Become a Patron!

positive pin kit for 4nine...?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey team, a friend of mine was telling me about a replacement piece for the top cap of a 4nine mod that adds a positive pin. i have a Prime mod delivering today and they have the same top cap. i am looking for this positive pin, but i can only find it with magnets for the switch. i simply want the poisitive pin part...?

can anyone point me in the right direction?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So you wanting to convert it from a hybrid mod to a standard? Why?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
isnt there an issue with flush fitting contact RDAs shorting or something?

i was under the impression this was a safety issue? is it not? id prefer to run it stock, but if that pin allows me to use any RDAs safely then ill go for it.

thoughts?

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FC sells one but atty's will not sit flush. I have one.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
isnt there an issue with flush fitting contact RDAs shorting or something?

i was under the impression this was a safety issue? is it not? id prefer to run it stock, but if that pin allows me to use any RDAs safely then ill go for it.

thoughts?
As with ANY hybrid top mechs...you only need to make sure that the positive post extends at least 1-2mm past the underside of the cap. I have the 4nine as well as a 29 (xxix) and my procedure is this: Never ever ever ever ever have a battery loaded and NO atty installed. When removing the atty, remove the top cap WITH it. Then when you attach a new atty to the hybrid adaptor...so the "finger swipe" to verify that the centre post extends past the cap. This is especially necessary with the 29 clone, as there is no insulator in the hybrid top.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As with ANY hybrid top mechs...you only need to make sure that the positive post extends at least 1-2mm past the underside of the cap. I have the 4nine as well as a 29 (xxix) and my procedure is this: Never ever ever ever ever have a battery loaded and NO atty installed. When removing the atty, remove the top cap WITH it. Then when you attach a new atty to the hybrid adaptor...so the "finger swipe" to verify that the centre post extends past the cap. This is especially necessary with the 29 clone, as there is no insulator in the hybrid top.

or i could get this top cap pin and forget about all of that right...?

sounds like the wiser move IMO.

VU Sponsors