Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Top1 rda and sub-ohm kits by Sigelei

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Sigelei Top1 kit. This device was sent to me by Sigelei for review.

dMu4s5u.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Top1 by Sigelei has been out for a while, but I finally got my hands on this for review. It takes design cues from high end cars. Everything from a speedometer style screen, to the dramatic badge on the back, it screams car theme. So if you are into cars, and into vaping, this might just be the device for you. I received both the sub ohm kit, as well as the rda kit. I will touch base on both of those and give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

WHAT YOU GET IN THE SUB OHM KIT

- 1 Top1 Mod

- 1 USB Cable

- 1 User Manual,

- 1 Warranty card

- P9 Sub ohm tank

- Spare O rings

- Spare glass

- 2 SM2 .4 Ohm Coils

WHAT YOU GET IN THE RDA KIT

- 1 Top1 Mod

- 1 USB Cable

- 1 User Manual,

- 1 Warranty card

- RDA

- Spare screws and o-rings

- Coils and cotton

- Available colors include Gun Metal, Black/Chrome, Silver/Gray, Black/Gunmetal, Black/Gold, Wood Grain, White/Gunmetal, Dark Sea, Green Camo, Rainbow (splattered not shiny)

z6aZBkF.jpg

kl0YdpL.jpg

FEATURES

When this mod hit the market, I felt like Sigelei finally took a step towards making something that really stood out. It is the first Sigelei mod to implement a large colored display, and it really stands out. The color is vibrant, bright, and easy to read. The screen makes operating the mod a breeze, and it shows everything you need to know right on it. It has a centered 510 pin and enough real estate to fit a 30mm atomizer with ease. The bottom hinging battery door feels solid and robust enough to last quite some time and the battery indicators on the door are well marked. Some devices have different material on them, but mine came with a soft carbon fiber material for grip. It feels nice in the hands as well is aesthetically pleasing. However, none of these features matter if it doesn’t vape all that great, so let’s dig in and find out!

oBu2cuZ.jpg

OPERATION

The Top1 comes equipped with a large 1.3” round LED display, but even with a large display, Sigelei kept things simple. The main screen shows the user everything they need to know including battery life, mode setting, time, and resistance. It is all laid out like gauges of a car, which as gimmicky as it is works out very well. It also scrolls in 1 watt increments, which I will always put down as a PRO. This is a very simple device to use, and it isn’t bogged down with useless settings or terminology on the screen.

There are several button combinations depending on the mode you are in, but it is simple to get the hang of once it is used a few times.

- 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off. When off, this mod displays an intricate clock on the display

- 3 clicks enters the operations menu where you can select mode, set, or exit

- MODE

- Wattage mode features soft, normal, or hard draws

- Temp control mode for SS, Ti, Ni, and TCR

- SET

- Preheat adjustments for wattage and TC modes

- GUI adjustments

- Misc. time settings

Button Combinations

- Press fire and the up button together for 3s will show the level of each battery in great detail

- Press fire and the down button together for 3s will lock the adjustment buttons (but still fire), press the same to unlock.

- Press up and down together for 3s to go into read mode, press fire and it will read the resistance of the atomizer.

PHOTOS OF THE 3 DIFFERENT GUI THEMES (tough to capture on camera, but you’ll get the idea)

ZctPaMQ.jpg

DGb8CKE.jpg

5HXJMf0.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

This has a max power of 230w, this will provide more than enough power for the average vapor. I used mine primarily in wattage mod since I am not a temp control vapor, and it worked well for this. I adjusted the preheat to ramp up some larger coils, and it vaped very nice. I don’t normally use temp control, but I did attempt it on this mod. It was controlling quite nicely and wasn’t bouncing all over the place like I have witnessed on past Sigelei mods. It ramped up quickly and held a constant level of “warmth” to the vape. I ran it set to SS316 based on my build, but I would assume that someone could gain more knowledge of the TCR settings and really dial it in. Overall performance of this mod is on point with mods in its price range, so there is nothing to really complain about. Since I received both the rda and sub-ohm kits, I will dive into how those vape next.

P9 SUB-OHM TANK

My recent post of the Vcigo K3 kit included some discussion about the O9 tank. I basically am reposting everything about the O9 tank because it is the same tank except with adjustable air flow. This tank features a plastic proprietary top cap that threads into the chimney, which has cons in itself. The first con is you cannot use your own drip tips, and the second con is that it could be cross threaded when re-installing the top. The coils are baby beast style, which is a bonus, but changing them is not simple. To change coils, the whole tank must be disassembled, and nobody go time for that. In short, this tank is not very good. The flavor is meh, and the cons outweigh the pros extensively.

Tank Pros

- Matches the mod nicely

- Uses baby beast coils which are available everywhere

Tank Cons

- Proprietary tip is plastic and is subject to cross threading during the frequent refills

- Small liquid capacity (just 2mL)

- Coils can only be changed by disassembling entire tank

- Flavor is very muted

- Coil life is worst than any other baby beast style coil I have tried

TOP 1 RDA

This rda is basically the same rda that Sigelei/Snowwolf has been putting on all their mods lately. The Vfeng squonk, Fuchai squonk, and Xfeng have all come with essentially the same RDA with a few cosmetic changes. If you want the full review, go check out my Xfeng kit review, but here are the pros and cons.

RDA PROS

- Matches the mod

- Flavor is good if you get the build right

RDA CONS

- Build deck requires just the right tools to set the coil and takes a ton of patience

- Air flow is noisy

- Air flow isn’t fully adjustable

- Top cap is thin and very lightweight. It dissipates heat well but feels cheapy made.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

With Billow X

RTeFz7u.jpg

With the Voopoo Uforce T1

YCSfWGH.jpg

Next to Minikin V2 for size comparison

qge1tIj.jpg

Next to Snowwolf Xfeng

vnCK6pO.jpg

Black/gold and black/chrome side by side

QdAvSix.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Sigelei Top1 is a mod that I had my eyes on for a while. The styling of it jumps out and it is quite unique. It will definitely appeal to car enthusiasts more than the average vapor, but for how well it works at the price point it could make its way into a lot of hands. I had to nitpick quite a bit to find flaws with this mod. The form factor is a little wonky to hold in the hand. It is built to be thumb fired in the right hand, but I wish it was a trigger finger fire for right hand instead. It just doesn’t feel like I get a good grip on it when thumb firing. That is by far my biggest con, form factor. It just doesn’t fit in the hand well. Oh, and don’t buy the kit. Steer away from the sub-ohm tank and the rda. I have been using this mod a ton, and have no other issues with it.

PROS

- Feels solid

- Display is bright and easy to read

- Operation is simple and laid out well in the menu system

- Did not witness any rattles at all

- Temp Control feels stable

CONS

- Styling is made for a niche market

- Display is bright but kind of boring.

- Up and down buttons feel “backwards” as compared to screen orientation

- Temperature control doesn’t work….. yet it is highly advertised regarding the device

- Buy just the mod and stay away from their atomizers

Thank you everyone for reading my review, and thank you to Sigelei/Snowwolf for sending it my way! If this device seems like something you want to try out, I have attached links to where it can be purchased.

Sigelei - $93.99

http://store.sigelei.com/Sigelei-Top-1-230W-Kit

Eightvape - $54.95 for mod only

https://www.eightvape.com/products/sigelei-top1-230w-mod

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

VU Sponsors