Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delvers - A 2-4-1 Special - The Temple 25 and 28mm RDAs by Vaperz Cloud

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by to read another one of my reviews. Today I am delivering a TWO 4 ONE SPECIAL!!! That’s right, you are going to get to see some new goodies from Vaperz Cloud in the form of the Temple 25 and 28mm RDAs. Way back in 2016, the Temple RDA was one of Vaperzcloud’s crown jewels. Today, they are back with an updated version, combining several RDAs into one, but I will get to that combo more in the first impressions section. Let’s act like Indiana Jones and get right into the Temple eh? (really dated myself there)

DISCLAIMER: This was sent to me by Vaperz Cloud for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET -
  • 25mm or 28mm Temple RDA

• Frosted or Smoked Acrylic Top Cap

• Acrylic Airflow Insert

• Wide Bore 810 Drip tip

• Spare Screws and O-rings

• Tools

• Solid Positive Pin (squonk pin w/ plug option preinstalled)
Available in black and stainless… but with no further info out on these, I am guessing gunmetal for sure… possibly a wide array of colors like the Asgards?

CLOSE UPS
oo8jdxs.jpg

qxLdwxW.jpg

PACKAGING
XVI4hos.jpg

HOSx8ly.jpg

OUT OF BOX
NuYUHUS.jpg

qTb1gqI.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

What have we got here? New Jordans? Straight from Vaperz Cloud themselves, they wanted the packaging to feel like that refreshing moment of unboxing some new sneakers and that is exactly what you get. The review packaging I received is going to be the same or close in retail, with a small box that slides open to reveal everything wrapped in Vaperz Cloud branded tissue paper. It all just adds to the experience in a neat way. Now what’s all tucked under this tissue paper? First off, you get the atomizer. Glancing at it, you can see two distinct things, the Temple ribbed top cap followed up by Asgard-esque airflow coming in the sides. Then, you see a very subtle Temple branding on one side. Super clean looking way they did this, and I appreciate it. The finish on these is just like an Asgard. The matte black is slightly textured, while the brushed SS is a slightly brushed, yet shiny stainless steel. Pop the cap, and you will find a two post build deck, similar to what is on the Suicide Mods Nightmare RDA. This is a big change over the original Temple, as it utilized a velocity style deck. A two post system has its share of pros and cons, but we will get there when we get there. Let’s toss the cap back on for now and keep digging in the box. Along with the atomizer, you will find another item wrapped in tissue paper, an extra top cap! With the black model, I received a smoked cap, and with the stainless model, I received a frosted clear cap. These are made of acrylic, just like they did with the smoked and iced versions of the Asgard. Beyond this couple of things, you get the normal things you get. Spare O-rings, lots of them. Spare screws, a solid gold plated positive pin, and tools.

BUILD DECK

Like I mentioned above, this RDA uses a two post build deck. The build deck offers wide openings for coils, and uses a large flat head screw for securing the leads. I have a couple of gripes with this system. For one, it isn’t as feasible to use narrow coils on a deck like this. One must either space the coils, or install wider ones. Two, this deck takes up some valuable space in the chamber. With properly built coils, I found no problems at all, but these are things one must consider before purchasing.

On the 25mm RDA, I was able to fit 6 wrap, 3mm fused clapton. If I had larger cored fused claptons I would have to go down to 2.5mm. One photo in the gallery is a set of Badazd twisted flat coils, shrunk down to a hair under 3mm.

With the 28mm RDA, there is a little more freedom. You basically get the same deck, but have 1.5mm on each side. 3mm coils are still the ticket in my opinion, as there isn’t a ton of space, but you might be able to somehow go a little bigger if the coil isn’t super wide.

The deck is deceiving because it appears like there is a lot of room. However, with the airflow inserts, there just isn’t. The best practice on the Temple is to pull the coils in so that damn near touch the center posts, and rest the coiling rod on the bottom. Perfect position for airflow, every, single, time.

I won’t comment much on wicking, as Stevey Wonder could wick it. Snip just above the base of the RDA, fold over… Boom… done…

AIR FLOW

Now that we have these babies built, let’s take a look at the redesigned airflow. Taking notes from the Asgard RDA airflow, Vaperz Cloud released a slightly tweaked version of this for the temple. Like the Asgards, the top cap and an airflow insert are separate and held into the top cap with a notch which holes it all together when in place. This not only makes it removable for cleaning, but it is also replaceable, should you melt one (due to improper coil install). The insert on these matches the color of the top cap, so should you opt for the frosted or smoked look, it blends right on. That’s all good and well, but let’s also look at the function of this airflow insert. One change made from the Asgard is the hole quantity and shape. The Asgard mini has three rows of eight holes, while the Asgard 30 has three rows of nine holes. The Temple 25 has three rows that taper to the top with eight holes on the bottom, seven in the middle, and six on top. The Temple 28 has three tapering rows as well with nine on the bottom, eight in the middle, and seven at the top. This is a design cue taken from the OG Temple which also had a tapered airflow inlet. Another major change is that the air flow insert no longer has a combination of holes and a swoop, but rather a more aggressive swoop, bringing the airflow right to the very bottom of the coil. This basically makes the temp act like a bottom airflow rda, but with air inlets coming in higher up. Huge pro for squonkers out there, as it would almost have to be over-squonked (or overdripped) on purpose. Since the air flow comes in so low, it has nowhere to go but straight past the coils and out of the drip tip. Overall, this air flow feels as smooth as the Asgard, but covers more area around the entire coil. This design works well when it comes to flavor, but has one con as well. This takes up A LOT of precious build deck space, and I strongly recommend inserting just the air flow insert on top of the deck before you get done placing coils. This will allow you to ensure the coil is not resting against this insert. If you do rest it against the acrylic and it will melt.

PHOTO GALLERY

BTUahSK.jpg

8IATF98.jpg

bqiflso.jpg

vWDgtvg.jpg

QJYX5J2.jpg

ttDkTV9.jpg

8C9zqBy.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so I have been playing with these RDAS for a couple of weeks now, going back and forth between them, and even sampling them up against the Asgard Mini and Asgard 30. I must say that the vape I get off of these is incredible. Flavor is subjective, but I would say these are at about the same level of the Asgards, maybe even a little better. It was kind of expected with reduced chamber size and the way the airflow comes in, but I was skeptical. Like the Asgard RDAS, build quality is top notch. I also like the way they went away from the fabric bags and opted for that new sneaker packaging. It also makes storing the packaging and spare parts more convenient, as I literally have a handful of bags from previous products just piled up all together. I know packaging is a silly pro, but it is one to take note of. Beyond the packaging itself is the included misc. in the box. I like the frosted and smoked top cap options as it’s almost like getting two different atomizers in one box. It’s always nice to have an RDA you like, that can also be more versatile with what it matches with. They also include a lot of spare O-rings and the solid positive pin (if you don’t like their hollow pins with squonk plugs). Another pro is of course the flavor. These perform as well as the best out there in my opinion. Not super airy, but just right for me. I typically ran the Temple 25 on a mechanical tube with .11 Badazd coils with no issues whatsoever. I then ran the Temple 28 on top of the Hadron box mod by Steam Crave, with 3mm fused clapton and it too performed beautifully.

However,I must point out two cons that jump out right away. Con number one is the build deck. The postless decks of the Asgards are easier to build on and they don’t require one to space coils or have a super wide coil. These are pretty wide, so it may take a novice builder some time to nail it. I still did my complete build from start to finish in 5 minutes, including photo taking and what not in between, but your skills with coil installation may be tested. The second con is the build space. Since this has two large posts in the middle, there just isn’t a ton of room for large coils. Even the 28mm Temple couldn’t handle a fatter 3.5mm build I attempted. HOWEVER, the way this builds also adds two pros. Any of you Asgard users will know that spit back can be nasty if you wick loose, have very poppy coils, or over drip. With the Temple, the coils are not right in front of the 810. The vapor must travel around the barrel and then upward, making that whole spit back thing non existent. The other pro from this design is the juice well. The Asgard Mini basically has none because the postless deck takes it all up. Whatever is left has cotton filling it up. With the two post design, you get the gap all the way across the middle for liquid, so I find myself dripping and squonking these less than the mini (the 30mm Asgard has a massive juice well so this is only a comparison to the mini.)

Alright, so that’s a very wordy, detailed review for you all. I kind of just got rambling, but products like this excite me. It’s built really well, it combines some great features, and some just ok features from their other stuff into something new. These are solid RDAs that I know I will use a ton and I think many others will enjoy too.

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I like both of them, but favor the 28mm much more. If both dropped into the oven, I’d at the very least snag a 28 again for sure.

PROS

• Great flavor

• Love the simplistic styling yet throwback Temple look

• Smoked and clear bonus top caps for the win

• Airflow is smooth

• Lots of spare O-rings to use this thing for a long time

• Spare solid positive pin is also a win

CONS

• Build deck takes experience to not get frustrated

• Not a ton of room for big builds

• I would have liked to see a 28mm beauty ring with the 25 and a 30mm beauty ring with the 28. Not really cons, but it would make them even more versatile for use on different mods.

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Vaperz Cloud for sending these my way to review! It will be hard to toss a price up on these because they aren’t really out yet. Based on most of their stuff though, I am willing to bet we will see the mini for about $60, and the 28mm for about $75.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors