Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Throwback Thursday Review - The Double Barrel V3 by Squid Industries

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. Today I will be going over the Double Barrel V3 by Squid Industries. Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is a super late review. Double barrels have been around forever, and the V3 has been out for like a year or more, but here it is anyway. Deal with it. I will admit, but I pretty much begged to get one of these and Heaven Gifts delivered. Out of respect for their generosity, here is my opinion. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Heavengifts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET
  • 1 Double Barrel V3
  • 1 bag of atomizer protection discs
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, navy blue, champagne grey, army green, copper, brass, stainless steel, and a whole bunch of colorful hydro-dipped models.

STOCK SHOT
DvhDR8q.jpg

PACKAGING
uvaKWCW.jpg

UNBOXED
Q6cOOfS.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 93mm x 42mm x 25mm

Battery: Dual 18650

Power Range: 5-150w

Operating Modes: Variable wattage

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I’ve wanted to get my hands on one of these for a long time. The stars never aligned and it never happened. Now that it’s here, all of my hopes for what this would be were answered. The black model I received is simple, but looks amazingly badass. The smooth curvy body is a joy to hold in my hand, and it was a perfect match for a black black Blotto RTA. You don’t get any extras with this one though. In the box is the mod, a disc to keep paint from scuffing up top, a certification tag, and a simple manual.

OPERATION AND USE

This will take about 2 seconds. The Double Barrel is one of the easiest devices to use. The batteries are inserted through a friction fit bottom door. Markings could be a little clearer, but they are on the door. Once inserted, pressing the fire button 5 times will turn it on. To change the screen orientation, press the fire button 3 times. To adjust the output, turn the dial up or down which has a satisfying clickiness to it. If you want to lock the dial out, press the fire button 4 times to lock, and 4 times to unlock.

Yep, that’s about it. Super easy to use.

PHOTO GALLERY

UIF3ZpQ.jpg

77BO0cf.jpg

85vm2g8.jpg

vpZIoWy.jpg

AeCFSjq.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

So it was a long time coming, but I finally got to try a DBV3. The wait was worth it. Over a year, this device aged very well and I respect the product for its simplicity and function. There aren’t many bells and whistles, but the company has done a lot to perfect their device. The V3 is now 25mm, where the old one was 24. The device is now powder coated vs. paint. I found this is super durable as well, as I dropped mine (I never drop my shit either), and the finish is perfect. Lastly, they sealed the screen area and made it smooth so bottom air flow condensation or a leaky tank won’t ruin the mod. Other things I have noticed from my experience is that it ramps up at a decent pace and is very comfortable to use. The fire button has a satisfying press and it sits in a perfect spot for me. There are only a few things I don’t like about this device. One, it is a bit narrow so it feels tippy. Second, sometimes I didn’t press the fire button quite right and it wouldn’t fire. You have to pretty much press straight in. Lastly, the battery door seems like a weak link. I don’t have issues with mine, but I could see it getting loose over time. Without a latch, this could pose a problem. Even with the few cons mentioned, I really love this device. It is one of my go to mods right now and I can’t seem to put it down. If you ever wanted a double barrel, the V3 is worth every penny in my opinion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? For sure. Price point is super low right now too!

PROS
  • Compact Design

• Easy to use

• Nice feel of the materials and finish

• Accommodates 25mm atomizers

• Good finish and many color options

CONS

• Hinged battery door seems like it could get loose over time

• Narrow device = tippy device

• Fire button sometimes didn’t fire. Not often at all, but something I noticed.

Thank you everyone and thank you to Heavengifts for sending this my way for review. They have them listed for $80 and in stock with most colors.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors