Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Aegis Boost Plus by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review by me, Pizza Dave. Today I will be going over the Aegis Boost Plus by Geekvape. This device is essentially following suit of all other companies with these devices. First comes an AIO, then comes a smaller version, then comes the model current vapers want, using an external battery. We are seeing this a lot these days, and that’s exactly what it is. It is the latest Aegis Boost, which is a little bit bigger and also uses an 18650. I loved the standard Aegis boost, and it’s one of the few devices I keep coils around for and keep on using. It did have some flaws, so let’s see how this one stacks up and get right to it eh?

This was sent to me by Heavengifts for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Aegis Boost plus mod

• 5.5ml pod

• 1 .4-ohm mesh coil

• 1 .6-ohm mesh coil

• 1 Duck-billed 510 tip

• 1 Traditional round 510 trip

• Micro-USB charging cable

• Paperwork

Available in black, red, blue, silver, gunmetal, and rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
vJyYDc2.jpg

PACKAGING
hZ61p84.jpg

UNBOXED
dP5aJfY.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 114.2mm x 49.6mm x 28.6mm

Battery: Single 18650

Power Range - 5-40W

Capacity - 5.5ml

Other features: Fully adjustable wattage output, adjustable airflow, waterproof, shock proof, dust proof.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

First impression time. I want to start off by saying, I always love the look of Aegis devices. The materials, the rugged, almost military look just does it for me. However, it is a bit of a love/hate relationship, as in no time, they tend to look gross. The rubber gets dirty, scuffed, or just wonky in general. This, just like previous Aegis devices, looks amazing out of the box. it has nice lines, the aggressive style, and just looks like a beefier version of the original Aegis Boost. Some things do jump out on it though. First off, with the larger size comes a large pod and different design. It is now 5.5mls, up from the 3.7ml before. The fill port also changed locations and style. This time around too, there is no longer a cover over the end, so what you see is what you get. Airflow looks like a similar design, but look just below that and you will find an updated color display which is larger and shows more information. The up/down buttons have also changed on the Plus model, more than likely a result of a different chip. These few things jump out at me out of the gate, and nothing really negative jumps out. So far, so good.

OPERATION

For a small device, there are quite a few settings to play around with. Let’s get started.

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off

• Up and down buttons change the settings on the mod for the mode you are in

• 3 clicks of the fire button highlights the mode up top and cycling with up and down buttons goes through the following modes:
    • Power

• TC-SS

• TC-TCR

• Power curve mode (VPC)

• Bypass mode
  • Once in a mode, if you hit the fire button, the highlight will drop down so you can adjust resistance or reset the puff counter when highlighting over those respective values

• Fire button and up brightens screen

• Fire button and down dims the screen

• Holding the fire button with up and down together goes into stealth mode. Mod fires, but the screen is off until you press the same combo again.

• Holding up and down together locks out the device. It still fires, but can’t be adjusted.

• To change the color, press the fire button three times to highlight the mode, then press up and down together to cycle between red, green, or blue colors.

If you used an Aegis Legend, this entire menu system would be second nature. It mimics this very closely and it is super easy to pick up and use. It takes some usage to remember these little button combos, but after a couple days, I had it all set where I wanted it and never really touched again.

POD / TANK

The pod on the Boost Plus is a big change from the regular Boost. First off, it now has 5.5mls of liquid instead of 3.7mls. Another change comes in the form of the refill port. This was honestly one of my biggest gripes with the original. The original made it tough to refill without spilling and oftentimes it as vevoerfood but with the new refill being centered on the pod, there are no issues any more.

PHOTO GALLERY

Ji7Jvau.jpg

zo5cNa7.jpg

GALJuKR.jpg

smCsoCd.jpg

c8CUsZn.jpg

NVCob0y.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW IT VAPES

Million dollar question time, how does this vape? I was a big fan of the Boost, but this is a whole different ball game. The coils in this perform amazingly well, and they last a long long time. I was using some sweeter liquids, and I got well over 7 refills before it started to taste weak. That’s pretty amazing in my opinion. Airflow, being adjustable is spot on for how I like to vape. At its most open, its wide open direct lung. When closed way down, it is a restricted lung or loose MTL. I preferred lower mg nic on this, with either a 3 or 6. Salts would probably be too powerful in this with the coils it comes with. I assume some higher ohm coils are available, but out of the box, not good for salts. The thing vapes really good, and I found it easy to want to snag this on the go all the time. Now onto everything else. The Boost Plus checks all the right boxes. Removable 18650 is a win for sure, offering solid battery life and the capability to always be good to go with a fresh battery on the side. Next is the overall look of the device. It still has that signature Aegis style, with nice finishes, solid feel, and the new color screen. Even though it is rugged, it isn’t very heavy at all, so it is a perfect companion for shorts this time of year. Another pro are the drip tip options. You can go with round, or more flat, and if you don’t like either, it’s a 510, so the options are endless. Another pro is the redesigned refill port. No messes this time around, and it’s located in a spot that’s 120ml bottle friendly. The last pro is the coils and flavor. The coils last a long time, I never had major leaking, and the flavor is top notch for a small system. This vapes more like a 40w mesh tank than an AIO, and that’s a good thing. Very few cons popped up for me. First con is that the rubber looks like crap when it is floating around in a pocket. It collects all sorts of dust and is sticky. Another con is that sometimes it seemed to fire a little after I released the button. I don’t think it’s a dangerous device, but the fire button may need to be refined just a little. Last con is that it isn't for MTL people at all. The open draw is super wide and closed off, it is still very loose. It’s fine for DL vapors, but MTL folks will HATE it.

That’s about all I have on this one. It’s a solid AIO, easily dethroning the regular Boost for me. It has so much good going for it that I can’t knock it much at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I would like to say yes. It's one my favorite AIOs right now, and it'll stay there until dethroned by the next one.

PROS

• Good Flavor

• Not leaky (and airflow is separated from battery in the pod better than OG Boost)

• Lots of adjustments and capabilities with the chip

• Color display is pretty and BRIGHT

• 5.5ml capacity lasted me all work day long

• 18650 battery for the win

• Tough Aegis design

• Looks great (mostly)

• Coil life is awesome

CONS

• Rubber coating can look gross as it collects dust and debris

• Airflow is very open for this style device

• Fire button seemed to stick or keep firing here or there (1 in 100 hits)

Thank you everyone and thank you to Heavengifts for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $42.99 or £34.41 of those of you across the pond.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors