Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review? - The SX Auto by Yihi SX Mini

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the SX Auto by Yihi. This device is the latest auto squonker to hit the market, and follows similar devices in the IPV3 Mini and Vsticking VKSMA. Both of those devices had the same, or at least similar, chipset within and worked upon the same principle. This principle is to have a pod style device, which pumps liquid from a tank in the device up to an RDA style atomizer head. In the case of the SX Auto, there is also an RDA available, making for a budget friendly rebuildable device for on the go. I already review the VKSMA recently, so let’s get right to it and see how this stacks up!

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to my by Yihi for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET
  • 1 SX Auto Device

• 1 0.2ohm SX-ADA Atomizer

• 1 0.8ohm SX-ADA Atomizer

• Drip tip silicone cover on each ADA

• 1 Micro-USB Cable

• Paperwork
Available in black/carbon, gunmetal/carbon, antique bronze, antique copper, antique black. All of the “antique” options essentially have that classy pattern engraved in the sides as seen in my copper model.

GROUP SHOT
yJbNOhN.jpg

PACKAGING
aHR1FnR.jpg

UNBOXED
roobcb4.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________
  • Measurements: 81.8mm x 48mm x 20.3mm
  • Battery: 1400mah
  • Power Range: 5-35w
  • Capacity: 3.5mL
  • Other features: Auto squonking design with a tank on the bottom which automatically pumps liquid to the ada/rda.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

WOW. These are really some amazing looking devices. They have the look and feel of a high dollar device. FIt and finish is excellent and I really couldn’t believe how nice these are, but with them being Yihi it should be almost expected. Other than how they look, the device is very familiar. This is essentially the same thing as the IPV and Vsticking that were previously released. Small screen, compact size, 3.5mL bottle that pulls out the bottom, and some tiny RDA looking atomizers. In this one’s case, it also came with an RDA for a single coil, but I will get more into that down below.

OPERATION

This one operates VERY similar to the Vsticking VKSMA. The chipset appears to be the same, except Yihi has worked on several aspects of this to perfect its operation. There is even a firmware update which came out yesterday. This update is designed for better control of the pump speeds. I don’t notice a massive difference from factory, but it is nice to see that they are continually working to improve it. The chipset, being a Yihi, is a bit wonky to get used to. Luckily, the manual that came with this spells things out rather clear. There is one change when it comes to DIY and Auto Mode, but I will cover that now as well. Anyways…… Here is is

• 5 clicks of the fire button will turn the device on. It is turned off in the menu.
  • Presseing up and down together, when in Auto Mode, switches over to DIY.
  • Pressing up and down together, when in DIY Mode, automatically detects resistance. Auto must be turned off in the menu.
  • Lock or unlock the device with 3 clicks of the fire button. This locks out all operation.
  • Press the up or down button to turn the pump speed up and down. If you hold up or hold down, it will manually pump liquid up or down.

MENU

• Click the fire button 5 times and it fires up a menu which will then have the following
  • Power level - Cycle through P1, P2, or P3 power level
  • Ni .2-ohm ADA SS .8-ohm ADA​
    • P1=15-20w P1=10.5-12w
    • P2=25-30w P2=12.5-13.5w
    • P3=30-35w P3=14-16w
  • Temperature - Adjust vape temperature here
  • Click on the little arrow and you get to more menu options.
    • Units - Celsius or Fahrenheit
    • Shutdown - Turn off Device
    • Update - Click this to update firmware
    • When in DIY Mode you can then adjust the resistance, or keeping cycling and you can change mode back into AUTO.

Once you play with this for a day or two, the menus make sense. The first few times using this are confusing and highly frustrating. It could be cleaned up a little, but it works. Also, once you get it dialed in where you want it, you never have to mess around with this again. DIY mode has more options to fine tune your vape, but the manual spells each of these steps out clearly for you so I am not going to get into that.

ADAS / RDA

The ADAs that come on this are about the same thing as what was with the VKSMA. These essentially look like 16mm rdas, prebuilt, with lots of cotton inside. These are non-rebuildable, and made to fit on top of this device. The ones I received were all a dark tinted color, but the RDA had an Ultem Cap. The .2-ohm runs a warmer than the .8-ohm and was used with 6mg freebase nictone. The .8-ohm runs cooler, and I used this with 35mg nic salts. The both have excellent flavor and perform great. I never had issues with dry hits or flooding, as I was able to dial in the pumping right to where I wanted it. I typically ran this somewhere around 60 on the .2-ohm and 40 with the .8-ohm. This will differ with liquid consistency, so you will have to play with this yourself.

The RDA for this is an excellent option for those who like to build. The build deck is easy to build on and wick. However, it is very difficult to work with in terms of preheating to burn off oils. The device, which has dry hit protection will not allow it, and turns the pump on automatically. I found that I had to stick a piece of long cotton in there, juice it up, then vaporized it, suck liquid down, vaporize it, suck liquid down. Then I would pull the cotton out and wick it the way I wanted to. I wish there was a “BUILD MODE” on the thing where it showed an ohm reading and allowed you to dry fire it. This would make the RDA absolutely amazing, as the way this vapes is top notch. Flavor is good, and wicking keeps up even more than the ADAs, so much so, that I ran the pump down at 20 with the RDA.

PHOTO GALLERY

zR6BYgZ.jpg

JqEA2RE.jpg

vETfmf8.jpg

9QydmqQ.jpg

lomywqZ.jpg

HgUPQGn.jpg

BoRcpIO.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FINAL THOUGHTS

Yihi nailed it. The VKSMA was ok, but I struggled to get the pump dialed in to prevent dry hits. I constantly was manually pumping it up and it was frustrating. That was not the case with the SX Auto. It worked excellent after i fiddled with it for a bit. This thing really impressed me and they hit the nail on the head with several aspects. To start, the flavor is excellent from the ADAs or the RDA. 3.5mL capacity will last you all day, no problem. THe 1400mah battery never seems to die. When it does, it charges in good time, and you are back to vaping for days on end. Build quality is top notch, and these look gorgeous. To gush a little more, these are compact and very pocket friendly also. Now, like most devices, it doesn’t come with its share of cons. The most noticeable is the Yihi way of things. The board is a little confusing and it can be frustrating and rather daunting at first. Once you get into it, you find that it is actually quite simple, but just done in a different way. Another con is that the pin is a proprietary thing, locking you into using their ADAs or the RDA. Not that big of a deal, as we are used to pods specific to a device, but it becomes more of a pain when you build the RDA. They should either have a build mode like I discussed in the above section, or have a 510 adapter so you can build the rda on a different device. I hope they can do something like that in the future. The last con is for my cold weather readers. I live in North Dakota, where it is cold, and vaping must be outside (viewed as smoking). When out in 0 degree weather, the liquid thickened up and the pump was struggling a bit. It still worked, but I think it would be very hard on the motor or not pump at all if it were even colder. Other than these few things, I have no complaints. This is a beautiful device, that vapes really well, and once you get used to it, it makes it hard to care about other pod systems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Easy yes

PROS
  • Great Flavor

• Great looking device

• Innovative auto-squonking design

• RDA option

• Great battery life

• All day capacity

• DId I mention how classy these are?
    ______________________________________________________________________________

CONS
  • Yihi board takes time to get used to

• Building the RDA is kind of a pain in the but with it auto-squonking for dry hit protection

• Cold weather use is not recommended

• I didn’t talk about before, but the buttons are a little spongy

• Micro-usb, should have done USB-C

• High price point for something competing in a pod/AIO market

Thank you everyone and thank you to Yihi for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for about $100-110.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors