Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The Beest RTA by Thunderhead Creations

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by to read another one of my reviews. Today I will be going over the Beest RTA by Thunderhead Creations (THC). This RTA has been out for a while, and I personally have not had a Tauren atomizer, so when I got the chance I dove right in. The Beest is a compact, 24mm, dual coil bottom airflow RTA. It holds 2ml of liquid or 4ml with bubble glass. It doesn’t bring anything too fancy to the table, but it looks purdy, so let’s dive in and see what it’s all about eh?

DISCLAIMER: This was sent to me by Sourcemore for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Beest RTA

• 4.5ml Bubble Glass (made of frosted PC)

• Ultem 810 Drip Tip

• Allen Key

• Spares bag

• Paperwork

Available in black, gunmetal, blue, gold, rainbow, and stainless steel.

STOCK SHOT
mfCXx1z.jpg

PACKAGING
MAlI7Iy.jpg

OUT OF BOX
eGeT95b.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Alright, so what do we have here? For starters, I dig how this came. THC places everything within a metal tube, inside a soft pouch. It is a great presentation and builds excitement up. Ok, so it is out of the box and let’s look this over top to bottom. Up top we have an Ultem 810. Yeah, it’s ultem, gross. Next, we see a nicely knurled design with knurling on the top cap and the AFC. I instantly grabbed the top cap to see how it feels and it surprisingly is glorious. It isn’t a full thread, it isn’t a half thread. It is something in between, and it is butter smooth and satisfying. It also reveals some massive refill ports for your pleasure. At the middle, you will see a factory installed straight 2ml glass. If you want more capacity there is also a 4.5ml bubble section made of PC. Yes, this can crack with citrus liquids, so use with caution. Lastely, down at the bottom is the AFC. It is snug, but not too snug, and is a large oval across both sides.

BUILD DECK

Now that I gave the outside and looksy, it’s time to build. Inside the Beest, you will find a deck that looks a bit unique but not. It is a postless style deck with a halfpipe styled airflow wrapping around. The grub screws are allen, and they come in on the WRONG DAMN SIDE OF THE COILS. Yep, these come in sideways and will more than likely twist and mangle your coil during install, especially if the build is flat. I pre twisted some fused clapton and had no issues with it, but I always hate when even the most simple thing gets messed up on a rebuildable. Once you do get the coil in though, you will find that it is relatively easy there on out. The deck has plenty of room for the builds I went for (3mm fused claptons or twisted flat Badazd coils). Wicking this one also is rather easy. Each side has a large wicking slot to tuck the cotton in place perfectly. I left my cotton up off the bottom quite a bit and I never had issues with leaking or dry hits at all.

AIR FLOW

Nothing too crazy to see here. The Beest has a halfpipe shaped airflow and resembles some other RTAs on the market. This half pipe is also ported with several small holes to smooth it all out. At the base of the RTA are two large openings for adjustment which meet right under the deck and up to the coils. Airflow is smooth, and has a decent range of direct lung level. It isn’t a super airy RTA even when wide open, and it tends to vape rather efficiently at medium wattage ranges from 55-75w.

PHOTO GALLERY

DgCDCjU.jpg

RgqeNiN.jpg

PStkmmQ.jpg

RbH6szN.jpg

P6HwFng.jpg

sn6bIZT.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

After testing out my first THC rebuildable, what do I think? Their presentation and overall packaging is legit. I loved opening the RTA up and it definitely built anticipation up. I like the styling of this one. It isn’t a game changer, and it’s kind of been done before, but they made a decent little RTA here. It seems that most of the rebuildables I am into are massive, so it was refreshing to grab a compact little guy to vape with. Even though there isn’t a lot of WOW factor with the Beest RTA, it executes several aspects very well. For starters, it’s compact, but the bubble still offers 4.5ml of capacity. The top cap has a very satisfying thread count to it, which reveals some massive fill ports. The wicking is a breeze, and it actually vapes pretty well. It is nice to get good performance with less than 70w for sure. However, with all good comes some bad. The most obvious is the build deck screw placement. They come in sideways and are either going to mangle coils or not secure that well. The second thing I don’t like is the Ultem drip tip. This is very 2017 and I am not a fan. Another con is that the bubble glass is made of polycarbonate which is known to crack with citrus flavored liquids. The last con is that it doesn’t offer anything really different. It’s fine, but it doesn’t amaze. It could have been released a couple of years ago and fit right in with that crowd. It’s a decent RTA for what it is, and some of you may love it, I’m just not super impressed or excited by it.

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Meh… let it burn

PROS

• Nice looking atomizer

• Satisfying top cap

• Large fill holes

• Wicking was a breeze

• Airflow is smooth

• Flavor is decent

• Functions well with less power thanks to a smaller chamber

CONS

• Grub screws come in the wrong way

• Ultem 810 is gross

• PC bubble glass more than likely will crack with citrus liquids

• It looks a bit dated and doesn’t have a “wow” factor

Thank you everyone for stopping by and thank you to Sourcemore for sending it my way! If you are interested in snagging this RTA, they have these listed for $40 USD or about $32 for you folks in the UK.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors