Become a Patron!

Post your builds

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck it, it's too quiet in here. My first build - what y'all think?

TZjfRIB.jpg
Ohms? Looks overwicked...

#staycloudy

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well I took a short unplanned break from the wire. But I've decided I miss it to much.
Here's a macro and then some color on the tsukalien ... still need to finish pulsing it.

PicsArt_08-01-02.48.18.jpg PicsArt_08-01-02.50.47.jpg

And a fun little thing I threw together this afternoon.

PicsArt_08-14-01.26.33.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is that brass? Do you like brass? I'm trying to decide if I get copper or brass when I get my next tube.

I guess I do like brass - but really I like this one specific exact mod, used it and the DPRO only for like a year now. Copper tubes make my hands smell like funky old pennies, they're too soft and easily corroded, which means they need too much care for a lazy, dirty pirate such as myself

But yeah, personal taste and looks aside, brass seems better choice - copper button assemblies all the way though

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I guess I do like brass - but really I like this one specific exact mod, used it and the DPRO only for like a year now. Copper tubes make my hands smell like funky old pennies, they're too soft and easily corroded, which means they need too much care for a lazy, dirty pirate such as myself

But yeah, personal taste and looks aside, brass seems better choice - copper button assemblies all the way though
Use NeverDull on them after they are polished and then use a papertowel to dry it (dont wash off the neverdull). The brass or copper should stay clean for a couple weeks instead of a couple days.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey ... my KTX is on my DPRO too .... it's been lost in the house for about 2 weeks now though lol

:sad: My DPRO is the oldest and most used mod I have - I'm gonna buy another one or two in case I ever do lose this one, because it seems to be invincible otherwise

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
:sad: My DPRO is the oldest and most used mod I have - I'm gonna buy another one or two in case I ever do lose this one, because it seems to be invincible otherwise
For sure!! I love the fact that I don't rly care that I lost it (other than loosing the KTX). 15-20 bucks buys another one. And it's worth the money. Great little mod.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
They dropped to .08-.09 after heating and re-tightening the screws. So they were probably .06-.07 pre-fire. The more I look at these the more unhappy I ma with how they turned out. And I didn't even highlight the ribbon that rolled on 1 of the wraps.
Specs in previous post
Golds
PicsArt_08-22-02.13.54.jpg
PicsArt_08-22-02.22.41.jpg
Full colors ... I may pulse 1 more time to see if the blues come out. But the way it's going the blues will probably be washed out.
PicsArt_08-22-02.24.09.jpg
PicsArt_08-22-02.25.33.jpg
And a chop-shot colored with the torch
PicsArt_08-21-12.28.38.jpg

EDIT: Got a notification ... this happened to be my 1000th post :D

Last edited:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They dropped to .08-.09 after heating and re-tightening the screws. So they were probably .06-.07 pre-fire. The more I look at these the more unhappy I ma with how they turned out. And I didn't even highlight the ribbon that rolled on 1 of the wraps.
Specs in previous post
Golds
View attachment 144733
View attachment 144734
Full colors ... I may pulse 1 more time to see if the blues come out. But the way it's going the blues will probably be washed out.
View attachment 144735
View attachment 144736
And a chop-shot colored with the torch
View attachment 144732

EDIT: Got a notification ... this happened to be my 1000th post :D
That looks killer to me man. Completely killer!

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That looks killer to me man. Completely killer!
Thank you my dude :D The final stick shot is how it should look throughout. Nice curved corrugated ribbons. Tight, clean, and consistent fusing.
3 major technical errors that keep this from being one of my all time favorites.
Fuse tension was way to tight and inconsistent, causing the crimp to collapse and the center twist to poke up a bit.
I used more of the stick than I wanted trying to decide if I liked skip 2, 3, or 4. So damn near 1/2 a coil is all inconsistent fuse patterns.
And I had some ribbon rollage that I hid in the pics.

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
:eek:...:bomb:

:sad:

:xD:
:inlove:
:cheers:

I believe that sums up my reaction accurately

I finally succumbed to my chronic wire disease last night while unpacking my tools and spools, and claptoned a staple

With my hand drill because of course I forgot to pack my Hitachi... And swivel brace Dammit ┻┻︵¯\(ツ)/¯︵┻┻
...:treadmill:
:coffee2:

Thank you my dude :D The final stick shot is how it should look throughout. Nice curved corrugated ribbons. Tight, clean, and consistent fusing.
3 major technical errors that keep this from being one of my all time favorites.
Fuse tension was way to tight and inconsistent, causing the crimp to collapse and the center twist to poke up a bit.
I used more of the stick than I wanted trying to decide if I liked skip 2, 3, or 4. So damn near 1/2 a coil is all inconsistent fuse patterns.
And I had some ribbon rollage that I hid in the pics.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I finally succumbed to my chronic wire disease last night while unpacking my tools and spools, and claptoned a staple

With my hand drill because of course I forgot to pack my Hitachi... And swivel brace Dammit ┻┻︵¯\(ツ)/¯︵┻┻
...:treadmill:
:coffee2:
The itch will get yah if you look at other peoples work to much ;)
heeyyy that looks like 99% of the staples I've tried to wrap :D

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The itch will get yah if you look at other peoples work to much ;)

heeyyy that looks like 99% of the staples I've tried to wrap :D

Lol yeah, I forgot that staples don't like being unwound after coiling

I might try to make a nice single coil with 40g clapton tonight and see how it vapes

VU Sponsors