Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Kaos Skycar by Sigelei

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be reviewing the Skycar by Sigelei. This was sent to me by Sigelei for review. The Skycar is the latest device from Sigelei in their Kaos series of mods. Simple, flashy, yet functional are the main points of this mod, so let’s just get right to it.

YB4Uu2g.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Sigelei Skycar Mod

- 1 USB cable

- User manual

- Available in Red, Black, White, and Yellow

z8oNJ34.jpg

HQDXrA9.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

One of the first things that jumps out when looking at this device is the fact that it has no screen. Sigelei went with a potentiometer to dial in the wattage. This dial is labeled 10-230w. One thing they gained by ditching the display is it saved some real estate for leds as leds are a must in the Kaos line of devices. There are 4 led strips across the front, a v shaped led above the dial (battery indication led), and a multi-colored led array around the potentiometer (atomizer led). All of these are color-selectable between blue, white, yellow, green, pink, and red. The V shaped led serves as the battery indication led, which turns to yellow when firing 50% to show the batteries are depleted below 50%. The manual does not even speak of battery indication, so I just had to figure that one out on my own. This led will also flash 8 times quickly to indicate misc. battery faults. Along with these leds are more surrounding the dial. They help indicate wattage when adjusting, but they also indicate faults. For example, 8 quick flashes indicate a shorted or non-existent atomizer. It is a basic device with some flashy lights and doesn’t take much to operate it. I like the overall look of the device. It has a solid paint job and looks the part of their “supercar” theme that they are going after. The batteries are installed behind a magnetic battery door which is held firmly in place with zero wiggle at all. Batteries are marked out on the tray with raised black indications that could be highlighted better for easier viewing. I almost skipped this, but it will fit a 25mm atomizer right out to the edges without overhang.

OPERATION

With the lack of a screen there is little to learn about this device. 5 clicks of the fire button will turn it off and on. 3 clicks of the fire changes the color of the leds. Once the device flashes blue, cycle through the colors to find the one you want, then hold the fire button. I wish there was an option to shut off, but sadly that is not the case here. To adjust wattage, dial in to where you want to be, and that is all. The leds surrounding the dial light up when in certain windows of power. Green is from 10-60w, blue from 60-80w, purple from 80-100w, and it goes red from there on up. I had heard some mention that this was supposed to indicate a “recommended wattage” for each atomizer, but no matter what atty I had on these leds had those same windows. As an added flashy bonus, the leds around the dial flash in a color-changing circular motion while vaping.

HOW IT VAPES

Since this is a straight wattage device, and I am just a wattage vapor, I can’t say I have much for gripes with how it operates. It fires very quickly, and the wattage appears to be on point with what the dial shows. I don’t like that it shows such large increments as there are a lot of guessing games in between. The dial also moves too easily, and the wattage gets bumped out the setpoint with ease. I was informed after my review that another user found that hitting the fire button 7x will lock the wattage. It will present purple flashy lights and lock it in. To unlock, click the fire button 7 times. I always found myself checking it before I vaped. I like how simple it is, but they could have made this dial just a hair larger, added some more increments, and made it harder to turn.

***The manual never mentions the 7 click locking and it is a huge advantage. I sat here, shunning the thing for not staying where I want it, but low and behold, it is lockable. Took a con away that was originally one of my biggest gripes.

____________________________________________________________________________________
PHOTO GALLERY

KYLIN RTA ON TOP

5gLWwg0.jpg

BACK OF THE MOD

e4kwxLv.jpg

BATTERY TRAY

SHlm3O6.jpg

BLITZEN RTA ON TOP

Bm8Z9zb.jpg

HAND CHECK

zmy80Cj.jpg

WORK CHECK

dQFXbpP.jpg

EXTREEEEME CLOSEUP!

TqY1zIy.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

FINAL THOUGHTS

Sigelei just keeps putting out mods that are made for niche markets, rather than ones that fit into a broader audience. This device is made for those who love simple, wattage devices that have flashy lights. That is what this is, and if you want that, this one is functional. I don’t like that the leds cannot be turned off (got a lot of grief from the old guys at work with this one), and don’t like how they executed the potentiometer. I bumped this off my setpoint non-stop, and it catches easy when putting in a pocket. I could see it getting broke off with hard usage for sure. If you can avoid bumping the dial, it works well in the wattage it is set to. I love how fast it fires, and I love that they were able to use the leds to indicate battery levels and faults. It is simple to use, feels really solid in hand, has a good clicky fire button, and has a solid battery door. The cons are very subjective, with the biggest one being the loose adjustment knob. The online price of $60 is steep for how simple the device is as well. I didn’t fall in love with this one, and it will be a flashy item for the vape shelf.

PROS

- Paint finish is nice

- Good fire button

- Solid battery door

- Feels substantial in hand

CONS

- Flashy led lights cannot be turned off

- Poor indicators of the wattage

- Wish the battery indication showed a wider array of battery life. 0-25, 25-50, 50-75, 75-100 would have been nice. It is a multi-colored indicator after all.

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Snowwolf / Sigelei for sending it my way for review. If you are interested in this device, check out the Sigelei website for more info or follow the links below for the best deals I found online. There are not a ton of vendors carrying this one.

https://www.elementvape.com/sigelei-kaos-skycar-230w-tc-box-mod

https://www.vaporbeast.com/sigelei-kaos-skycar.html

FUN FACT – I MENTIONED LEDs 18 TIMES IN THIS REVIEW!

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

V

Last edited:

VU Sponsors