Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Karma 2 kit by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be covering everything you need to know about the Karma 2 kit by Geekvape. This kit was kindly sent to me by Health Cabin for review purposes.

Cq8Q0jQ.jpg

SAFETY DISCLAIMER

*******This mod is a fully mechanical device. If you don’t have experience with a mech, or knowledge of how to safely operate a mech, I strongly suggest educating yourself on ohms law, battery safety, and mechanical mod safety before you consider the purchase of one of these devices*******

INTRODUCTION

The Karma 2 kit is the latest mechanical tube mech to hit the market by Geekvape. It follows in the footsteps of its predecessors the Tsunami Pro and original Karma kit and essentially blends the two mods together to make something that I feel is a great all around mechanical setup. The mod is compatible with 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries. It all comes packaged in usual Geekvape fashion and has plenty of spare parts to keep you vaping well into the future.

WHAT YOU GET

· 1 - Karma 2 Mod

· 1 – Tsunami Pro rda

· 1 – 18650 battery adapter

· 1 - 510 drip tip adapter

· 1 - Allen key

· 1 - Spare button spring

· 1 - Spare parts pack

· 1 - User manual – poorly written and vague

BHgkuw4.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

MOD REVIEW

Upon opening the box, I was surprised at the finish and overall build quality. For a cheap mech this thing looks great. The threading for the fire button feels solid and the 510 threads are not sloppy at all either. The matte black finish seems to be quite durable and matches the finish of the Tsunami Pro rda to a t. The fire button has great tension and is recessed so the user can set the mod down without a fear of firing. The kit comes with a spare spring for the button, since it is a point of wear that could become soft over time. It is nice to see them add this so there is no fear of having to park the mod down the road due to a worn button. The fire button also needs no adjustment to work. Companies have really stepped their game up in the mech world by making buttons that are not super complicated. Older mechs required tinkering to get the mod to fire just right, but this design makes contact with ease and requires no adjustments to work. Since the device is a hybrid mechanical there are a few guidelines to consider. For those who don’t know what hybrid means, the battery positive makes direct contact with the positive pin on the atomizer and there is no spring loaded 510 connector between them. That being said, the user should always have an atomizer on the device before installing or changing batteries. Not only should the atomizer be installed, but make sure the rda of choice has a protruding 510 positive pin so there is no short when the battery makes contact. These few steps will help eliminate the chance of a short and keep you safe! It is a very basic setup, but if the user keeps safety in mind, they will have a great vaping experience.

YdLZUNz.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

RDA REVIEW

Geekvape elected to use an oldie but a goodie and refined their Tsunami rda once again to make something familiar yet a little different. This Tsunami Pro is 25mm in diameter, with a velocity style deck and bottom air flow. They ditched the tub style air flow and went with channels on the sides. It seems to function about the same as the older Tsunami 24, but the added diameter creates an even larger juice well. This will allow the user to use more cotton, and drip less than ever before. The wide velocity style build deck can be a bit wonky to build on and increases resistance due to lead lengths. Not the best thing for mechanical since most like to build lower to minimize ramp time. The flavor and vapor production are excellent. The top of the rda has an “all in one” wide bore top cap not seen on previous Tsunami designs. It also comes with flat top cap that works with all standard 510 drip tips. I dig the wider bore for looks and function, so I never messed around with the 510 cap at all. The Tsunami just works, and it blends in so well on this mech that they seem meant to be. Geekvape didn’t reinvent the wheel, and stuck to a successful design, and I will give them a win on that.

objjZDB.jpg

X0BZRLk.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Geekvape has been pushing some mechs out to the market recently, but none of them look and feel quite as good as the Karma 2. It combines a nice mechanical tube with a classic rda that matches perfectly. I have handled some mechanical mods that are 5-6 times the price, yet they don’t seem that much “better” in overall quality. I understand that there is a lot that goes into the guts of a mech that bump the price up, but I see the Karma 2 as a great option for someone who wants to try a mech but doesn’t want to drop $100+ just to test the waters. I love the texture and feel in hand that the spiral engraving makes. The diameter is a perfect match for many of the 25mm atomizers on the market. The Tsunami Pro is a good atomizer that many are familiar with and it blends perfectly to the tube mech. I would like to see Geekvape come up with something new, but at least they chose something that functions rather than putting some total junk on top. I am also happy it is a standard rda and not an rdta like the original. I never liked rdtas on mechs, but that is just a personal preference. The biggest fault that I had with this device is that the manual should be more explanatory. If this is someone’s first mech, they may be confused by the extra spring and the 18650 adapter. The manual should have shown proper battery installation along with how to use the adapter. There should also be some direction on changing the spring on the button. It isn’t rocket science, but with safety in mind, it would be nice to show all these things, so the user doesn’t have to scratch their head (like I did) when they see the spring in the box. Overall, I am very happy with this device. I have never gotten into mechanical tubes out of fear of low quality for ones in my price range, but this has pushed me towards getting more down the road. It vapes great and looks amazing. Geekvape hit a home run by meshing their two previous mechs into something that looks great and performs quite well. I use this mod daily, and don’t see myself parking it on the vape shelf any time soon.

Thank you to everyone for reading my review and thank you to Health Cabin for sending it my way!

If you want to pick one of these up, it can be found for $47.99 over at Health Cabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-karma-2-mech-kit-black-p/17468.html

Pizza Dave – real reviews with no extra toppings

oFfSa2s.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors