Become a Patron!

PLEASE POST BUGS AND RELATED ISSUES HERE. MODS AND ADMIN CAN ANSWER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been messing with UBlock, AdBlock and three other extensions trying to block it... uninstalled the others... did you find a way to select the entire button bar to block it in UB? Or did you have to block several separate elements to get the whole thing blocked? Thanks!
Answering my own post... to anyone interested, need to use the "dropper" or 'element picker' and in my case, had to remove the icons first, then the background, of each button. But it did work.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Answering my own post... to anyone interested, need to use the "dropper" or 'element picker' and in my case, had to remove the icons first, then the background, of each button. But it did work.

What dropper? What element picker?

Those icons don't really bug me, not too much anyway, though I confess, getting rid of them would be great. But I don't have a "dropper" or "element picker." Just a mouse with a pointy thingie, which sometimes looks like a hand.

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What dropper? What element picker?

Those icons don't really bug me, not too much anyway, though I confess, getting rid of them would be great. But I don't have a "dropper" or "element picker." Just a mouse with a pointy thingie, which sometimes looks like a hand.

Andria
They are talking about things provided via the uBlock Origin add-on for browsers. I use some of it's filter lists that also block most social media tags and banners.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These:

Screenshot-from-2020-07-02-15-27-34.png

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i use nanoadblocker an no issues then again vu is white listed normally just tested and even on it works fine with the arrow...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Okay that's interesting. I can select for moderation but to delete I need to still report, let another do. Okay.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK I can't edit in this thread but in others I was able to so possibly because it is Joe's?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I cannot find or figure out how to delete sell threads you no longer want in the hardware thread.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I cannot find or figure out how to delete sell threads you no longer want in the hardware thread.

Pretty sure only staff can delete threads of any kind, unless that's something new that members can do.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The for sale threads are typically not deleted. You mark it as sold and place a message in the thread for the mods to lock the thread.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I keep getting this half the time im on. Now I cant.
Was going to show a screenshot but my option to add a file has vanished!

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That red bouncy ball? Does it bug the absolute shit out of anyone besides me?

What is its purpose? Maybe if I understood that, it wouldn't be so aggravating.
i suspect that it is a visual to show you are sending a command or something to the script think of it as the spinning globe when you used to hit refresh.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
any one else notice that SSL goes away when signature lines have those days since counters

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That red bouncy ball? Does it bug the absolute shit out of anyone besides me?

What is its purpose? Maybe if I understood that, it wouldn't be so aggravating.

I was going to complain about it and glad you did it for me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I keep getting this half the time im on. Now I cant.
Was going to show a screenshot but my option to add a file has vanished!
Now my option to edit is gone.

I think those options are always absent in these admin-system threads; I don't think posts can be edited, either, nor can you drag in a pic, you have to post a url if you want to add a pic in these threads.

Andria

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think those options are always absent in these admin-system threads; I don't think posts can be edited, either, nor can you drag in a pic, you have to post a url if you want to add a pic in these threads.

Andria
Oh ok, thanks, that clears that bit up I never knew that about pics and edits in certain areas.
The visual issues I keep getting are like an incomplete web page with writing overlaying other writing kind of thing. Iv been unsuccessful with link stuff here before. Ill show it in the have your say thread.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Oops, meant Say it here thread. Picture of my screen issues is there.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oops, meant Say it here thread. Picture of my screen issues is there.

Well, that explains that! Disregard my befuddlement in that thread, then! :giggle:

It sounds to me like a failure to render CSS code properly. But that's all I can come up with, since I don't know this particular software, or have anything to do with it. Couldn't even tell ya if it's because of your browser, your media (PC or phone), or your operating system -- no clue. But, I do know they're probably still going around stomping "bugs" madly, getting it all running in a stable fashion, so it will probably settle down PDQ.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Did we lose trading profiles during the switch? Not seeing them on profile pages either.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh gotcha... sorry I haven’t used tapatalk in a good while. It always confused me.
I almost always view this forum using my phone, so 95% of time I use Tapatalk, not a browser. I rarely use a PC browser to check the forum.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Dislike the email notifications bring me back to vu rather open up my email. Will disable alerts if it is a permanent feature.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that really is a huge improvement, for mobile! I had to go and check it out when I saw @MrMeowgi's post -- i never used my phone to check the forum, after I discovered how awful the interface was, for mobile, and I never liked tapatalk. This is huge!

Andria

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have about 10 plugins to find for this version of Xenforo. We have the donate one, there is a trading system. Many of the older plugins became part of the forum software, so we dont need them anymore. Problem is we have to find out which ones they are :) This is whats is going to take a bit of time. Its partly my fault for not upgrading the forum sooner but it's a monumental task. Not only upgrading the software but converting everything over to SSL was another big thing. Everyone was clambering for SSL. So now you have it :)
hey joe here is one i think https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-feedback-system-2.6238/ if you have not found it...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well now I'm really confused...LOL

After loading the site using a completely different browser version on a different OS but on the same network, the arrow is showing now using THIS Linux PC. I hadn't logged out or anything and did not log-in on the WIn7 browser. Damn odd.

OH6IFLX.png

Probably not a VU issue, more likely browser/script blocking/etc. differences.
That auto scroll thing I used was written in PHP. Maybe a PHP version compatibility issue with certain versions of browsers for your specific OS installs? (and mine) Assuming the host is running Apache or NGINX.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a few broken images from older posts the past day or two, some newer images worked.

Gsmit1 already pointed out the favicon not being sorted out. Minor issue for sure but can be helpful for page hoarders like me. 78 tabs open on this window in chrome so only the favicons showing. Actually found I had a couple VU tabs open but opened new ones because I didn't see them (without hovering over the blank icon). So used to seeing the red/black VU when I didn't see it assumed I'd closed it and opened a new one lol.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a few broken images from older posts the past day or two, some newer images worked.

Gsmit1 already pointed out the favicon not being sorted out. Minor issue for sure but can be helpful for page hoarders like me. 78 tabs open on this window in chrome so only the favicons showing. Actually found I had a couple VU tabs open but opened new ones because I didn't see them (without hovering over the blank icon). So used to seeing the red/black VU when I didn't see it assumed I'd closed it and opened a new one lol.
mine works unless im confused
1593765461513.png

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I had over 600 posts/messages, now it says I only have 238. :( It also doesn't show my location in my avatar anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors