Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Espion Solo Kit by Joyetech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape reviews. Today I will be covering everything you need to know about the Espion Solo kit by Joyetech. This device was sent to me by Joyetech for review.

Lcpo4ha.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

INTRODUCTION

The Espion Solo is the little brother to the Espion that was released a few months back however the only similarity is the Espion name. It features a single 21700 (18650 w/ adapter), max power of 80w, and a touch screen. The overall form factor is very small. In fact, it is one of the smallest regulated mods I have used that has a removable battery. Let’s dive down in to the features, specs, the tank, and I will give you my final thoughts.

WHAT YOU GET

-----1 ESPION Solo MOD

-----1 AVB 21700 battery 4000mAh

-----1 ProCore Air Atomizer

-----2 ProCA (0.4ohm) head

-----1 18650 battery sleeve

-----1 QC USB cable

-----2 Manual

-----1 Warranty card

-----2 Warning card

-----Spare parts (O-rings)

Available in Rainbow, black, gunmetal, and salmon pink.

TMOfyyo.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

MOD FEATURES AND OPERATION

The Espion Solo may be small, but it packs a punch and has all the features that one would expect from a regulated device today. I was a bit skeptical when it came to the included AVB 21700 battery but was pleasantly surprised at the performance. I was able to vape all day at 60w and still had 40% left on it when I got home, and it was still hitting just as hard as will a full battery. The touch screen was a bit of a bonus on this device. I had no clue that it was coming with one, so it took me by surprised. It functions with a great level of response and is large enough to see everything with great clarity. To unlock, simply press the button just below the screen. I liked the one button press unlock much better than the swipe technique of the Asmodus Minikin. The menu system is laid out very simple. Press the unlock button and swipe left or right to cycled through menu options. One of the most useful things I found was swiping the screen to back out of menu options. Once in the menu, you will find the following options.

MODE

---Mode allows the user to select power options.

---POWER – Basic power mode up to 80w max power

---RTC –Runs in power mode, but has a large clock as the main portion of the display

---TC – Temperature control for Ni, Ti, and SS

----TCR – Temperature control based on TCR setpoints

--BYPASS – Direct fire to the coil based on battery voltage

SET

Coil – locks or unlocks resistance

Power – Sets the power when using in temperature control

Subpara – Adjusts what info shows up on the lower right corner of the screen including amps, puffs, or vape time. It also allows the user to reset puffs and set max vape time.

Clock – Adjust time and date.

Preheato – Preheat settings for power and duration

Timeout – Screen timeout settings

The device is very easy to pick up and play with. It is a basic mono color screen that is quite bright and clear. It is visible on the brightest of days and is simple enough for even a new vaper. I also like how Joyetech set up the wattage adjustments. When below 20W, the device scrolls in .1W increments. Once over 20W, it scrolls in 1W increments. It makes so much sense!

Photo of the screen
https://i.imgur.com/o2drN1T.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________

PROCORE AIR TANK

The Espion Solo Kit comes with the ProCore Air tank. This is the 6th entry into the ProCore series of tanks. It has the same fill method as the ProCore X, which is a slide to open top. The kit came with the 4.5mL version, but it is also available in a smaller TPD compliant 2mL version. Joyetech seems to keep refining small aspects of the tanks while all using the all Pro-C series of coils. These coils are the same style as a Smok Baby Beast so there are many coils out on the market that will fit it. I reviewed the ProCore X previously, and felt it was just OK. However, the ProCore Air blew me away. It WAS hands down one of the most flavorful vapes I have ever experienced out of a sub-ohm tank. However, after just one full day of vaping (about 15ml) the coil was becoming burnt. The liquid I was using was Jam Monster Apple, so I will chalk it up to the sweetener in the liquid. I was hoping for some more coil life because I really enjoy the flavor. The tank looks just like many other sub-ohm tanks on the market, and they even added a drip tip in the same fashion as SMOK. It isn’t great to look at, but it doesn’t function great.

COMPARISON PHOTOS

Here are some pics next to the "big brother" Espion
pYxGqAI.jpg

KMaIJ2L.jpg

iMuHjLv.jpg

Photos next to an Asmodus Minikin V2
B4UHAyW.jpg

EfMeT4x.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Espion Solo Kit is a great setup right out of the box. The mod itself functions great. It is lightweight, portable, and looks great as well. I love that it came with a good working 21700, which makes it truly a complete kit. Just add juice and go! The ProCore Air tank edged the X tank in my opinion, just because the flavor really popped with the ProCA coils. Coils are available almost everywhere, which is a bonus. I enjoyed reviewing this device thoroughly and will keep using this as an on the go device.

MOD PROS

-----Compact Design

-----Includes a battery (and one that works well)

-----Design looks great

-----Fire button clicks nicely

-----Touch Screen is a nice touch

-----Battery door is held in place solid by magnets

MOD CONS

-----10 anniversary logo is tacky on the fire button

-----After just one week the finish on the battery door seems to be fading. Not chipping, just fading and lots it’s sheen that it had when new

-----Touch screen has a learning curve

-----Touch screen makes adjustments up and down wonky due to finger blocking screen view

TANK PROS

-----Excellent Flavor. One of the best sub-ohms I’ve tasted

-----No leaks

-----Fill design is simple

-----Air flow is smooth

-----Comes with a honeycomb drip tip for a out of box custom look

TANK CONS

-----Coil life could be a little better but seems to be on par with the competition

-----Fill port could be larger or top cap swing over a bit more for large fill bottles

-----All these ProCore name is getting recycled too much

If this looks like a setup that you want to get your hands on, it is available all over the internet, but I found one of the cheapest to be vape sourcing for $70.

https://vapesourcing.com/joyetech-espion-solo-kit-with-procore-air-atomizer-80w.html

For more information, head on over to the Joyetech website!

Thank you for reading this review and thank you to Joyetech for sending it to me for review!

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings.

VU Sponsors