Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Aegis Legend Kit by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Aegis Legend Kit by Geekvape. This device is a follow up to the popular, rugged, Aegis. Unlike the original Aegis, which was powered by a single 26650, the Legend utilizes dual 18650s, and has a few other styling changes to boot. This device was sent to me by Heaven Gifts for review, so let’s not wait around, it is time to get Legendary.

aJQ2Yjd.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Geekvape Aegis Legend Mod

- 1 Aero Mesh 4ml tank

- 1 Aero Mesh .2 ohm coil

- 1 IM4 .15 quad coil

- 1 User Manual
- 1 Bag of spare parts

- 1 5ml Bubble glass

- Available in silver, stealth black, orange/black, snake skin, camo/black

cdF3B2T.jpg

FEATURES

The Aegis Legend’s most obvious feature is its durability. It is designed to be resistant to shock, dust, and water to a depth of 1m. Many tests have been done to prove that it lives up to these standards, but to be honest I like using it too much to torture it. This mod does however, give the piece of mind that it can handle these things makes it a worry-free device for every day life. I work as an electrician, and this is the first device that I would grab without a thought to damage or breaking it on a job site. Other features include a 3-color screen, wattage and temp control modes, 200w max power, silicone outer jacket, and a “leather” portion as well.

OPERATION

Operating this device is very intuitive and simple. It doesn’t feature a menu per say, but rather it cycles through settings right on the screen. I will do a quick run down on button combinations and navigation of the screen for all modes.

- 5 clicks of the fire button will power on and power off the devices (cool startup logo as well)

- Pressing the fire button and down will dim the screen

- Pressing the fire button and the up button will brighten the screen

- Pressing both up and down simultaneously will lock the adjustment buttons, but it will still fire

- 3 clicks of the fire button will highlight the mode on top of the screen. From this point you can press up or down to cycle through the modes as follows.

- Power

- Temp Control – Nickel

- Temp Control – SS

- Temp Control – Titanium

- Temp Control – TCR

- Wattage curve – 5 points can be set for a curve

- Bypass

- When the top is highlighted, press up and down simultaneously to cycle the screen color options of Blue, Lighter Blue, and Red.

Do75RtT.jpg

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

Next to Minikin V2 for size comparison

QxoVDyf.jpg

3WH2AYV.jpg

Hand Check

0YgmLef.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

So, this device has a lot of hype behind it, but none of this hype matters if it doesn’t function well. For the most part, I ran this device with the included Aero tank on wattage mode. I feel like the battery life is waning a bit on this mod, and when running at just 60w they drain quicker than some of my other devices. It isn’t that noticeable, but enough to make a note of it. Other than that, this thing is an absolute joy to use. It fits great in the hand, and with the combination of pleather and rubber, it fits firm without fear of drops at all. The fire button is firm to press and has a nice click to it. None of the buttons rattle on this device and are firm in place. Along with how it vapes, I will give a short review of the included Aero Tank. Geekvape, like many other companies are making the move to mesh coils, and all of us are winners here. Being this came with a Mesh coil, I never even bothered to use the included IM4 quad coil. My experience with Mesh as of late has made standard coils a waste of time. That being said, the Aero tank with Mesh coils works very well. The flavor is top notch, the air flow is smooth, and the bubble glass allows for an extended time between fills. It has just a few small cons to me. First off, it isn’t the most beautiful tank in the world, and is rather plain Jane. Another con is with the top fill cap. It is held in place very tight by O-rings and was so tight the first time that I ended up disassembling the tank trying to unscrew it. Lastly, when I let it sit for a few days, it leaked after refill. Granted, the coil was used for over a week at this point, so I imagine there was some cotton break down.

TANK PROS

- Mesh coil flavor is excellent

- Matches the mod nicely

- 5mL bubble glass without being a huge tank

- Smooth air flow

TANK CONS

- Top cap is very snug

- Not a dazzling design

- Small bit of leakage after extended use

NbYiTGQ.jpg

oxgarj8.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I will not sugar coat it. When I heard this device was coming out, I was over joyed. I wanted an Aegis in the worst way, but never felt like I wanted to run a single 26650. This device fixed all of that, and still provides a cool looking, rugged device, all while using standard 18650 batteries. It performs well in wattage mode and doesn’t seem to be too terrible in TC. I did a dry burn test, and it didn’t burn too badly. However, since I don’t normally vape in TC, I did not try too hard to get TC to work. I really love using this mod. I have no fear of drops or paint damage, and it is great for those who have a very active lifestyle or have a job that may be harder on a device. I have very few complaints when it comes to the device. One of them is with the rubber. It tends to look dirty all the time and collects dust even when in a clean environment. Another con is the atomizer restrictions. It is optimized for a 24mm atty, but a 25mm will fit without too many issues. The last con is the battery door latch. It rattles around quite a bit and can be a bit annoying. With as few cons as this has, it makes for a great device, and one that should last a long time.

OX9BUIZ.jpg

MOD PROS

- Rugged design

- Feels great and solid in hand

- Simple to operate

- Lots of great color options that all look great

- Included Aero tank is a good flavor chaser

- Color screen is a nice touch over older Aegis

MOD CONS

- Battery door latch rattles

- Restricted to 25mm or smaller atomizers

- Rubberized coating is a dust magnet

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Heaven Gifts for sending it my way for review! If you are interested in picking one of these up, then head on over to Heaven Gifts where it can be found for $96.50 right now.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Aegis-Legend-Kit.html

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors