Become a Patron!

Please remove the "like"

Manic Miner

Surfs up!
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL, that would make things worse, but thanks. ;) It's not that people here are bad at giving likes... I enjoy it, and I like giving likes too, but I think it's a bad practice. I do not believe I'm not the only one that has gotten a bad feeling... Maybe it's my AVPD that makes me extra sensitive.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can't be too sensitive on the interwebs. Welcome to the Vu by the way

This is very true, especially around here. This place will either chase you off or toughen you up - if it does the latter, it's a blast. But nobody here minds telling you if you're an asshat, no tiny violins will play, and unless you've been an asshat by breaking some of the very few rules, nothing else will happen. People have to cause a SERIOUS problem round here to get the banhammer, it's not just because some moderator is having a bad hair day.

So yeah, welcome to VU! The grownup vaping forum! :giggle:

And hey, mods, don't remove the like -- it's a way of saying "Yes I agree" "or "that's funny!" without having to clutter the place up. However a thumbs-down button would be lervely. :D

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome to VU. Wait till you see all the emojis. You'll swear they're following you from thread to thread.
seeking-whom-he-may-devour.jpg

Attachments

• girl-smiley-duh-gigi_zps819008e1.gif
    girl-smiley-duh-gigi_zps819008e1.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 6

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome to VU. Wait till you see all the emojis. You'll swear they're following you from thread to thread.
View attachment 135998
It is nice to only have the like button over here imo. On that other forum I used to frequent there were too many options and the disagree button always started some kind of drama when someone hit it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I
It is nice to only have the like button over here imo. On that other forum I used to frequent there were too many options and the disagree button always started some kind of drama when someone hit it.
I like the added ratings and miss the funny & heart when over here. Red x gets used very little anymore.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People on Reddit flip out over downvotes. I see it all the time. "Thanks for down voting me. I'm not coming back to this sub". I still don't even know what the votes are for there. Some people get all bent out of shape and I don't even pay attention to my score lol.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People on Reddit flip out over downvotes. I see it all the time. "Thanks for down voting me. I'm not coming back to this sub". I still don't even know what the votes are for there. Some people get all bent out of shape and I don't even pay attention to my score lol.
Posts actually disappear from down voting over there.
Lost a couple of mine over there ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, I've been online in one way or another since 1989 -- internet since '99, when I started building websites,using both plain HTML/CSS, and content mgmt systems of quite a few different kinds, even some for .NET/ASP servers... and I have NEVER been able to figure out Reddit; how the "threading" works, how to find something... nothing. Anytime I've tried to find something on Reddit, I usually end up in a thread that's been closed since 2010 or something. :facepalm:

I'll stick to forums, Quora, and twitter -- those are actually organized in a way that makes SENSE.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'know, I've been online in one way or another since 1989 -- internet since '99, when I started building websites,using both plain HTML/CSS, and content mgmt systems of quite a few different kinds, even some for .NET/ASP servers... and I have NEVER been able to figure out Reddit; how the "threading" works, how to find something... nothing. Anytime I've tried to find something on Reddit, I usually end up in a thread that's been closed since 2010 or something. :facepalm:

I'll stick to forums, Quora, and twitter -- those are actually organized in a way that makes SENSE.

Andria
I only Reddit one forum over there.
And not a lot on this one.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/

That forum and this one are the only places I post on the net.
I was on the internet before it was known or browsers existed.
I worked in Telecom.
Before that I was on some dialup boards.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only Reddit one forum over there.
And not a lot on this one.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/

That forum and this one are the only places I post on the net.
I was on the internet before it was known or browsers existed.
I worked in Telecom.
Before that I was on some dialup boards.

Yeah I made and ran some dialup BBS's, before the internet; that was my alternative to soap operas and Harlequin novels, after I had a baby... then took a break for a few years, just kinda got tired of it, and when my back was turned, the internet happened. :D As soon as I first saw it, in Sept '99, I called up my husband at work and said "Whatever you have to do to get enough $$$ to buy me an up-to-date PC and modem, DO IT!" I was still running Win 3.1 at that time, though Win 95 had just turned into Win 98; I already knew the 9600 modem I had wasn't NEARLY fast enough, it was barely adequate for plain ASCII. Got a marginally-capable PC and 56k modem, and got on the internet -- by December, I'd learned HTML and CSS and built my first website and there was no holding me back, I went thru a series of faster and faster PCs and modems till I finally got a really good PC and broadband internet.

But I can't make heads nor tails of Reddit. It's the most disorganized mess I've ever seen.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I can't make heads nor tails of Reddit. It's the most disorganized mess I've ever seen.

That and Fake Book both somehow manage to frighten me in an odd way. Although today my baby brother got me bawling over a post he made on Fake Book. I really need to punch that asshole. *chuckles*

His post reminded me that me and him both never had a father that reached out to their kids. It also reminded me we both learned better from that. Thirdly, it recalled my Pap and how he taught us. He lived what he taught. If you couldn't keep up and got it wrong, that was all on you. Pap didn't repeat. Pap might if you got lucky tell you he loved you once. Otherwise you knew he did because of how he lived.

Yeah, need to punch my baby brother. Too much dust to work on RDAs.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How ironic: A post complaining about "like"s getting seven likes.

One of the VERY few things I like better about Quora than here is that there is also a "down vote" arrow. ;)

Andria

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
One of the VERY few things I like better about Quora than here is that there is also a "down vote" arrow. ;)
A site called "DSL Reports" (aka: "BroadBand Reports") used to have both "up" and "down" vote buttons. But then some people with frequently unpopular PoVs complained about the downvote buttons and they were removed.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:sarcasm:Maybe we should have a like a bit, like alot, sort of like, like but confused, like hot dog and :pizza:.....:thanks::nothingtoadd:

I want a "thought Silly Putty did it better' button. Why? Why not? *grin*

Actually we ought to have a number of goats rating system. "How many goats is this post worth to you? 1 - 5" We cannot use dolphin anal sex encounters because there's some environmental law protecting the now alleged "sacred" dolphin and human interaction. Otherwise we might have the question be; "How many times would you let a dolphin fuck your ass for this post? 1 - 5"

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It reminds me of Facebook. It's not nice for those with low self esteem. So please!
What are you, a millennial? Yes we do keep score in the real world and there are winners and losers. No points for trying. lol
Low self esteem see a therapist. Vape on.. and LIKE on!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What are you, a millennial? Yes we do keep score in the real world and there are winners and losers. No points for trying. lol
Low self esteem see a therapist. Vape on.. and LIKE on!

*chuckling heartily borrows a quote* "That's some funny shit right there."

I'm probably the only person what can both agree with and disagree with you all in same stroke. Can agree because I can grasp your point and do see it having a good bit of validity. Can disagree because I've struggled in life with low self esteem and grasp that point as well. Now, granted I've been to therapists. *sighs* As much as I can agree "talking helps" can agree that "talking helps nothing".

Here are some quick summary lessons I've learned in living.

"Fuck a truck! Ride a horse there cowboy and get back in the saddle if it throws ya!"

Life will kick your ass to the ground. What matters is not the stumble, but that you pick your ass up, dust off and get back to the fight. That has to be your only response too. Why? Well, if you want to lay on the ground you'll get walked over by others living life.

Crying over whatever can only make a person go mad, in a very negative way. Not saying grief over losing those dear is not needed, desired. Am saying that life requires us to meter ourselves with an adage of "all things in moderation, even moderation itself."

"You're unique & "special", my son, ... just like everyone else."

It is perfectly fine if 10,000 people dislike you. Hell, would be surprised it would be only so few. Why is it fine? Well consider there's now roughly 9 to 10 billion people on Earth. Gee, somebody is bound to like you, somebody is also bound to dislike you. That's human nature. I'm not one to suggest accepting "that's the way it is and nothing will change" but sometimes you need to pick your battles understanding that principle too.

Shit happens. It happens to everyone in equal measure too. Don't believe that? Fine, believe what you want, least you're believing something. Point being everyone faces the shit in life. That won't change unless you die. Life is change, it's a process, it's vibration which in its rights is conflict, rebellion.

Oh and the bold quote above this section is an actual quote from my mom. She is always great about shit like that, build you up and tear you down all at the same time. But her wisdom does sink in. Reckon my Pap brought her up "right" after all. :)

"Love is the ultimate power of the 'verse."

I'm getting more and more convinced, life is truly the most beautiful miracle of love. The Cosmos certainly would like to follow the "path of least resistance", that would mean no life. Well, apparently there's some form of conscious "out there" which loves itself and in doing so realizes its own awareness, life. So in Its wisdom It created life so as to express love. You have to admit such a theory conveys the awesomeness of living. :)

To clarify, I'm not saying there is, or is not any god/God. What I am saying is there exists a possibility. The same possibility that mankind invents gods exists too. Still, in all I've lived, experienced I have to admit there has always seemed there is something "out there". That only makes sense to me too if I ask the honest question of "Gee, all this shit happens, wonder who or what is slinging shit my way?" Of course, the possibility that shit "just happens" exists too. *chuckles* I know, that's a rather broad circular argument. Not quite able to phrase it any better, words get in the way.

TL;DR or, "Hey dip-shit, this ain't worth half a goat."

So yes, can agree and disagree with you. Still love ya either way. *hug* See, tell y'all I'm fucked up. Now, ya ought to start figuring out I'm being honest. :)

Ultimately, doing creates living. Worrying over petty stuff such as this one or that one likes this or that you say/write, is a waste of time. You'll piss people off, you'll have people agreeing with ya. That happens the same as shit happening. Get the fuck over it and do, live. All the rest of us are doing that and well it seems to work out at least "okay". *chuckles* "Fuck the Bozos!" And while I'm at it, "Hey you guys! :D Go fuck yourself!"

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
YUP! Like or not, I don't care, but I don't get all depressed if someone doesn't like what I say. Hell, most of the time people DON'T like what I say. And I don't care. lol.
LOL I've called a member in another forum who had been a member 3 years longer than I was a "toodle puffer" and told him to get out of the advanced section and go back to new users. LMAO. Experience is not the same as expertise. He may have puffed a 20w mod for 10 years but that doesnt mean he can build for a Doomsday mod..

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL I've called a member in another forum who had been a member 3 years longer than I was a "toodle puffer" and told him to get out of the advanced section and go back to new users. LMAO. Experience is not the same as expertise. He may have puffed a 20w mod for 10 years but that doesnt mean he can build for a Doomsday mod..

*LOL* True enough indeed. Though for me, kind of prefer sticking with a professional over an expert. An expert it usually seems can tell you how well they are at something specific. Fine and well. When the shit gets slung into the fan, there's the professional muddling along quietly and not minding having to mix half a dozen skills, ways of doing to get through it.

So, yep I got brought up that being a jack of all trades was a good thing. Might not preform brain surgery but figure I could at least point you to a brain. I mean everyone knows it's behind your belly button. Your brain is that primal beast always wanting beans, nice luscious and life giving beans. Hm, yummy beans, ... Oh, got diverged. *chuckles*

Put another way, I'll be a cook and remain a cook over being a chef. Damn chefs might know to cook but they usually stand out of the kitchen bitching at every other cook to cook. Maybe they are entitled, but maybe not too? Meanwhile have ya some crash breakfast omelet cooked up by somebody tossing in the kitchen sink to make up a quick breakfast on the spot. Damn it, nearly lost the beans. Be right back, ...

YUP! Like or not, I don't care, but I don't get all depressed if someone doesn't like what I say. Hell, most of the time people DON'T like what I say. And I don't care. lol.

For the longest time as I considered writing as something more than a hobby to do, I was paralyzed by having to try being the least offensive I could be. Some wise old bird, who might have written one of the best fantasy series ever, saw my struggling. Her advice: "Fuck 'em all if they can't take a joke. No matter what anyone writes, it is guaranteed someone will be offended. So you writer, fucking write like nobody cares, even you."

And then probably the best or worst thing in life happened. *chuckles* I saw The Big Leboski.

The Stranger: There's just one thing, Dude.

The Dude: And what's that?

The Stranger: Do you have to use so many cuss words?

The Dude: What the fuck you talking about?

The Stranger: Okay, Dude. Have it your way.

The Stranger: Take it easy, Dude.

The Dude: Oh, yeah!

The Stranger: I know that you will.

The Dude: Yeah, well - the Dude abides.

[Exits with beers in hand]

The Stranger: [to the camera] The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.

