Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Mace X sub-ohm tank by Ample

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Mace X tank by Ample. This tank was sent to me by HeavenGifts for review.

INTRODUCTION

Ample is a company that seemed to just pop up. I personally have never heard of them until they released the Mace tank not long ago. Their products are partially exclusive to Heaven Gifts, so they are not something that is all over the place, which explains why they are almost a secret. The Mace X is the latest version of their Mace series of tanks. It is quite similar in some aspects, but very different in others. Some of the updates include a coil system that installs more like a typical coil, taller overall size, and offers a substantial bump in capacity. Without further a due, let’s dive into this tank and I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

prRozwu.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Mace-X Tank w/ preinstalled 3.7ml glass

- 1 ADC-XF1 coil pre-installed

- 1 ADC-XF1 coil

- 1 Spare Part Polybag

- 1 5.7ml Bubble glass section

- 1 User Manual

- Available in Blue, Black, and Stainless

qrUwWNp.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Disc shaped coils are something that a handful of companies are dabbling with, and this is the second attempt that Ample is making. This time around, Ample’s disc coils install more like a typical screw in coil, where the old Mace coils were held in place by a thumb screw. This makes coil changing a breeze, and in a fashion that many are more familiar with. This tank uses top air flow, which directs the air straight down to the top of the coil surface and then up and out the drip tip with the result being direct to mouth flavor. I was totally skeptical with how it would perform, but I was pleasantly surprised. The coils provide excellent flavor and the air flow is one of the smoothest, if not THE smoothest air flow I have ever experienced from a sub ohm tank. I never experience flooding or dry hits, so this disc coil is something I can get behind. I believe the flavor is just a touch behind some of the popular mesh coils that I am seeing on the market (Eleaf, Voopoo, Fireluke). As for the life of this coil, it is right up there as well. I ran 60 mls of liquid through this tank and it is finally getting a bit weaker on flavor. Another great feature is the capacity. I vaped this all day at work on one tank (55w), which I can hardly ever do with other tanks. Yes, it was about empty, but I was very impressed with the juice consumption and capacity. I rocked bubble glass during review to eliminate fills, and this definitely accomplished that.

s3m1lnG.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I already gushed about the flavor and overall performance of this tank, but I have some issues with it as well. First off, yellow…why yellow? I am not a huge fan of yellow and all these tanks are full of it. I dislike yellow so much that this makes this tank low on my desire to use list, based on the looks alone. However, there is a huge design flaw that I hope they can correct. The 510 pin protrudes from the tank way too much. It either has a huge gap between the tank and mod, needs a mod with very deep/springy 510 pin, or it could potentially damage some 510 connections on the market. Big fail here, and it thoroughly torqued me off. Another con that I must mention is that it isn’t available at many places, so it limits the access to replacement coils. These cons are big enough where, once these coils are toast, it will probably never get used again.

MISC. PHOTOS

NON BUBBLE GLASS

pqm3s7w.jpg

BUBBLE GLASS

HqN5AwH.jpg

MATCHES THE MINIKIN V2 NICELY

8TgXJm7.jpg

PROS

- Flavor is excellent

- Overall design is nice (if they ditch yellow)

- Capacity lasts a long time

- Love the coil design and innovation

- Smoooooooth air flow

CONS

- YELLOW, so much yellow

- Coils are not available at many places

- 510 pin protrudes down and brings many issues with it

- Air flow adjustment is very tight

If the latter part of my review didn’t push you away too hard, then head on over to Heaven Gifts and pick one up for yourself. I truly believe the next iteration of the Mace will be a real winner, as this thing does work great but has a few small issues to get past.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Ample-Mace-X-Tank.html

Thank you everyone for taking time to read this review and thank you to Heaven Gifts for sending it my way!

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors