Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Target PM80 by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Target PM80 by Vaporesso. This is another one of those pod mods hitting the market, where it essentially offers a tank like vape experience but with the convenience of a pod. I don’t really like the pod mod terminology, so I am just going to call this an AIO. The PM80 offers up 80 of max power, has a built in 2000mah battery, and has a snazzy looking display, all packed into a compact device. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to my by Vaporesso for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vaporesso Target PM80

• 2 4mL pods

• 1 .2-ohm mesh coil

• 1 .3-ohm mesh coil

• 1 Micro USB charging cable

• Paperwork

Available in gunmetal bodies with accent panels of blue, black(carbon fiber pattern), green, brown, and red. There is also a silver model which has a darker pattern on the backside.

STOCK SHOT
7oThyPe.jpg

PACKAGING
YKtvfSd.jpg

UNBOXED
9LM5b4l.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 102mm x 24.8mm x 33.4mm

Battery: 2000mah

Power Range: 5-80w, scrolling in .5-watt increments

Capacity: 4mL (2mL for TPD)

Other features: .96” color screen

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Gorgeous. Yeah, this thing looks really nice. It is compact as heck, but has a lot of stylish accents within. Mine is the green color, and the back has a nice looking swirl of green, purple, and pink printed on a vinyl decal. The body is a glossy gunmetal color, which also looks very nice in my opinion. On of the biggest standouts that I found upon first power up is a great looking screen. It is clear, vibrant, and has tons of information on it, with one of the most notable being a wattage recommendation that pops up when a pod is installed. I could not wait to fill it up and start using this device.

OPERATION

Like many Vaporesso devices, they kept things nice and simple.

• Five clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off.

• Three clicks of the fire button locks out the adjustment buttons (but it will still fire)

• Pressing the fire and down button together displays device information (firmware, chip, yada, yada)

• Pressing the up and down button together will enter a menu with the following:

• VW - Variable Wattage Mode

• VV - Variable Voltage Mode

• Smart VW - Smart wattage mode which automatically sets power based on the coil installed

• Puff - Puff stats and reset

• Theme - Change primary display color in blue, green, or pink

• Default - Reset the device back to factory

• Exit - Yeah….exit

Very simple to use and has plenty of nice features for what the device is.

USEAGE

Alright, so we know how to get around the menu, so let’s start using the thing. FIrst off, coils are inserted with a push/pull action and held in place with o-rings on the coil. To refill the pod, you pop it out of the top, as it is held firmly in place with two large magnets. Then grab on to the rubber plug tab and open. The fill port isn’t massive but I had no issues filling this with all of my standard plastic bottles. Stick the plug back in and wait 15 minutes before you vape it.

I started out with the .3-ohm coil first and stuck some 6mg liquid inside. I ran it at 35-40w and it worked pretty dang good. Flavor was on point, but it was a lot more airy than I thought it would be. WIth fixed airflow, I was stuck with it and vaped it throughout a work day, but barely. The 2000mah battery got me through, right up until the ride home and it was low. The next day, I went to fill it up after a charge and found a massive pool of e-liquid in the base. It was not enough to leak everywhere, but was quite concerning. I wiped it out and filled up the other pod with the .2-ohm coil. This time I went for a 3mg liquid, knowing I would be running it at a higher wattage (I ran at 55w). Good call, as this vaped like a typical mid-range sub-ohm tank. Flavor was on point, and the air flow was airy again. I didn’t mind this airflow with the higher wattage coil, but it would still have been nice to adjust it down a little. I got about half way through my day and the pod was about empty and the battery was at 39%. I found that it seemed to sit at 39% forever, until it died mid afternoon and then showed it was at 15% at rest. I was able to charge it up off my computer and vape it through my work day, but I hated having to charge. I left it sit for 2 days because I forgot to charge it for day 3 of testing. Went back to it, and this had pissed liquid all down the side of the device out the air flow. The pod was completely drained and it made a pool of liquid in my vape cabinet. NEAT! I filled it up anyway and wiped it out and gave it another go for a day. Again, was empty around noon and battery was also recharged at noon to get through the day. My experience was not that great to say the least.

PHOTO GALLERY

pRWlVE9.jpg

h6JrY3U.jpg

74gy5jS.jpg

WIIlKlA.jpg

anf20oF.jpg

NGQ5RcG.jpg

Jc1i0cB.jpg

v9Fsgkh.jpg

IRQB0Yd.jpg

YAVs6g0.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

So yeah… this leaky thing will not get a recommendation from me. Not only did it leak terribly, the battery life sucks. 2000mah just is not enough to support a device that can run at 80w, even if the coils I had were only vapable up to 60w. There are so many things that this does great too, which is a shame. I love how the display shows you what the recommended power for the inserted coil is. I also love the display in general. It is bright and colorful and showed me everything I wanted to know, and then some. The size is also great, and the device feels like it is built well. Also, when it works, the flavor is excellent from the coils. However, I found so many other faults that I didn’t like at all. The leaking is obviously con #1, as this made me test this over a 4 day period and I was over it. I can’t even comment on coil life because I wasn’t going to suffer through that. Another con that is big to me is the battery size. If I can’t get through a full work day without a charge, it is trash in my opinion. I don’t vape THAT much during work and I can get a day out of pretty much every other starter or pod out there. Another con is the non adjustable airflow. It is super airy and I can see many finding it to be way too airy. Some sort of AFC would be a vast improvement. Vaporesso did a nice job with making a nice looking, sturdy device, but it is littered with massive cons that I can’t get over. HARD PASS from me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Let it burn… I would intentionally toss this in the pizza oven.

PROS

• Really good flavor
  • Nice looking device
  • Compact size
  • Nice screen
  • Easy to use
  • One of the nicer rubber stopper refill ports

CONS

• Leaked terribly
  • Non-adjustable airflow
  • Battery is not large enough for an 80w device
  • Didn’t mention before, but with a battery this small, at least make it USB-C with fast charging!

Thank you everyone and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for $25-30 online.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors