Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - A Kit Review - The Vex by Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Vex kit by Vaptio. The Vex is one of the latest devices from Vaptio. It is a 100-watt stick style device powered by a single 21700, 20700, or 18650 battery. It is a simple device with a large, basic, digital display, and comes complete with the Paragon sub-ohm tank. It is far different than what we’ve seen from Vaptio lately, so let’s dive in and see if this is the stick style device for you!

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Vaptio for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 VEX 100w mod
  • 1 Paragon tank
  • 1 .2-ohm mesh coil
  • 1 .15-ohm strip coil
  • 1 18650 battery adapter
  • 1 Micro usb cable
  • Paperwork

Available in black, blue, purple, and red.

PACKAGING
IdMC9Sg.jpg

OUT OF BOX
m0Cu1Dg.jpg

STOCK SHOT
q0jdK1W.jpg

FEATURES

With how basic this device is, there isn’t much to cover here. The Vex is a single battery device that goes up to 100w. It works with 21700 or 20700 batteries without an adapter and can use an 18650 with the included adapter. These are installed via a hinging bottom door. The door is held closed with a latch that is very stiff. It is challenging to get it to latch during battery changes, but at least I know it won’t pop open on its own! The display is a generic, basic display which doesn’t show a whole lot. Not much to go over here, so let’s head right into operation.

OPERATION

Simple and easy is the name of the game here. As soon as batteries are inserted, it turns on. It can then be powered off or on with 5 clicks of the power button. There are no other button combos with this one. No locking, no modes, nothing. Straight wattage is all you get, and it scrolls in 1-watt increments from 7-100w. It doesn’t scroll the fastest, but how often do we need to adjust it? Other indications are faintly shown right below the screen. Check atomizer is a box with lines on each side and short protection is just a faint box. The display shows battery life after each puff in the form of 5 bars. It is basic but shows what you need to know.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

zmtLsyQ.jpg

PcVGEoc.jpg

xxZIn2L.jpg

3somfwc.jpg

JpOajR8.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

There isn’t much to go over here either! It fires up quickly and has very little ramp up when using sub-ohm tanks like the one included. I did notice a drop off in power once I got down to 2 bars on the battery meter, but from 3 on up, it felt like it provided the wattage indicated on the display. For the most of my testing I used the included Paragon tank. I reviewed this previously, so this will be a short run down. It is an average mesh coil tank by today’s standards. It has good flavor but doesn’t blow me away. I was more impressed with it when I tested it previously, as I didn’t have my hands on some of the newer tanks out. The coils perform well and hang on for the 40-50ml (depending on liquid) before they start to get gunky. It works well with the Vex as it needs just 65-70w to perform. I got right to the end of a work day with an Amp King or Samsung 30t battery.

TANK PROS

• Satisfactory flavor
  • Good coil life
  • Compatible with TFV12 prince coils for available options at most shops

TANK CONS

• I experienced some leaking when it sat for a day or two
  • Flavor is overshadowed by today’s top mesh-coil tanks
  • Blue color doesn’t match the blue mod perfectly

FINAL THOUGHTS

I don’t mind this kit, but I am not in love with it. It isn’t something that I will strive to want to use. I don’t really know where to begin here. I like the size, finish, and battery options. It is pocket friendly and easy to grab on the go. It feels nice in the hand and a lot of that is due to the textured finish (reminds me of the old Fuchai 213 coating). However, it just doesn’t rev my engine. The tank leaked enough liquid to piss me off, and the battery life won’t do it for a lot of people unless they are using tanks that run at less than 50 watts. My biggest gripe by far is the battery latch. I couldn’t count on fingers and toes how many times I put a battery in, the device powered up, all while I was still trying to latch it and it would start to fire because of how I was gripping it. I think this is a decent option for beginners all thanks to simplicity, but I don’t see long-time vapors getting much enjoyment from it. The tank is ok, the mod is ok. It’s all just ok.

THE OVEN TEST

If this device went into the oven, would I go out and get another one? No. I like the idea of a single 21700, but it is just a bit too basic for me to get into it.

PROS

• Compact
  • Fires quickly
  • Simple
  • Solid battery door
  • Fits 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries

CONS

• Battery latch is hard to latch (I often fired the mod by accident trying to get it closed and latched)
  • Display could be refined more
  • Fault indicators could be clearer both in how they are displayed and how they are written on the mod.
  • Power lags when battery is low (no boost chip)

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vaptio for sending it my way for review. I am not seeing this available at too many places, but it looks like it will sell for about $40-50.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors