Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The BATPACK by Joyetech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be reviewing the Batpack kit by Joyetech. This device was sent to me by Joyetech for review.

jv8GpFs.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Batpack is one of the latest devices by Joyetech. By the time I get done typing this, something new will be out by them. They have been putting out a new product weekly, but in a good way. I have been reviewing many of their products and they have been on point with almost every device they release. The Batpack is no exception. It is a bit revolutionary as the power source is AA batteries. Yes, I said AA batteries. This is great in many ways that I will get into down below. Only one way to really find out what I think of this, and that’s to keep on reading. And, as always, I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

2dTtHTO.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 BATPACK Box Mod

- 1 Joyetech ECO D16 MTL tank

- 2 BFHN .5ohm MTL coils

- 3 Extra O-rings

- 1 Instruction Manual

- 1 Warning Card

- 1 Warranty Card

- Available in a plethora of colors including Rainbow/blue, black/blue, blue/pink, red/gold, green, and gold.

5rOrq0H.jpg

DEVICE OVERVIEW

Box Mod and Operation

The BATPACK is a tiny little box that fits dual AA batteries inside a solid fitting magnetic battery door. I was a bit skeptical when hearing that it runs on AAs, but this did not disappoint. It was a bonus that my review sample came equipped with two rechargeable NI-MH AA batteries that also worked with my Xstar charger. I am a bit confused at what voltage this device operates at. All their advertising shows that it is a 1.7v device, but the battery indication part of the manual mentions voltages of 2.42-2.6v. The AIO device that runs this same atomizer appears to run at about 1.7v according to its information so it would make sense that it runs at 1.7 and the manual is simply incorrect. All of that aside, this device is about as easy to use as anything on the market. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off and it has an LED light to represent battery life and is on when firing.

The LED flashes once the fire button is released as follows:

- >75% – solid LED

- 50-75% - slow flashing LED

- <50% - moderate flashing LED

- Low battery – fast flashing of the LED

- It will shut off on its own when the battery is too low to operate

I never witnessed an auto shut-off as I kept this thing topped off when I left the house. During my limited use (2 weeks) I found the NI-MH batteries last for a LONG LONG time. I went through 1.5 tanks and found that the batteries were just a hair below their halfway point. When using high nic salt liquid, this was a ton of puffs and is easily the best battery life I have ever seen on a device this small. Running AA batteries opens a ton of options that make this device highly convenient. If you are going somewhere that does not allow batteries on a flight you can take this mod along without batteries and just pick up AAs from a gas station upon arrival. Even highly remote places of the world still seem to have AAs to be found. I could go on and on about the perks of AAs, but then we will be here all night.

D16 Tank

This kit comes topped with the ECO D16 MTL tank. This may look familiar, and that’s because it’s essentially the same tank that came on the ECO AIO that was released a little while back. It uses the same coils as that device and boasts 2mL of liquid capacity. I never got my hands on the AIO, but I can say that this little tank works dang good for how small it is. It does have one blatant con, and it is with the coils. The life of them is not super long at all. I think I went through about 10mls of liquid and it started to have a burnt taste. Another con is that the tank must be completely empty when changing coils because they make up the entire chimney section. It is almost impossible to salvage liquid in the tank and change the coils out. During testing of this device, I used 25mg nic salt liquid that has a VG/PG ratio of 70/30. I had zero issues with wicking or dry hits, and the flavor is very satisfying while the coils last.

Refills are a breeze with the wide open cap

AoAY7fI.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The bottom line is that the Batpack is one of the best starter kits I have tried to date. I am puffing away on this little thing right now and it is great. It is easy to use, easy to fill, and the batteries last a long time. It is EASILY one of the best starter kits I have ever used and would be a great device for anyone looking to make the switch from smoking to vaping. I had a hard time finding cons with it. Due to the size of the device, it tends to get knocked over easily when sitting upright. The other con I found is very subjective, and it has to do with the color combination I received. Out of male pride, it was difficult to take a mod around that had this much pink on it. On the bright side, I like using this device so much, that when my local shop gets them in I will gladly swoop up a color more fitting to me! Great job Joyetech, I think this is an excellent device!

MISC. PHOTOS

Shown next to a Sourin Air for size comparison

rKH3i28.jpg

fw2FMhQ.jpg

PROS

- AA batteries are super convenient

- Battery life is superb

- Flavor from the D16 tank is quite nice

- Coils are available at many local stores

- It is tiny, and highly portable

- Price point is very low ($20-30)

- Very stylish design

- Leak free top air flow design

CONS

- Small footprint makes it easy to tip over when at rest

- Coil life isn’t the best

- Tank must be drained to change coils

I found the Batpack all over the internet in the $20-30 price range. The cheapest I found was vapesourcing for $20.90.

https://vapesourcing.com/joyetech-batpack-kit-with-joye-eco-d16-atomizer.html

fAZOfdH.jpg

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Joyetech for providing me with this for review!

Pizza Dave – real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks great. Great review man

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors