Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - Another Combo Review! - The iWu and iStick Amnis by Eleaf

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone, and today I am offering up another weekend two for one special. This review will cover the latest entry level kits by Eleaf. These are the iWu and the iStick Amnis. The iWu is a pod-based system while the Amnis is a more traditional tank/mod, almost pen style setup. These are wildly different, and offer a totally different vape experience, so let’s see where these fit into today’s market and I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom of each section.

Product Disclaimer: The iWu was sent to me by Vape Sourcing. The iStick Amnis was sent to me by Eleaf for review.

2vxByX2.jpg

IWU REVIEW

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Eleaf iWu device
  • 2 iWu Pod cartridges
  • 1 Micro USB cable
  • Available Gold/Green, Black/Red, Blue, Rainbow/yellow, Silver
PACKAGING
mwfSGnu.jpg

UNBOXED
91KplDI.jpg

STOCK COLORS
AqCIxrl.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

I didn’t know much about the iWu prior to receiving it. It is a unique device that has a ton of style and function, and the device overall looks impressive out of the box. Each one comes with a metal outer assembly coated in some flashy, glossy colors. The inner plastic assembly, which contains the battery and pod, slide into this metal shroud and has a sliding system to protect the mouthpiece when not in use. I love how they did this, and to add to the fun, the outer sheaths can be purchased in different colors, so you can mix and match color combinations. The sheath not only adds a unique look, but it gives the device a solid feel in hand rathe than a fully plastic model would.

OPERATION

Beyond the far-out styling of this device is a run of the mill pod system. There are no buttons, no switches. 6 steps to vaping this device:

1. Charge the battery via usb (red led while charging, and off when fully charged)
  2. Slide the battery section out of the jacket
  3. Pop the pod out
  4. Fill up via a side port and insert back into the battery
  5. Wait a few minutes for the coil to saturate
  6. Vape it

That is it. Simple, no frills vaping that makes it great for a starter. A bonus is the LED on the bottom part of the device. This illuminates when vaping and uses a color code to represent the battery level.

GREEN – 60-100%

ORANGE – 30-59%

BLUE – 10-29%

Red - < 9%

I love that it shows battery life in this fashion as it helps alleviate some battery anxiety and always lets you know where the battery level is. As an FYI, I used this as my primary device at work for two days. I got almost all the way through 2 days on one battery charge. At this point, the pod was low, but not fully empty.

HOW IT VAPES

The answer to how it vapes heavily revolves around the liquid used. At first, I was loving the vape of this device using one of my go to nic salt liquids. This is a 25mg 63/35 liquid. Part way through day one, the device stopped working. I had to suck on it ungodly hard to get it to fire, and no matter what I did, this was the case. I swapped the pod out and started up again. I never saw that same issue, but found that just part way through that pod, it wouldn’t keep up and had burnt flavor. I could only assume that this was due to the thickness of the liquid. I emptied the pod and went with some 50/50 liquid I had for testing smaller systems and started vaping again. It kept up just fine with this liquid but is still a let down for me. I would say 90% of the nic salt liquids in my local shops are 65/35, so this greatly limited what I could use in the device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO GALLERY

vaQW8lx.jpg

E7d3CbM.jpg

m95I3Yu.jpg

pbGSesl.jpg

mwfSGnu.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Out of the gate, I was really impressed with this one. I love the look, the changeable outer sheath, the battery life, and love the LED battery indication. However, the fact that I can’t run my 3 favorite nic salt juices due to thickness means it won’t get any use from me. If you have some good 50/50 liquids that you use in pod systems, then I think this would be a good pod system to explore. It has good flavor, battery life got me through 1.5 work days, and I just love the overall feel of it. The wide drip tip feels great on the lips, and the protective sheath keeps the tip a bit cleaner in the pocket. The only con I have is that I couldn’t get it to work with those thicker liquids.

PROS

• Tons of color options
  • Mix n Match outer sheaths
  • Flavor is good
  • Battery life is solid (one full pod)
  • LED battery indication by percentage range

CONS

• 50/50 juice only on this one. Maybe some other 65/35 liquids would work, but I struggled to get it to keep up with them.

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Vape Sourcing for sending it my way for review. They are selling this device for $23.40

https://vapesourcing.com/eleaf-iwu-kit.html

CONTINUED BELOW

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ISTICK AMNIS

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Eleaf iStick Amnis Battery
  • 1 Eleaf GS Drive Atomizer
  • 1 GS AIR M .35-ohm coil
  • 1 GS AIR .75-ohm coil
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 User Manual for tank
  • 1 User Manual for battery

Available in Black, Green, Purple, Red, Silver, and Blue

PACKAGING
C2YxBxA.jpg

UNBOXED
rDcaARk.jpg

STOCK COLORS
KRCmbcG.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

“This tiny little device sure is cute”. Those were my first thoughts when opening the box of the iStick Amnis. The latest starter kit from Eleaf sure isn’t large on stature, but it makes up on it with performance. The included GS tank features a mesh coil for added flavor, a locking, slide to fill cap, and a solid 2ml of liquid capacity. The Amnis battery is 900mah and features a contoured body for comfort.

OPERATION

Just like many devices like this on the market this one is operated via a fire button. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off, press the fire and inhale. It is very simple. The only thing you need to know is the LED indications that it has. When charging, the LED is red, and it shuts off when the battery is full. The following battery indications are found in the manual, but mine did not operate in this fashion.

GREEN – 60-100%

ORANGE – 30-59%

BLUE – 10-29%

Red - < 9%

Mine did not indicate this way. At the start, with a full battery, mine was bright green. After a while, it then changed to more of an orange / green color and eventually it would flash and wouldn’t fire. I never saw these LEDs indicate the way the manual says it should.

HOW IT VAPES

How this vapes is where it shines best. The flavor that the mesh coils produce is top notch in my opinion. I ran mine with the air flow turned down just a hair (nice to have air flow adjustment) and found that it was very satisfying. The coils also last a long time. I took this device with me to work on an off for two weeks and the coil is still just as good as day one. I filled it countless times and I don’t see any degrading flavor at this time. The top fil of the tank is also excellent, as it locks closed, and makes for a mess free refill. I used this device with my favorite 65/35 nic salt e liquid and I had zero issues with wicking. Battery life is the weak link, as the GS tank sips the liquid. I had to recharge the battery 3 times before the tank was fully empty, but it does have enough power to last through a full work day.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO GALLERY

fVc41Px.jpg

QxMI1RM.jpg

KauRwxj.jpg

8bDPDrV.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The iStick Amnis is a surprisingly satisfying vape. It ranks right up there with some of the best pod systems in the vape it provides and seems to have a coil system that will over more longevity than pods. The only con is the battery life isn’t as good as some others, and you have glass to worry about breaking. The battery isn’t large, or heavy, so it tends to tip over easily. I left mine lay on its side quite a bit out of fear of it breaking. I can see this being a good device for someone who is looking to quite smoking, but it might not be as appealing to a typical vapor looking to find a portable device.

PROS

• Compact
  • Ergonomic battery
  • Locking, slide refill cap
  • Good Flavor
  • Lots of color options

CONS

• Battery life could be better
  • Tips over easily

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Eleaf for sending it my way for review. A quick google search shows that this device sells for about $27.

https://vapesourcing.com/eleaf-istick-amnis-kit.html

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors