Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Pal Mini Kit by Artery

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be reviewing the PAL Mini AIO by Artery. As always, I keep my reviews unbiased, but this device was sent to me by Heaven Gifts for review. The Artery Pal Mini is the latest device from Artery and a follow up from the Pal kit which came out at the turn of the year. This tiny device features a built in 1000mah battery, 1.1ml capacity, and operates at 3.2v. If you read my review of the original Pal, you would see that I am a huge fan of that device. Let’s see if this little device holds up to its big brother or see if it is a bust. I will dive in, see how it operates, and give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

5o0Zs5f.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Artery PAL mini device

- 1 1.6 ohm Ceramic wicked Pod

- 1 1.0 ohm cotton wicked Pod

- 1 USB charging cable

- 1 User Manual

- 2 Spare O-rings

- 1 warranty card

- 1 certificate

- Available in Black, Gun Metal, Blue, and Gold

nfAalC3.jpg

OPERATION

Operation of this device is the exact same as the Artery Pal. It has just one button, which is the fire button. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off, and press the fire button to vape. The only indications that this has is one little LED right above the USB port. When charging the mod, it will be lit up red and blue and become solid blue when charged completely. When vaping and the battery is good, the LED is just blue. When the battery is low, it lights up with red and blue LEDs simultaneously. I found that the battery was allowing me to run through a hair under 2 pods with the 65/35 liquid I used for testing.

XBJ4MQO.jpg

REFILLING THE PODS

This device uses removable pods that slide into a space within the mod that has an opening to view the level. The pods are removed by unscrewing the drip tip and flipping the mod over. They fall right out and are ready to fill. These pods are small and are opened by pulling the coil and filling upside down until it reaches the “chimney” of the pod. I am not a fan of this system at all because it can get messy. The worst part about a messy system is that many will use nic salts with this device and getting high levels of nic salt on the skin is not safe as it soaks into the skin.

PIsC2j9.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

After the enjoyment I had with the Artery Pal I had high hopes for this device. This device however is nothing like the standard Pal. With all starter kits I try to use the same 65/35 ratio 25 mg salt nice liquid. This is a baseline that I try to stick to every time for accuracy. I decided to try the standard coil first and found that the flavor was muted and not very satisfying. The worst part about it was that after three puffs or so, it was tasting burnt so I knew this kit wouldn’t work well on liquids above 50/50. I went and picked up some 50/50 liquid just for testing this and found it was a little better, but still not great. I then tried the ceramic coil and found about the same result, but with reduced flavor. It was a let down for me and had a hard time having any desire to test the device much further. I stuck it out just to see how long the battery lasted but can’t give an informed answer on coil life as I didn’t vape it enough to test that.

MISC. PHOTOS

VXwnEsE.jpg

QDzqVnX.jpg

aH66nJM.jpg

pFr5Ir2.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I pretty much put it all out there in the how it vapes section, but this device is not good. I try to stay positive and give my best opinion, but this was hardly vapable for me. The fill method opens the door to high levels of nic on the skin, the tip unscrews from the device, so you are stuck with that tip, the flavor is not good from either coil, and it doesn’t work with liquids above 50/50 hardly at all. Having a device that doesn’t wick 65/35 or 70/30 greatly reduces the amounts of nic salt liquid on the market (at least for me locally). The flavor is weak, and it is not satisfying. Artery missed the mark with this one, and I can’t really suggest it for anyone. If you want a good device, go get yourself the regular Pal, which I still carry with me all over the place.

PROS

- Small size

- Decent battery life

CONS

- Refill method can be messy

- Flavorless

- Dry hits on juice over 50/50

- Overpriced

- Stuck with factory drip tip

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Heaven Gifts for sending it to me for review. If you still think you want to get your hands on this, head on over to Heaven Gifts. They also carry the standard Pal, which I highly suggest.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Artery-PAL-Mini-Kit.html

Pizza Dave – real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors