueness in the fact that they are one of the first to offer a dual coil pod. The coils can KIND OF be seen in my photo from above, and they are basic micro round-wire coils in a dual horizontal fashion. They also have a lot of wicking down the sides of them to help keep them saturated. Like many pod systems, these are refilled via a rubber plug on the bottom of the coils. The hole is large, so it has no issues with air escaping during refills. Alright, so all of the good, and normal things out of the way, now for some cons. The first con is that the shape of the pod has thin sides, which block the liquid from evenly sitting in the pods. At times, I found that all of the liquid would sit on one side, and it wouldn’t flow over to the other unless I shook them and held over one way while shaking. It didn’t really affect performance, but it was annoying. The second, and most critical point is how they fit in the device. They are held in by friction, but they don’t seat well into the mod. They shake themselves out, and sometimes just pop up at random. I have even had them pop up so frequently that they don’t even make contact and it flashes, indicating no pod. MAJOR fail right here.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

FILL PORT
KNvXCwz.jpg

COILS
Pc7deAc.jpg

yWvMiMa.jpg

RLHX3p1.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

The how it vapes section only really works when the device vapes. I had the pods popping up and off the battery so often that I gotten into the habit of pushing them down every time I picked the device up. When they worked, I found the pods to be decent. The .8-ohm is way to open in my opinion, and just didn’t feel right for a pod system. The 1.2-ohm pod though, was a little better, but still more of a restricted DL inhale than MTL as advertised. I ended up using the 1.2-ohm for most of my testing as the .8-ohm was just not pleasant with higher nic liquids. I tested both with 65/35 25mg salts, and with the DL draw, they are actually too strong for me. I would rather do an MTL draw with that, but it is what is. Flavor from the dual coil pods is actually pretty good and the wicking is some of the best I have seen in a pod. Pod life seems to be in the upper tier of systems these days, as I was able to get 10+ refills out of my 1.2-ohm pod. I had no issues with battery life getting me through the workday either. The variable output is noticeable and is appreciated. I normally ran mine on the blue, 3.6v setting. Having the dual coils definitely showed when it came to vapor production, as this puts out quite a fair amount, not good if you are trying to be stealthy at all. I pretty much stated all my cons with the pods themselves and how they seat in the battery portion. If they had magnets, or clicked in more firm, I think I would have been all in on this pod system. They were SO, so close on making something great here. It is compact, it looks great, the flavor is good, and it has some other nice features to it. It just got SUPER annoying to see the pods pop out like they did, and the draw is just a hair too open. Nice try Geekvape but try again.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Nope, the Bident….is more like the BYE-dent.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Variable output
  • Nice looking
  • Great color options
  • USB-C charging port
  • Mouthpiece fit my lips perfectly (but that may not be for you)
  • Good pod life
  • Squared off base, so it can stand vertical

CONS

• Too airy
  • Probably too cool of a vape for some
  • Pods don’t stay in the device
  • USB port on the bottom, so it lays sideways to charge (not a huge con, but it’s there)

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Geekvape for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for about $30-35.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors