Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Starting with Vaping Underground 2.0

VU is a vaping forum. For a while we allowed non-vaping conversation to take hold, usually without question. However, politics, at least for the time being will no longer be a topic of conversation here at VU. I want VU to be an ESCAPE from the SJW of world on both sides. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We ARE NOT here to be your sounding board.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT OUR POLICY - YOU CAN LEAVE.

I'm not going to lose staff and members I care about because you want to fight about stupid shit.

NO NEGOTIATIONS - END OF STORY

THE MUD PIT POLITICAL CONVERSATIONS WILL BE ARCHIVED AND SET TO READ ONLY MODE.

POLITICS IN TERMS OF VAPING LAW AND REGULATION IS ALWAYS WELCOME.

-Vaporjoe

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a world wide web out there to argue about politics on, which I'm not in any way against.

Which is why, except when politics intersects with vaping, I stay away from politics here.I've never even clicked on a political thread. I come here to talk about vaping.

I don't know the whole story, but I do know that Joe and Tyger have the right to do what they want with their site.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Good riddance...forum was fine without it before, it will be fine without going forward

We can go back to arguing about other vape related stuff instead and invest more in the community instead ....just how it used to be before that shit show all started

30,000. + political news links since August last year in a single thread ...come on even the previous ones weren’t that out of control...getting to point of ridiculous seeing that at the top of new posts all the damn time.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
...continuing on

Not all of it was bad, some worthy discussions for sure...but a whole lot of it was unproductive self serving bollocks ended up in pile ons and just general shittery for those having to deal with it.... that’s not how to build a community base.

right thing to do for the longevity of the forum imo

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good riddance...forum was fine without it before, it will be fine without going forward

We can go back to arguing about other vape related stuff instead and invest more in the community instead ....just how it used to be before that shit show all started

30,000. + political news links since August last year in a single thread ...come on even the previous ones weren’t that out of control...getting to point of ridiculous seeing that at the top of new posts all the damn time.

I look at "new posts" several times a day. Just a few minutes ago literally half of the threads in new posts were social threads and not vape related as is always the case.

Say it here, keep a word drop a word, jimis daily health, a couple of happy birthday threads, ect.

VU has never been just about vaping. I don't read the social threads, I have friends outside the internet. You'd think people that don't want to discuss politics would refrain from reading them. ;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
right thing to do for the longevity of the forum imo

Reduced activity has never been a plus for a forum.

It's not my call though...................

I joined VU several years ago and learned what I needed to in a few weeks. I stuck around for the conversation. I can sure leave without a purpose to be here. I got no stake in the forum itself, don't make money off vaping. I'll just go about my merry way...............:wave:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure those other topics are not driving people to hatred of each other and off the forum when the presumed object of this site is to have vaping in common.

LOL.

Go back and read some old threads from the beginnings of the forum. Hate and discontent has been a part of VU since it started. We fought like cats and dogs over nicotine, vendors, mech mods, everything.

VU exists because of it. Otherwise, everyone would have stayed at ECF.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got no stake in the forum itself,
That's because you're not a vaping enthusiast. Which there's nothing wrong with, but that's supposed to be the primary purpose of this site.
I'll just go about my merry way...............
I don't know you at all. As far as I'm aware, this is the very first interaction you and I have ever had with one another so I have no interest in insulting or attacking you.

That said, if you're not here to participate in a community of vapors, You may actually be on the wrong site. NOT that I want to see you go. I have no view on that one way or another because like I say, I don't know you at all. I'm referring to your own personal contentment.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL.

Go back and read some old threads from the beginnings of the forum. Hate and discontent has been a part of VU since it started. We fought like cats and dogs over nicotine, vendors, mech mods, everything.

VU exists because of it. Otherwise, everyone would have stayed at ECF.
Fair enough. I wasn't around then. However, at least those disagreements were over what the purpose of this site actually is.

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The problem is when the government really starts clamping down on vaping. It becomes political. So that means the entire site will have to close because it is political.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I look at "new posts" several times a day. Just a few minutes ago literally half of the threads in new posts were social threads and not vape related as is always the case.
I don't know if you know this, but "New Posts" is personalized based upon somebody's click history. I've never once seen a thread from one of the political discussions in my "New Posts." Because I never go there. You see so many because you do.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem is when the government really starts clamping down on vaping. It becomes political. So that means the entire site will have to close because it is political.
There's a real point in here, but not necessarily.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fair enough. I wasn't around then. However, at least those disagreements were over what the purpose of this site actually is.

Like I said, nearly half of all threads in "New posts" are not vaping related.

A senior admin mod(one of the first of the original founders of VU) started the original political thread.

I'll do like Joe said and leave. No biggy. VU is no longer the place for me. No big deal.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Or stay plenty of other rabbit holes to build upon

enjoyed our recent engagements in there Time, could always stay and invest into other conversation areas? if all you want to do is talk politics though I’d understand that position

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reduced activity has never been a plus for a forum.

It's not my call though...................

I joined VU several years ago and learned what I needed to in a few weeks. I stuck around for the conversation. I can sure leave without a purpose to be here. I got no stake in the forum itself, don't make money off vaping. I'll just go about my merry way...............:wave:
noticed that. No donator badge....

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if you know this, but "New Posts" is personalized based upon somebody's click history.

No, it's not.

"New posts" shows just that. Threads with new posts.

Those are the active threads. At least half of the active threads on VU are not vaping related.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
VU is a vaping forum. For a while we allowed non-vaping conversation to take hold, usually without question. However, politics, at least for the time being will no longer be a topic of conversation here at VU. I want VU to be an ESCAPE from the SJW of world on both sides. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We ARE NOT here to be your sounding board.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT - LEAVE.

I'm not going to lose staff and members I care about because you want to fight about stupid shit.

NO NEGOTIATIONS - END OF STORY

-Vaporjoe
Weak.

Vaporjoe folds like a wet paper bag.

I understand your position. However, the difference between me and many others in the community is I know timing.
THIS forum inst about Poltiics. That doesn't mean Im not going to start one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors