Become a Patron!

Post-PMTA Updates

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My point was always intended to be about the shortfills ie no nic over here and would they bypass the deeming regs.
Apologies for any confusion since one shots are not much of a thing over here.
Over here, one shots are popular only among those vapers who want to keep it both cheap and as easy as possible, while still also being a lot more picky about flavor than those who buy cheap juices that taste like shit (Flavourtec/Millers/Heisenberg and some others).
Or so i think anyway, may be totally wrong since I have not bought any premade juice stuff for over 5 years.
Since the vast majority of it causes me extreme distress.
I vape only premium, store-bought juices. Almost all of them are imported from the US, and, this afternoon I finished a 60ml bottle of Barista Brew Co. - White Chocolate Mocha so right now I'm vaping 100ml Sad Boy - Strawberry Blood.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Over here, one shots are popular only among those vapers who want to keep it both cheap and as easy as possible, while still also being a lot more picky about flavor than those who buy cheap juices that taste like shit (Flavourtec/Millers/Heisenberg and some others).

I vape only premium, store-bought juices. Almost all of them are imported from the US, and, this afternoon I finished a 60ml bottle of Barista Brew Co. - White Chocolate Mocha so right now I'm vaping 100ml Sad Boy - Strawberry Blood.

I have extreme allergic reaction to some ingredient(s) in most all commercial juice I ever tried.
If not for a cheap gas station chinese tobacco juice I could vape I would have given up on vaping and now be anti vape as hell. I quickly moved into DIY to keep vaping.
from vaping as little as a few ml of an offending juice I get severe oral, throat and lung irritation/swelling and complete lost of taste. Takes maybe 3 days to recover.
I tossed around 80% of flavorings I tried for this issue. I learned if I got tingly lips on the fist pull or two it was deadly to me if I kept on vaping.

I am not alone in this and have chatted with a handful of others with this problem. I suspect that most who have it gave up vaping as a very bad deal very quickly.

this is not something that ANY juice maker will admit to and there is just glimmerings of it among vape researchers still now.

vague mentions of allergic reactions and such.

Reactions: MC5

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have extreme allergic reaction to some ingredient(s) in most all commercial juice I ever tried.
If not for a cheap gas station chinese tobacco juice I could vape I would have given up on vaping and now be anti vape as hell. I quickly moved into DIY to keep vaping.
from vaping as little as a few ml of an offending juice I get severe oral, throat and lung irritation/swelling and complete lost of taste. Takes maybe 3 days to recover.
I tossed around 80% of flavorings I tried for this issue. I learned if I got tingly lips on the fist pull or two it was deadly to me if I kept on vaping.

I am not alone in this and have chatted with a handful of others with this problem. I suspect that most who have it gave up vaping as a very bad deal very quickly.

this is not something that ANY juice maker will admit to and there is just glimmerings of it among vape researchers still now.

vague mentions of allergic reactions and such.
I never got any serious issues with juices. Throat irritation and/or chest pains resulting from the particular choice of juice happen to me only rarely, and that is despite I cough if even just a single stray cotton fiber is touching the outside of a coil's surface... it stings, just like when vaping on a pair of alien coils the hot spots in which haven't been worked out fully. Also, I can't vape in a room where something very specific (and that I can't actually describe) is wrong with the air that most people don't even seem to be noticing in any way, as it tends to give me a general sense of feeling ill even if I don't vape in it, usually also giving me a headache, and, vaping in it instantly causes me to feel like I have a crumb stuck inside my throat so, a while after that happens or if the coil build that I use is a hot vape, I often scrape my throat a lot. A hot vape gives me a sore throat also in addition to that. So in fact I'm much more sensitive to other factors that typically are all unrelated to premium juice choices. I dunno if (some of) these symptoms are somehow linked to allergies. I'm HSP so there's no easy way for me to identify the logical connections about that.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This Thread is supposed to be for PMTA updates and not someones imagninary BS Symptoms or Allergies. Back on Track Please....................

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Thread is supposed to be for PMTA updates and not someones imagninary BS Symptoms or Allergies. Back on Track Please....................
That time of month Setvie?
2nd thread this evening you have attacked me in. Guess I need to revisit the porch...

Well second I have seen so far.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Buddy but PMTA has nothing to do with that..........................
You're right, but there was no way to be sure about that until after the PMTA. Hence the update that actually confirms this truth about PMTA..........................

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That time of month Setvie?
2nd thread this evening you have attacked me in. Guess I need to revisit the porch...

Well second I have seen so far.
He's just keeping us updated about his Post-Menstrual Traumatic Affliction.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry Buddy but PMTA has nothing to do with that..........................
If it is known that some ingredients in vape juice does cause serious allergic reactions in some then the FDA/PMTA will be involved in that angle.
They always have been where allergic reactions were concerned.
Keep an eye out for this angle of regulations in the future.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hearing about your allergies is not PMTA related.
It most certainly is. The entire process is supposedly to ensure that vaping is safe...
If some have allergies to ingredients in ejuice the warning labels or banning of ingredients would follow.

Look for something along these lines in a year or so.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't get the thread shut down A-Hole because I was not quoting things from months ago. I was reporting Relevant Issues that are happening right now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So argue with Joe about it?
I did not notice him disagreeing with your being the cause.

I did not lock the thread.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I didn't get the thread shut down A-Hole because I was not quoting things from months ago. I was reporting Relevant Issues that are happening right now.

Nah, you got the thread shut down by reporting minutia and talking about Joe like he wasn't there

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are the one who is butthurt and making so much noise about it A-Hole.
Me butt hurt? Naah just enjoying poking at ya, which I will do every time you stalk me and call me a liar.
Do not flatter yourself. Not sure that your anal fixation is very healthy though.

I am having fun, how about you?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Me butt hurt? Naah just enjoying poking at ya, which I will do every time you stalk me and call me a liar.
Do not flatter yourself. Not sure that your anal fixation is very healthy though.

I am having fun, how about you?

Shooting fish in a barrel - fucking hilarious

But to be on topic - you'd be crazy not to be prepared for the worst

While I am happy that many online sources and US gear makers are going to cowboy this thing though, it seems naive and overly trusting of government to think they won't try to shut down all legal channels of obtaining nonPMTA compliant gear

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep as I have said before from what the FDA has said they are allowing 90 days to help filers get their PMTA applications into an acceptable order and make lists of any thing that is still legal to sell because of an accepted filed PMTA application. Expect the hammer to start coming down after that.

those playing cowboy will find that the wild west days of vaping in the US is over pretty quickly.

sad but how I see it shaking out.
esp since the vape savior that many were touting did nothing and will do nothing for vaping.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HeavenGifts reporting they had their Paypal account suspended for selling vape...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's going to be much worse once the nicotine tax passes.:(
yepper if that passes....
How many of us can afford a $3,000 - 5,000 liter of 100 mg/ml nic?

I figure it will ultimately pass. Common knowledge about nicotine caused health issues are totally warped.
I think the majority in the US are convinced that nicotine is what causes smokers to get cancer and such.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Common knowledge about nicotine

In the article linked above, note the doublequotes around "nicotine addiction". Nicotine addiction is a lie. Just because the tobacco industry has admitted (in federal court during the M$A trial in 1998) that nicotine is addictive, doesn't also mean that what they have admitted is true. To be able to "prove" that nicotine in absence of combustible tobacco smoke is addictive, scientists had to genetically manipulate rats, put them in a complex environment, subject them to complex stimuli in ways that are complex, systematically ignore all of the contradicting evidence (which there is a LOT...), systematically ignore the fact that none of the addictiveness studies as far as smoke-free nicotine is concerned have been applied to human test subjects, systematically ignore the fact that, despite this, it is still perfectly legal for Big Pharma to, till hell freezes over twice, keep on claiming that nicotine patches, gums, lozenges, and oral sprays are NOT addictive... this list goes on. Heck, even the evidence to support the claim that the addiction models derived from animal studies involving nicotine as a substance are NOT applicable to humans is staggering. If smoke-free nicotine is such a highly addictive substance, then why DID scientists need to genetically manipulate the rats to be able to prove their theory, anyway in the first place? Did they have to genetically manipulate rats to prove that smoking crack is addictive? Did they have to hide any contradicting evidence to achieve that goal?

Case in point: by the mid-1990s, the tobacco industry had already found out that simply "admitting" in federal court that nicotine is addictive ("admitting", i.e. by lying about it) was going to save them billions of dollars in the long haul. Because, what they're doing right now as I'm typing this is, they're buying THOSE SPECIFIC trade secrets from the vaping industry that help smokers stop smoking EFFECTIVELY, and are buying them for a shin after the PMTA has caused these same trade secrets to no longer remain profitable for the vape manufacturers. These trade secrects will never again be used to manufacture the specific type of smoking cessation aids that work EFFECTIVELY. What you'll see instead are products that LOOK like they work effectively, when the reality is that they're the ones that, for the most part anyway, merely encourage dual use.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i'm stocked up. You?

Common knowledge about nicotine caused health issues are totally warped.
I think the majority in the US are convinced that nicotine is what causes smokers to get cancer and such.
Even some MDs are misinformed; there was a study from Rutgers U. recently that found lots of doctors think that nicotine causes cancer, etc. That's how effective disinformation campaigns can be!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i'm stocked up. You?

Crom is stocked to the nth degree - as are most of us here

Even some MDs are misinformed; there was a study from Rutgers U. recently that found lots of doctors think that nicotine causes cancer, etc. That's how effective disinformation campaigns can be!

Did you see the documentary A Billion Lives ? Had doctors admitting they did not know nicotine is not a carcinogen - it was pretty shocking

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i'm stocked up. You?

The vast majority of "studies" about the harmfulness of "nicotine addiction" have one thing in common. They all desperately try to confound nicotine with the various multiple effects combinations caused by inhaling combustible tobacco smoke, to nurture the old myth that nicotine is addictive. The reality is that smoke-free nicotine suppresses withdrawal symptoms resulting from combustible tobacco addiction. The fact that vapers who vape nicotine are experiencing withdrawal symptoms soon after they enter a period of nicotine abstinence is caused by being an ex-smoker. This can be concluded from the fact that those specific ex-smokers who are never-vapers are experiencing withdrawal symptoms enough that they relapse back to smoking combustible tobacco cigarettes, even after more than a whole decade of having quit. Vaping freebase nicotine has never been shown to be addictive. Some people drink water within the first hour after they wake up in the morning each day, and they continue to drink it frequently so, does this prove that water is addictive? IMO false arguments are false. It's called fascism for a reason. I have said it before, and will keep saying it... more people should go read Stanley Milgram's Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View. And learn what made fascism work for the nazis.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I figure it will ultimately pass. Common knowledge about nicotine caused health issues are totally warped.

As I understand it, the bill was passed by the House and sits waiting for the Senate to vote on it. If they don't vote on it by Jan, it dies. If they vote and it passes the Senate, the Executive office stated it would be vetoed.

I have a feeling they will let it die and stick the proposed tax in another bill that no administration would likely veto.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a feeling they will let it die and stick the proposed tax in another bill that no administration would likely veto.
Agreed.

Out gummit is all about tax and spend.
Only difference is who to tax and what to overspend on.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't do the twitter thing so I can't verify, but I've been hearing that the FDA is using Twitter to hire inspectors to go around to vape shops to make sure everything they are selling is "legal", meaning, accepted or approved PMTA.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not sure how they are going about doing it but the FDA is hiring a LOT of people due to Deeming Regs and PMTA. What exactly they are going to be used for I am not sure. Some for enforcement no doubt and some for the PMTA testing/approval process.

And lets not forget that the president and others pushed for fees on the vaping industry to pay for such things.
I think we can see that becoming fact in the near future.

VU Sponsors