Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't even make aliens you guys are awsome

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
There was a time when we said that as well. Its all about how much time you wanna get away from the wife... I mean, devote to sitting down and building something till you get it right

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There was a time when we said that as well. Its all about how much time you wanna get away from the wife... I mean, devote to sitting down and building something till you get it right

my gf bitches when I make fused claptons she hated when I tried alien wire because it took forever to get enough wire to make a 4 wrap single coil. Maybe next time I'm home alone I'll try again

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

my gf bitches when I make fused claptons she hated when I tried alien wire because it took forever to get enough wire to make a 4 wrap single coil. Maybe next time I'm home alone I'll try again

Mine suggested a new location to store my drill

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine suggested a new location to store my drill

that's love right there man lmao.
I told the gf id build in our back bedroom/office space but it's carpet. The first time she got a piece of 24ga stuck in her foot she banned me to our kitchen

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's love right there man lmao.
I told the gf id build in our back bedroom/office space but it's carpet. The first time she got a piece of 24ga stuck in her foot she banned me to our kitchen

Magnets man, flesh saver.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Magnets man, flesh saver.

It was n80 sadly I have since only used kanthal with anything thicker then 30ga so i can actually pick it up with the shop magnet I have I had ran many a pieces of 22-28 into my foot until I started using kanthal lol

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was n80 sadly I have since only used kanthal with anything thicker then 30ga so i can actually pick it up with the shop magnet I have I had ran many a pieces of 22-28 into my foot until I started using kanthal lol

This
2ed3ef28aa32262c7890376be685ed4b.jpg
(patent pending)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally made myself a fused clapton (2X26g SS with 32gKanthal wrap), I can see why ya'll do it now. Only drawback is it heats up my atomizer incredibly quickly. I have a new system coming though (avocado) and plan on giving that a try, with the Haze the coil is offset and simply hangs too close to the edge, I think being able to center it and get some space will help that issue. Fun getting back into experimenting rather than just sticking with my plain old Twisted/Helix builds. Also did the chain link (just twisted then fold in half and reverse twist again) which worked out quite well. Wish I could take pictures but I don't have anything that will focus close enough that you'd actually see anything. Anyways thanks for the inspiration.

As a thought, seems like the idea is to create something that will heat up nicely but the more open space the better. I noticed the chain link thing opens up a lot of space, claptons create a kind of wick of it's own. Anyone tried claptoning the chain link type thing? Figure once I get my new toy I'll be giving that a try, but seemed like there'd be a silly amount of juice just inside the coil, could be a good thing?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Finally made myself a fused clapton (2X26g SS with 32gKanthal wrap), I can see why ya'll do it now. Only drawback is it heats up my atomizer incredibly quickly. I have a new system coming though (avocado) and plan on giving that a try, with the Haze the coil is offset and simply hangs too close to the edge, I think being able to center it and get some space will help that issue. Fun getting back into experimenting rather than just sticking with my plain old Twisted/Helix builds. Also did the chain link (just twisted then fold in half and reverse twist again) which worked out quite well. Wish I could take pictures but I don't have anything that will focus close enough that you'd actually see anything. Anyways thanks for the inspiration.

As a thought, seems like the idea is to create something that will heat up nicely but the more open space the better. I noticed the chain link thing opens up a lot of space, claptons create a kind of wick of it's own. Anyone tried claptoning the chain link type thing? Figure once I get my new toy I'll be giving that a try, but seemed like there'd be a silly amount of juice just inside the coil, could be a good thing?
You can always make smaller versions of the FC for less overall heat but same experience...Micro Fus3ed Claptons/Nano Fused Claptons. Also the thinner the outer wrap the faster it ramps u and cools down but it still keeps the wicking properties and flavor that claptons are popular for.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can always make smaller versions of the FC for less overall heat but same experience...Micro Fus3ed Claptons/Nano Fused Claptons. Also the thinner the outer wrap the faster it ramps u and cools down but it still keeps the wicking properties and flavor that claptons are popular for.
Yeah, I'd have to get some more wire if I did this, but I like the tips. I have 22/24/26g SS, 22/24/26/28/32/40/44g Kanthal. So could go with the 28g Kanthal core but I'm a fan of SS (and didn't feel like dealing with the 40g), ramp up isn't much of an issue and after vaping this all night I've worn in the coil and the heat transfer seems to have calmed down a little. Enough that I don't feel it's dangerous. I can also see how you go through so much juice now too!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I'd have to get some more wire if I did this, but I like the tips. I have 22/24/26g SS, 22/24/26/28/32/40/44g Kanthal. So could go with the 28g Kanthal core but I'm a fan of SS (and didn't feel like dealing with the 40g), ramp up isn't much of an issue and after vaping this all night I've worn in the coil and the heat transfer seems to have calmed down a little. Enough that I don't feel it's dangerous. I can also see how you go through so much juice now too!
Yea with 5 or 6 Fused Clapton, Staple, and Alien builds in rotation juice goes faster then air. Batteries are another thing that seem to go just as fast :D

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope resistance would be so low you wouldnt be able to fire them....Unless you twist it with Kanthal and make many wraps....
I will try them with some SS wire when I get some though...

Decided to try a standard clapton for experementation purposes to use up some ni

28/26 ni200 7 wraps over 3.5mm id came out at 0.07

Ran on a Sigelei 75w tc at 40w 450'f and first impressions is its not bad at all.
uploadfromtaptalk1454277602513.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Decided to try a standard clapton for experementation purposes to use up some ni

28/26 ni200 7 wraps over 3.5mm id came out at 0.07

Ran on a Sigelei 75w tc at 40w 450'f and first impressions is its not bad at all.
View attachment 39924

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Wire is a bit bigger then I prefer but as long as it works then its great nonetheless!

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trying to get resistance up on these framed staples i made these. 33k twisted frame 5x.5k ribbon core 40n80 helix
c8f48ae690570237c34aacdf674662f2.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Trying to get resistance up on these framed staples i made these. 33k twisted frame 5x.5k ribbon core 40n80 helix
c8f48ae690570237c34aacdf674662f2.jpg

Im going to estimate a 6 wrap/3mm will be around .08-.1 Dual Coil

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Moot point now....
53cf6b46b0397ea719e1487695d1ba8e.jpg
it wasn't stable enough to wrap, the ribbon tore thru the 40ga helix as i wrapped it

That happened to most of my Framed Staples Ive done....Its the one thing that keeps me from making them more..Just make a simple staple for now :(

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That happened to most of my Framed Staples Ive done....Its the one thing that keeps me from making them more..Just make a simple staple for now :(
Thats the plan stan! Gonna try 28ga next time but i have reliable builds in all my attys atm so im devoting more time to my juice now

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't built in a bit because of life getting in the way, but my new alliance V2 needed something in it. Went for staple wire this time to change it up from my norm.
12 ply 0.5x0.1mm KA1
36gN80
0.18ohm
Wrapped on 3.5mm

6194f8981943d8ebb4ced60175f76a71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if n80 ribbon would be more forgiving than the Kanthal you used or maybe holding a ruler resting ontop of the wire as you wrap

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wonder if n80 ribbon would be more forgiving than the Kanthal you used or maybe holding a ruler resting ontop of the wire as you wrap
It may, if you can find any..
It will also drop your resistance quite a bit if your using any N80 for your Core Wire.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Builds like this are why I want the Aeronaut. It seems like it's a prime candidate for it.
Or a HOG and 46mm Fat Boy :cool: could have more wraps and do a Dual Coil with as many batteries as you'd have to use...

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
24 ply 0.8x0.1 ribbon, 18g frames, 7 wraps, dual coil. :D

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Staggered framed Clapton variation? Core consists of 2 4x32n80 cable claptoned in .5x.1k1 ribbon, framed in 28k1 staggered and claptoned in 36n80. 3.8wraps @3.1id. .2 ohms
Best flavor and vapor density yet.
ec45a45110826630a58127ddd0f7a9d4.jpg
c8d6ac090424c206f8a53650a3a5a058.jpg
a749df579977ca3bba699569e1e26788.jpg
40ee0837a817c4d7d8b4a8f551fb9445.jpg

No cotton...wicks naturally like a champ
0400f5d6ba9768a3abc0828a672499e4.jpg
9211e23c91555bbfced659ff200e68da.jpg
e885143241da9aeacbedf848806119a8.jpg
bbe4186fb265061a038099fd37bda91f.jpg

Now for the wicking

Try it you sucker faces...
First puff'll of this coil in the aeronaut will have a look painted across your silly face like the first time you saw Michael Jackson all grown up.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

Last edited:

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Messed around tonight and made something pretty cool...

4x34G N80 with 38 N80 wrapped on it. Staged with 26G Kanthal to get the resistance down.. .41 ohms. Didn't know what to expect with the micros, but used 4 strands for the cores to ensure they wrapped like a single smaller gauge wire.

Great flavor out of these guys. Will have to see how ramp up is with the noisy cricket.

833f2004629b16ea83f2965c9440f1c8.jpg

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah sometime a single coil will have to do if the ohms are to much.
Where do you live?
usa http://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/nichrome
or
uk http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/products/Nickel-Chrome-80-20--NiCr8020--Wire.html
both have some
I live in USA but I stock Kanthal A1 and Kanthal D for most of my wires, I use Nichrome80 and Nichrome60 for my Higher Gauges. dont see a point vaping any lower in resistance then I already do as battery life and juice already re consumed faster then air at .11-.16 Ohms. Maybe you should check out the link in my Signature....or Click HERE

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
raymo2u the n80 ribbon advise was for Schmucko, i saw he was struggling a little with that build but tbh i think even if using n80 it would still probably burst out as the 40g isnt only really thin but its n80 and spaced.

I took the tour and had a look through your work, good stuff!

If you haven't you should try some of the braided stuff if you want longer battery life and flavor/vapor like an alien coil

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
raymo2u the n80 ribbon advise was for Schmucko, i saw he was struggling a little with that build but tbh i think even if using n80 it would still probably burst out as the 40g isnt only really thin but its n80 and spaced.

I took the tour and had a look through your work, good stuff!

If you haven't you should try some of the braided stuff if you want longer battery life and flavor/vapor like an alien coil
Yea I deal with kids and I dont know if I could sit and braid wire as from what Ive seen it takes quite a bit of time to do it, I would love to then polish it but its just not in my cards for now...

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most times I try doing builds in stages, if that makes sense.lol. cut all the wire I need ,walk away . come back a bit later staging as much as I can, walk away. Prep on my drill, walk away. Exc.exc.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Made some absoultly massive fused claptons.
20160201_203326.jpg
22 core and then wraped with 32. Ishoulda wraped with 34 but im running low and want to save it till i need just a normal build.

VU Sponsors