And well, Sam Elliot just ain't ever wrong even if he admits being wrong. :)

Last edited:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

could not help myself.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

could not help myself.

*LOL* "And then, ....?"

Nah dude, c'mon you could have helped yourself. *chuckles* But it's alright, I'm just as pathetic as well. *chuckles* We're all such a shameful race of duplicitous fools as to not help ourselves. Seems we all need our heroes. *shaking my head with arms open to hug you*

One day, ...
Just might tell 'em all to go hide and watch. 'Til then, ...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well... I'm a tootle puffer, but a long damn way from a new user. Can I build for some cloud chucker atty? No, never tried, never needed to, so i wouldn't presume to offer an opinion. Build for a low-wattage/high-resistance atty? Yep, I'm a jen-yoo-wine expert on those! For five years!

Just being a "tootle puffer" has NOTHING to do with being a beginner or an expert. It's just one preference.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just being a "tootle puffer" has NOTHING to do with being a beginner or an expert. It's just one preference.

Can agree with this. At one time I too tootle puffed. Then, I realized the power of Squonk + RDAs (Thank you @Hank F. Spankman aka Spanky). And then, I learned Jesus was an architect and Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil. ;) :):D

Not sure I could go back to enjoying tootle puffing. Suppose if it was a have to do, I'd be suited to do it. It's not so much that I chuck clouds now. I might get some nice ones once in a while, mostly though I have moderate clouds. It doesn't matter much to me beyond enjoying the texture of more cloud in the use of RDAs.

I'm so glad we can all find what we like. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can agree with this. At one time I too tootle puffed. Then, I realized the power of Squonk + RDAs (Thank you @Hank F. Spankman aka Spanky). And then, I learned Jesus was an architect and Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil. ;) :):D

Not sure I could go back to enjoying tootle puffing. Suppose if it was a have to do, I'd be suited to do it. It's not so much that I chuck clouds now. I might get some nice ones once in a while, mostly though I have moderate clouds. It doesn't matter much to me beyond enjoying the texture of more cloud in the use of RDAs.

I'm so glad we can all find what we like. :)

Yep, and it does seem more "usual," that people start with "tootle puffing," then move on, often to something a lot more cloudy -- I got my son started with some old cartos I still had hanging around, just because i knew the "feel" they give is quite similar to the feel of hitting a cigarette... and it worked great for him, but he could tell right off that he couldn't tolerate nearly as much PG as I use in my own vape, and it was probably less than 3 months that he grew very unhappy with the tight draw of a carto, or even a KFL+ open all the way, so now he's a true "cloud chucker." And actually, I did help him just a bit, at first, when he was learning to build coils, by suggesting he get 27ga and even 26ga wire, and he did very well with that, until he got some of the mesh coils and decided they provided his vape nirvana. He hasn't tried building mesh coils, but so far he can still buy them. I guess if that situation changes, he may be forced to learn to build with mesh, as I was forced to DIY to get the high PG I require. And yes, it truly is great that there seems to be a way to vape for EVERYBODY... if we just take the time and trouble to figure out what works best for us, and then figure out how to get it.

But as i've said, I'm completely OVER all that tootle vs cloudz controversary, because in the whole scheme of vapers against greedy evil bastards, vapers need to stick together and stop all the internal bickering. Vaping is a GREAT thing, no matter one's taste in vaping, and we all need to stick together and make sure vaping remains, for all those who haven't yet discovered its blessings.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actual translation is 'handy man' not carpenter.

View attachment 151587

Well, even "handy" man becomes ambiguous if you ponder it. Know a guy that does odd work, mends fences, timbers, digs trenches, builds houses & structures, he is a "handy man". Know another guy that enjoys video games, music, books but he is cute as a button. He is a "handy" man too.

Words are such variable creatures. Sometimes a person has to ponder the magic of communication happening.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, even "handy" man becomes ambiguous if you ponder it. Know a guy that does odd work, mends fences, timbers, digs trenches, builds houses & structures, he is a "handy man". Know another guy that enjoys video games, music, books but he is cute as a button. He is a "handy" man too.

Words are such variable creatures. Sometimes a person has to ponder the magic of communication happening.
Magic of communication of chaos of communication?

VU Sponsors