Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Sobra Moonshot Kit by Sigelei

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be reviewing the Sobra Kit by Sigelei. As always, I keep my reviews unbiased, but this device was sent to me by Sigelei for review. The Sobra is one of the latest mods to hit the market from Sigelei. They embraced their inner serpent and went full on snake mode this time around. The Sobra is a dual 18650 powered regulated mod, with wattage mode up to 198 watts, temperature control, preheats, and all the protections we come to expect with a modern regulated device. To complete the kit, Sigelei included the Moonshot 120 sub-ohm tank. Let’s dive in, cover the features, general operation, how it vapes, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

zpXYMMw.jpg

Jv4d09r.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Sobra 198W mod

- 1 Moonshot 120 tank w/ bubble glass

- 1 MS coil (.25-ohm)

- 1 MS-H coil (.2-ohm)

- 1 spare non-bubble glass

- USB cable

- User manual

- Warranty Card

- Certificate of authenticity

- Available in a plethora of snakeskin colors including Gold, Kingsnake white, python gray, rainbow, serpentine black, serpentine blue, serpentine red, serpentine yellow, and I am sure there are more to come. (mine is kingsnake white)

0ljz0gN.jpg

Yb5Er8j.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

Right out of the gate, the most obvious feature that stands out is the snake styling. Complete with light up RED led eyes, scale-looking paint, and a screen with cobra silhouettes, this is a snake person’s dream. Beyond the gimmick of the snake look is essentially the Sigelei Top1. The way it functions, all the settings, and even the button placement are all very close to the Top1. If you love the Top1 but are more of a snake person, then this mod is made for you. As I said above, this mod has a max wattage of 198w, temp control, and preheat settings. It has a bottom hinging battery door, side firing button, and a multi-color screen. The battery door has some side to side play, but it latches shut decently. I never had it randomly pop open but appears to be a door that would wear over time and I can see that being a problem. Battery markings are engraved in the bottom door and not the easiest to see. The fire button is located to be a thumb fire for a right hander and trigger fire for a lefty. As a righty, I dislike this location as it makes me hold the mod a bit weird to thumb fire it. The feel of the button is soft, and it doesn’t have a good click to it. I struggled to really “feel” when the fire button was pressed. As for the screen, it is a nice 1.3” color screen like what is found on the Snow Wolf FENG series devices (probably same chip or similar). It is easy to navigate and shows everything nice and clear on the main screen.

OWqaP3j.jpg

OPERATION

This device is easy to operate and has most of the settings laid out within the menu, but there are a few button combinations to access a few other options.

BUTTON COMBOS

- Fire button and up button shows level of each battery

- Fire button and down button locks the entire device and the only thing that pops up on the screen is BUTTON LOCKED

- Up and down buttons together will set the benchmark resistance. With the other Sigelei mods, this locks the resistance in temp control only, but on this one it will read the atomizer at that time.

- 5 clicks of the fire button turns the mod on and off

- 3 clicks of the button enters the main menu

- BELOW IS A RUN DOWN OF THE MAIN MENU

qRBfhsq.jpg

MODE

- Power

- SS temp control

- Titanium temp control

- Nickel temp control

- TCR temp control

ypmWq4p.jpg

SCREEN

- GUI. Used to switch between two different screen layouts

- Brightness. Used to adjust brightness, but from lowest to highest is hardly perceivable

pGW6BZZ.jpg

SET

- Power savings - shuts down the screen when vaping to save on battery life.

- Zero puffs – yeah….it zeroes the puff counter

- Preheat - allows the user to select hard, normal, soft, and user settings. User is a typical preheat with a set amount of wattage and a time frame for which it will preheat.

TLGa7PK.jpg

The menu system is simple and easy to read. This menu is one of the best layouts that Sigelei has done. Many of the early models were cluttered and the selection jumped all over the place. This is dumbed down and simple and simple just works.

HOW IT VAPES

Now that you know how to set the device up for vaping it is time to see how it performs. I used mine with the included tank almost the entire time of review. They both work hand in hand quite well. The ramp up time is very fast, and the power of the mod seems to be on par with what the screen says it should be. I played with the preheat a bit and dialed in my own user preference. This worked well when running some larger builds in RTAS. I usually like to have a preheat that is 20 watts higher than what I vape at for a short time and this was easy to setup for that. I did a few runs with an atomizer to test temp control and it is better than some older Sigelei mods. What I experienced in the past was a lot of pulsating power and nothing constant. With this, I could feel it slowly step down as the coil was heated for a while. I also felt a steep drop off as the cotton started to dry out. I did experience some wicked dry hits at 450 degrees, so they still have some work to do with TC. One thing that jumped out to me was how far Sigelei tanks have come. The last few kits I had of theirs came with some pretty awful tanks, but this one is a leap for them.

yS2d7Tw.jpg

MOONSHOT 120 REVIEW

The included tank in the kit is the Moonshot 120. This tank is not bad for a starter kit at all. The coils in the Moonshot utilize standard round wire, yet they last quite a while, and they have good flavor. Comparing these to a baby beast coil, and I would say flavor easily beats that, and coil life is 30% better than them. It is still no where near the experience I have had with Mesh coils, but it is a big step for Sigelei. One of the only draw backs that I must point out is that these appear to be a proprietary coil, so there are no replacements locally that I could find. The air flow holes are not very big, which made me think it was going to be noisy, yet it is not that noisy at all and is on par with most tanks on the market. One big pro for the tank is the bubble glass, which bumps capacity up to 5.5ml. The capacity lasts a long time, which is always a pro for me. One of the only major cons for me is the Ultem top cap. This is 100% Ultem, threads and all, which could eventually get stripped out if not careful. Other than the few cons I pointed out, it isn’t a bad tank for someone starting out and completes the kit nicely.

PROS

- Good flavor

- 5.5ml capacity

- Matches the mod well

CONS

- Proprietary coils aren’t readily available

- Ultem threaded top cap doesn’t look good and could strip

CONTINUED BELOW -------

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

As a guy that is not a fan of snakes at all, this mod is definitely not my thing. I was able to put that behind me for testing and found that It is a decent device. The biggest con that jumped out at me is the fire button. I just don’t like the feel, or location of it. Another con is that the battery door seems like a future spot of failure. The snake eyes light up when vaping and cannot be shut off. I would have liked to see these switchable. Other than these few things the mod is actually pretty decent. It has minimal rattle, feels solid in hand, and has a display that is easy to read and scroll through. There are a ton of color choices available and even me, a non-snake lover, likes the look of many of them. The included Moonshot 120 tank is one of the best Sigelei tanks I have tried to date and makes this a good starter kit overall. The kit seems to be accurately priced, with an average internet price of $80. The bottom line is if you are a snake lover and want a good starter kit, I think this would be for you. It performs well as a wattage device, and has a decent tank included, so there isn’t really much more to ask for in an entry level kit.

PROS

- Display is easy to navigate

- Power mode ramps up very fast

- Curvature feels good in hand

- Includes a decent tank

CONS

- Fire button is mushy and not clicky at all

- Fire button, for me, should be on the other side of the mod

- Snake styling is not for everyone, so it limits the buying group

- Battery door seems like a future failure point

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Snowwolf / Sigelei for sending it my way for review. Like I said above, a quick google search reveals that this kit can be found for about $80.

https://www.vapordna.com/Sigelei-Sobra-198W-TC-Starter-Kit-p/sisobr.htm

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors